Processor Upgrade and Order from AliExpress - Processors, Motherboards and Memories - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

CPU upgrade and order from AliExpress

Designed for gaming, motherboard - h61m-hvs, video card Phoenix GTX 1650 SUPER OC 4GB (Should arrive today), I3 2120 processor.

I was thinking of upgrading to an i5-3750k for the following two reasons: a) is the strongest my motherboard supports b) I did a comparison with the i5 4590 which is the minimum for Assin Creed onwards and saw it is a few percent stronger so I can run it (if I understand correctly).

The prices seemed so expensive to me ($ 130 a month on Amazon, and I did not understand if it included shipping and taxes) that I already thought it might be better to invest in a motherboard and buy at the same price a slightly more modern processor (rather than a third generation 2012), then I went to Eli Express and saw the processor This one at $ 50 including shipping, so I wanted to ask if it really is reliable, and if to buy it or do something else, or stay carried around with my I3.

In terms of cooling I have a Cooler Master fan sitting on the processor, so it seems to me that the new processor will be fine too.

AliExpress Processor -

https://he.aliexpress.com/item/32854327959.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.136b20341gqoRJ&algo_pvid=1b500583-1b60-4787-9a9e-f469bca42a40&algo_expid=1b500583-1b60-4787-9a9e-f469bca42a40-0&btsid=0ab6f81e15981784216166369e0e07&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Comparison of the above processor with the minimum for AC and these -

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-3570K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4590/1316vs2604

Thanks!

Link to content

The truth is that I am now looking at Asrock's site on my motherboard and if I understand correctly it does not support Direct X 12 at all, neither Pixel Shader 5.1, nor Windows 10, and all of these are needed for Assassin's Creed and Goddess, so maybe it's more correct to replace first Then choose a processor?

I'm right?

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H61M-HVS/index.us.asp

From the link -

- Pixel Shader 5.0, 11 with Intel® Ivy Bridge CPU. Pixel Shader 4.1, 10.1 with Intel® CPU

- Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 32-bit / 8.1 64-bit / 8 32-bit / 8 64-bit / 7 32-bit / 7 64-bit / Vista ™ 32-bit / Vista / 64-bit / 32-bit / 64-bit

Link to content

It is no problem to purchase a processor from Ali Express. Used ones are not purchased on Amazon but on eBay or Ali Express.

The difference between K processors and non-K processors is that processors with K have the ability to perform OC.

This capability requires work on Different from what you have so there is no point in purchasing a K processor. 

In other words, an i5-3570 processor will give you exactly the same performance at $ 10 less.

Even an i5-3550 processor will give you almost identical performance, the difference between 3.7ghz and 3.8ghz is less than 3 percent.

The most powerful processor that the board supports is the i7-3770 processor, it also has HT. In principle in AC games the addition of logical cores is an advantage.

In practice there is no justification for purchasing such a processor both because of its relatively high price and also because of your video card which is relatively basic. 

Link to content

First thing thanks a lot for the explanation, second thing from what I see the 3570 is 3.4ghz and not 3.8.

This is the cheapest processor I found:

https://he.aliexpress.com/item/32753914074.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.391f791c8RW8cU&algo_pvid=84f1cc01-1613-4354-872a-35c9fc9018eb&algo_expid=84f1cc01-1613-4354-872a-35c9fc9018eb-1&btsid=0ab6d67915982578551901359e5ceb&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Should I try it used or is it better to pay double for a new one in the package?

Thanks!

Link to content

You talk about base speed and I talk about turbo speed, still everything catches on.

There is no reason to buy a "new" processor for a 7-9 year old system that may also crash at any given moment. 

- Not related but I find it hard to believe he is really new, note that the Chinese differentiate between new and virgin.

If you are bored and you want to invest double, invest it in 3770, it will give you an improvement in performance in the above game - I recommend reducing the investment. 

If for some reason you have a problem with Chinese sellers, the processor is sold at a similar price on eBay, I have seen for example German and British sellers. 

Keep in mind that replacing parts is often the moment an old system that was on the edge, goes through it ...

So first assemble the video card and only after that order a processor. 

Before replacing a CPU make sure you have an updated BIOS.

Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...

I ordered a Mali Express 3570 I5, but suddenly I'm a little stressed because when I went through the list again The board supports them, only 3570K appears, although other processors in the list include both the K version and the version without the K.

I have a reason to worry?

I checked here: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H61M-HVS/index.us.asp#CPU

Spisto thanks for the advice but I did not find anything in hand 2, I preferred to order from China instead of waiting for something to arrive. There's a lot there , But the selection of processors is very limited.

Link to content

Quote of yoavke

It would be quite delusional if this processor is not supported. Anyway, it's already on the way so just wait.

Yes but I would like to know in advance, because the delivery takes a month and if I need to order the K, order it today. And maybe try to contact the seller before it arrives and say I was wrong and try to get along with him ...

Quote of AJ

I think it's better to look in hand 2 for a cube of processor and board if you might find something more powerful

If I want to buy a new tablet sometime when I have money to invest again, at this point to renew a processor at $ 40 is the budget.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

Gaming treats for the weekend

Another free game from the Epic Games Store, free titles to try out from Steam and Ubisoft Connect, fresh game packages on the Humble Bundle website and more are waiting for you inside

new on the site