Upgrading RAM on an Existing Computer - Processors, Motherboards and Memory - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Upgrading RAM on an existing computer

Peace

I would like to upgrade the On my computer.

Currently has 8, wants to upgrade to 16 or 32.

The main use is for data science purposes - memory is currently my main bottleneck, I may upgrade my entire computer in the future.

Technical specifications of the current computer (from CPU-Z):

Intel processor i3 4150

Motherboard technology H81M-2DV

Current memory 8GB, not sure about the speed (how can I check?)

Some questions at your disposal, maybe a little amateurish:

1. There are recommendations for , Seeing that I might upgrade my computer in the future?

2. Is buying from AliExpress an option? Or another site recommended?

3. Can I use 8GB Existing ones I have, and just buy one more 8GB stick? And another 16GB stick, for a total of 24GB, is such a thing possible?

4. I see HERE, That my motherboard supports up to 16GB - is it per stick, or in total? (There are two slots)

I'll be glad to receive your help

Thank you

Link to content

Quote of asaf7

Some questions at your disposal, maybe a little amateurish:

1. There are recommendations for RAM, Seeing that I might upgrade my computer in the future?  By and large, it's a waste of investment. On a new computer you will need DDR4.

2. Is buying from AliExpress an option? Or another site recommended? See above ....

3. Can I use 8GB RAM Existing ones I have, and just buy one more 8GB stick? And another 16GB stick, for a total of 24GB, is such a thing possible?

4. I see HERE, That my motherboard supports up to 16GB - is it per stick, or in total? (There are two slots) This is a maximum of 8X2, meaning 16 gigabytes in total.

Link to content

After looking at the different prices online,

I see the price of a memory stick 8GB moves in the region of $ 25,

An amount I am willing to invest, even if it will not serve me in the long run.

I would be happy to recommend such a stick that will work with the one I have on my computer.

Prefers to buy from AliExpress (or any other site), just because the prices that appear on the face of it are cheaper than in Israel.

In the same breath - is this acceptable? Things I should pay attention to, specifically when buying computer hardware from the Internet?

Thank you

Link to content

Hey

In the same software, CPU Z, click on the SPD tab, where you will get all the information about the memory.

Of course the speed shown is Half From the actual memory speed.

Search the sites you have specified for the appropriate memory.

Also note the operating voltage (shown below) of the memory.

image.png.55a020f57ac1295d8c863969786e215a.png

And after all that, you should buy (like any purchase) from a seller with a high rating

And guaranteeing a refund by the seller or the site.

Successfully !

Link to content

Many thanks for the detailed response @napoleon45

From looking at my CPU Z, I seem to be missing some details (which you at least seem to have)

image.png.cb364d8bfd54d8e3d6c95fc436364e09.png

Physically b For me, I do see that SKhynix is ​​listed (as with you, by chance or not),

But beyond that no more details are listed.

1. Is there any point in buying without me knowing all the details? What is the risk (if any)?

2. Think of buying the זה Or the זה - Both 1600MHz, 8GB - Opinions? Something better? In the first I do not see suitable for , Is there anything to fear?

Thank you

Link to content

• 3 weeks later ...

Quote of napoleon45

Who are the makers of the memories?

NO זיכרון Napoleon or some other regret?

I admit I do not know.

Update, may help someone in the future:

The memory has arrived, at the moment everything seems to be fine.

There is no marking of a company name or anything like that on it.

You can compare the new data to the old one at the beginning of the post.

974450058_ScreenshotRAM.jpg.0415d76c7a3a50e5adfcec5bf6b94d56.jpg

Thank you very much for your help

Link to content

Quote of Moon-Mage

I see it Corsair I wonder what model comes with these timings and I was too lazy to go look at all the million models of them

Ahhhh

Be healthy !   :)

You mean, like, saltines and their ilk, eh?

Well what am I a bank / advertising agency / store that should write "the image for illustration only"?

This is indeed a client from the network, explain to the developer of the discussion .....

It doesn't matter what I have, that's why I didn't get the token either .....   : rolleye0018:

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site