2080ti for $ 500 - Page 2 - Video Cards - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

2080ti at $ 500

nec_000

Quote of nec_000

We can note, for example, that the performance gap between the new 3080 and 3090 is about 20%, but the price is about 2.15 times (1500 compared to

700 $). That is, you pay more than double, for an extra fifth of performance. Nodia know this and do the same stick as

Who do in every field of global consumerism. We are asking for an excessive and excessive price premium in order to capture the working consumers online 

With emotion and emotion, and not with the rational. On the backs of these cut (by the way) the fattest coupon in the cake and this is one of the sources

The largest income and profit for a business. And it will not help that the whole network is already full of reviews from all over the world, which explain this,

That 3090 is not worth anything, there will still be those who will ignore the warning and continue towards 3090 at all costs.

Give Noydia some credit, they are not dumb ... The new 3090 is a professional video card with a slightly more accessible name.

It was not intended to be a gaming performer in the first place [perhaps in the commercials they claim that in order to make it accessible to a large market share]

Link to content

We are entering an era where 8GB is no longer enough to run modern titles in the maximum settings, the ones that are expected from such cards to run.
For example the fresh doom from the year, in maximum settings in Passes 9GB consumption!

Heavy fear that even 10GB is a minimum that is at least somehow for today, but looking forward to 2021 and to you, even that will no longer be enough.

There is a problem, the 3000 generation cards will have to come out in heavier versions (in terms of memory) like 16 / 20GB, otherwise we have a resource

It needs to be in short supply, which means a bit risky to buy them today with only 8 / 10GB. 

A point to think about, that it might be worth waiting a bit for the launch of the memory-enhanced versions. Rumor has it that they are around the corner waiting for us:

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Here's the picture that explains why the 2000 series is not really a performance list compared to the 1000 series. Because in fact the density of transistors that managed to put in the 2000 series is almost the same as what was in the 1000 generation. 

Only 25 compared to 23 million transistors per millimeter square area of .

In fact the transition from 16nm in the production of the 1000 series, to 12nm in the production of the 2000 series, contributed almost nothing. Here she lay

Nodia's problem in 2018 to break ahead in terms of performance relative to the previous generation.

Fortunately for us in the 3000 series and thanks to the transition to 8nm production of , This is a dramatic breakthrough that allows them to compress no

Less than 56 million transients per square millimeter of space . An element that is more than doubling what they had at 12nm.

So here we have something to learn from it, to what extent this comparison of nm from different lithographs does not tell the full picture, and that

8nm of Much more efficient than "parallel" nm in TSMC:

image.thumb.png.483b4f7f7822989ec33fcd67a28a5d34.png

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of nec_000

Indeed, Daniel,

We can note, for example, that the performance gap between the new 3080 and 3090 is about 20%, but the price is about 2.15 times (1500 compared to

700 $). That is, you pay more than double, for an extra fifth of performance. Nodia know this and do the same stick as

Who do in every field of global consumerism. We are asking for an excessive and excessive price premium in order to capture the working consumers online 

With emotion and emotion, and not with the rational. On the backs of these cut (by the way) the fattest coupon in the cake and this is one of the sources

The largest income and profit for a business. And it will not help that the whole network is already full of reviews from all over the world, which explain this,

That 3090 is not worth anything, there will still be those who will ignore the warning and continue towards 3090 at all costs.

I do not think this is true, I think it is important that the difference in performance be higher than 20%, once you take off the glasses of the average gamer and look at it as a professional card. I can tell you that a lot of people who do not play computer games are staring at the 3090.

But I'm not currently going to give crowns, or come out with announcements until I see performance tests.

Link to content

Quote of k534d

I do not think this is true, I think it is important that the difference in performance be higher than 20%, once you take off the glasses of the average gamer and look at it as a professional card. I can tell you that a lot of people who do not play computer games are staring at the 3090.

But I'm not currently going to give crowns, or come out with announcements until I see my tests Performence.

The 20% difference is the severity difference:

Number of processors (8704 vs. 10496)

Memory bandwidth (760GB vs. 936GB)

And the computational power at teraflops which are (30Tera versus 36Tera).

For those who are not aware it is time to fill in gaps, the chip itself of 3080 and 3090 in the current generation, is the exact same chip.

The same piece of silicone is the same. The 3080 is a cut down version of about 20% of the chip volume.

Locked about 20% of cores, blocking a memory controller out of 6, to give 320 active bits out of 384.

The only thing that is not in the 20% ratio is the memory volume of course, 24GB versus 10GB.

Edit at 3090 uses double density chips (2GB each), compared to single density chips (1GB)

On card 3080. It is possible as you say that the huge volume is relevant for any work needs - which are not games or simulators, and certainly makes sense

In relevant scenarios. But the aforesaid is less related / relevant to the subject we are discussing, and is a graphic acceleration for the purposes of play and / or

Simulators. Where the gap is on the order of 20% to the detriment of 3080. Because that's the whole gap - while the price is less than half,

The 3080 is in fact the unqualified winner in this competition in the cost-benefit equation versus the 3090 and in an unbridgeable gap.

