Help choosing NUC ~ 4K - Pre-PC Consulting - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Help choosing NUC ~ 4K

IdolAdmin

Peace,

I want to buy NUC for my parents, primary use , And high-quality photo editing (no \ 3D) as a hobby, so it's important to work smoothly. (They are indeed "technological")

I did some research and populated most of my information comes from this guy ...

After watching all his videos I came to the conclusion that NUC10 has most of the disadvantages compared to NUC8:

Disadvantages: USB C front unnecessary, generation FROST gives a low percentage increase in performance and a significant decrease in graphics performance compared to the previous generation, an unnecessary increase in price.

Pros: Seems less warming to me so less noisy, slot for card Normal (no real need for it)

In the three NUC10 models, he simply recommends taking the corresponding NUC8.

So I'm debating between NUC8 i3, i5, i7:

Between i3 and i5 the financial difference is really insignificant 400 NIS, he says that when playing then the i5 is noisy, so it is not a disadvantage in my case, so I would prefer the performance improvement in normal work.

The i7 jump is another 600 NIS, so I'm curious to know if we'll see its benefits or is it just an unnecessary jump?

And do you even recommend the NUC10?

This is what I have assembled so far for 2550 NIS

I'm missing a good screen to edit (As a hobby), if you can answer here excellent if I do not open a separate discussion about it ...

Intel Kit i5 8259U BOXNUC8I5BEH

HyperX Impact 16GB 2666Mhz CL15 SODIMM

Samsung 970 EVO M.2 MZ-V7E500BW 500GB SSD

Logitech MK540 Advanced Wireless Keyboard And Mouse

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Edited By IdolAdmin
Link to content

• IdolAdmin changed the title to Help choosing NUC ~ 4K

https://www.asrock.com/nettop/AMD/DeskMini A300 Series/

https://www.asus.com/Mini-PCs/Mini-PC-PN50/

Both are available in a variety of tangle configurations, as already recommended here.

I bought SFF's A few months ago to my parents, for exactly the same reason, and they are very happy.

Edited By multicore
Link to content

The Deskmini X300 has already been released replacing the A300 but who knows when it will hit stores in the country, it supports these newer APU processors with six and eight cores (the A300 has a BIOS beta that supports them but it's not really official). It is worth considering that the deskmini uses standard desktop processors so that in principle the performance is better than the Asus or NUC using computer processors .

For your questions, in the 8th generation the i7 differs from the i5 mainly in clock speed, the performance difference between them will not be large, the only advantage I see in the NUC10 is that the i7 got 6 cores so it will be more powerful in things that know how to use it.

In any case, consider the memories to buy in two sticks for the system to work email channel, which contributes a little more to the performance, especially the graphics.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site