Degree in Open University Medical Center - Studies and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Degree in Open University Medical Center

tnewgame

I am interested in starting a degree at the Open University (Computer Science)

I have some concerns I would be happy if you would express your opinion on the subject a

1. The main concern is on behalf of the prestige of the university, I know the material studied is at a high level but I have no idea if the employers are looking favorably on this institution.

To which university institution would you compare it in terms of prestige? 

2. The requirements for a channel beyond Tel Aviv University are not visible in the sky

(87 average and a minimum grade of 80 in several courses) For students / graduates in this audience do you think it is possible?

3. How difficult is the degree in the open when it is spread over 5-6 years and combined with work? 

4. After how long during the degree (when deployed for 5-6 years) can you find a job as an intern? If I find a job, how soon will I get a full-time job? Only at the end of the degree or before?

Thank you very much

Edited By tnewgame
Link to content

In terms of luxury, I do not think you have anything to fear.

It is probably more considered than any college for example.

A friend did his degree there and had no particular problem finding a job.

I think you should try to shorten the duration of the degree as much as possible to allow you to last 5-6 years which sounds a bit much to me.

Link to content

Quote from tnewgame

1. The main concern is on behalf of the prestige of the university, I know the material studied is at a high level but I have no idea if the employers are looking favorably on this institution.

To which institution would you compare it in terms of prestige? 
Conversely, an employer sees someone who has studied at a high level almost alone, even so you learn almost nothing useful in the degree, the fact that you can show that you can study alone is a bonus.

2. The requirements for a channel beyond Tel Aviv University are not visible in the sky

(87 average and a minimum grade of 80 in several courses) For students / graduates in this audience do you think it is possible?
possible? Probably. easy? Definately not. If you have 750+ psychometrics and / or you can sit on your ass for a few hours every day to study effectively it is possible, in the first year I would concentrate on a few basic courses to get used to studies and only then think about grades and transition channels.

3. How difficult is the degree in the open when it is spread over 5-6 years and combined with work? 
Very difficult.

4. After how long during the degree (when deployed for 5-6 years) can you find a job as an intern? If I find a job, how soon will I get a full-time job? Only at the end of the degree or before?
If the grades are good, it is easy to find a student job after a year and find a full-time job. If the grades are good, there will be no problem at the end of the degree.

Thank you very much

Link to content

Quote of lompy

In terms of luxury, I do not think you have anything to fear.

It is probably more considered than any college for example.

A friend did his degree there and had no particular problem finding a job.

I think you should try to shorten the duration of the degree as much as possible to allow you to last 5-6 years which sounds a bit much to me.

How is it in terms of prestige compared to universities in the country?

In how many years did he do his degree?

Did he work while?

One may ask with what salary he started? 

Link to content

My recommendation is to commit suicide for student work even if it hurts grades a bit.

Experience is much more important in the industry than the degree.

The writer is a front-end programmer with 4 years of experience and no degree (learning online).

First job was hard to find a second job with three years of experience was much easier.

Link to content

Quote from tnewgame

How is it in terms of prestige compared to universities in the country?

In how many years did he do his degree?

Did he work while?

One may ask with what salary he started? 

In the order...

This is not a degree from the Technion, but in front of the rest I do not think there is such a difference, there may be places that will ask why exactly there.

It's been a long time, if I remember correctly 4 and a half.

Part-time jobs Like any student, full-time is almost impossible.

Like I said it was a long time ago, like any graduate's salary at the time.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site