But one note is small to me in this context and it is not negligible, for some reason and it feels to me that it was done intentionally, postponed to 3080 קטן

Too nowadays of only 10GB - which results in a relatively short lifespan on the card. Already today game titles in the settings

High itching consumption Of 8-9GB. The new Dom is one of them. And if that is the case, the day will not be far off when it remains on one side with its core

Very strong there in 3080, but without volume infrastructure Provides in order to serve. That's why I'm lighting a little orange light in front of us today,

Please note that we may have to wait for the 3070Ti and 3080Ti versions, which according to all the leaks and rumors, are the ones that will hit the market more

Slightly, but in composition Fitting these cores, this time with 16 / 20GB properly, in order to support these cores 3 years ahead on the timeline.

Expected prices are $ 600 and $ 850 respectively. Do not say that you have not received early notice of this issue.

Don’t blame anyone if God forbid you get stuck in the middle of 2021 with a husband card Very strong that you just purchased, but accompanied

Disappointed that it does not allow in modern titles, to put settings on ultra just because they lack memory and 10GB does not cut it.

This is a bit like 2016 when gtx1060 cards came out in discounted and discounted versions of only 3GB.

As long as the game titles that were then got along well with 3GB this problem was not felt and did not float on the surface, but very quickly the market

Proved that the threshold requirement is over 4GB, which caused these cards to be abandoned en masse, leading to a situation where they have no difficulty

Used. A gamer who understands the market, does not frustrate them at all.

Memory is a resource in video cards, ask Nose Who considers himself an understander, to belittle him.

Anyone who belittles and ignores this issue of video card memory sometimes finds out of pocket (and $ 700 is a considerable pain) that the desire

His save some money on the day of purchase, bring to find out often not long after, that he threw money in the trash, and that it was better in the first place

Add a little more and purchase the right version. In this specific case of memory in graphics accelerators, the saying "That it's the cheapest is

More expensive in the end ", Could not be more appropriate.

Suffice it to look today at what happens to card versions that came out once with 8GB and a second time in a discounted version of 4GB.

The latest titles in proper graphic settings, now need 8GB min which has become quite acceptable in the industry. Whoever owns it

The 4GB version is forced to download graphic settings in the title, sometimes up to the min 'literally because mid no longer converges to that value.

The gaming industry has been moving fast lately, from the time 8GB cards have become a standard in the last 4 years.

The Pascal generation of 2016 marked the turnaround. 1070/1080 / 1080ti brought 8-11GB of memory, and so did the title developers

On these values ​​to give the new continuum of very hi and ultra fidelity. 

Today we are 4 years ahead, which is the standard. 4 / 6GB cards are quite ignored, aimed at developing the settings for them

Per min or at most mid.

Generation 2000 did not bring more memory to the arena than Generation 1000, because it was born in a technological period in transmitters, when no class went up

Unfortunately. But the 3000 generation can not once again remain a third attraction in the same slot. The lithography moves one square 

forward. Which means that Generation 3000 and after it will hit the market in all its glory and full arsenal, will bring us the coveted leap

In memory volumes for the next doubling = 16GB. The game titles will adopt it fast, and whoever does not have it, will eat it.

It will hurt my heart to buy today 3070/3080 with 8 / 10GB volume for $ 500/700, only to find out, pretty soon they do not have it,

At the same time their value in the second hand market crashed accordingly when 70ti / 80ti hit the market with double memory capacity.

Which means you have to purchase a new card for full graphics settings with new titles, but not all of the previous card

This way we will be able to get rid of it at a reasonable price, and without taking off the underwear.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of nec_000

Edit at 3090 uses double density chips (2GB each), compared to single density chips (1GB)

On card 3080.

Because they chose to use a new type of So chips larger than 1 GB are not yet produced. In 3090 they had to use no less than 24 memory chips and that's probably why the card is so big, I guess the other cards did not want to mess with such quantities of chips so as not to increase the price and therefore the memory volumes are low. When the 2GB chips hit the market surely new updates and versions of the cards with volumes accordingly came out.  

Link to content

possible.

I did not dig too deep into the new GDDR6X while batches were released in a Macron catalog, it makes a lot of sense to use a bunch of two chips

(In one place) for each 32-bit path. Means 24 chips Per card 3090, which probably explains to us its huge size.
Probably chips on both sides of the PCB is at a minimum. Waiting to see In the network after that we get smarter.

Link to content

Quote of etal

Because they chose to use a new type of Memories So chips larger than 1 GB are not yet produced. In 3090 they had to use no less than 24 memory chips and that's probably why the card is so big, I guess the other cards did not want to mess with such quantities of chips so as not to increase the price and therefore the memory volumes are low. When the 2GB chips hit the market surely new updates and versions of the cards with volumes accordingly came out.  

This may be an appropriate explanation for the 3080, but the 3070 uses the same From the previous generation.
In any case, I do not see any need for more than 8GB for the average home user, it is a feature that will only be reflected in 4K and it is likely that even then it will not lower the FPS below 60 in the next two years and very few have a screen With a faster refresh rate.

Link to content

Quote of etal

Because they chose to use a new type of Memories So chips larger than 1 GB are not yet produced. In 3090 they had to use no less than 24 memory chips and that's probably why the card is so big, I guess the other cards did not want to mess with such quantities of chips so as not to increase the price and therefore the memory volumes are low. When the 2GB chips hit the market surely new updates and versions of the cards with volumes accordingly came out.  

If so it's great, meaning more memory chips is a faster access to memory overall because you can write and read from 24 chips at once instead of 12. This is similar to the advantage that two sticks have On one.

I really hope they do not change it in two more months when I buy the ticket.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site