Entering a Bank Account from a Public Network - Page 2 - Information Technology - IT - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Login to a bank account from a public network

Quote by af db creid

If the address is correct, no, he can not. He may be able to use UNICODE to forge an indistinguishable address from the correct address in the eye, but if I'm not mistaken the browser blocks it. Anyway if you type the address yourself everything is fine.

Anyway of course I strengthen the hands of @multicore- MFA always.

Certainly he can. Do you know what a dns server is? If the device is set to use the dns server provided by the router then it can redirect you to the IP of its Pike website when you type in the address of the Bank Hapoalim website. 

This can be avoided by setting up a specific dns server (such as For example) but most people are not aware of it.

And mfa in a sms message will not help in such a case. Using Google Authenticator - Yes

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post
  • תגובות 36
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

Prominent participants in the discussion

Prominent participants in the discussion

Popular responses

I stopped at Computer Man.

Were the articles in the news full of lies and nonsense to scare? Can not be, they will not do such a thing! They will not say that cellular antennas is dangerous because it has no reference or that it charges dangerous phones or any other nonsense that

You will get a security error in the browser in this case.

Quote of ag43

You will get an error Security In the browser in such a case.

True, but most people will just click the button that says "I confirm I want to continue to the site whose certificate is unidentified"

And there are other ways to get smart.

It is not recommended to provide passwords on a public network of a cafe, hotel, airport, etc.

You can login with your private connection and then switch to the public network. Most sites use https so no problem

You are not "exposed" to hacking anyway, the amount of effort that should be stolen from you in a public network is not much greater than a private wireless network.

Quote from Jonas

True, but most people will just click the button that says "I confirm I want to continue to the site whose certificate is unidentified"

And there are other ways to get smart.

It is not recommended to provide passwords on a public network of a cafe, hotel, airport, etc.

You can login with your private connection and then switch to the public network. Most sites use https so no problem

Whoever enters his bank after a browser security alert really deserves it.

Edited By Moon-Mage
Quote by af db creid

Can you expand? Of course assuming the CIA is not looking for you.

I can not expand because I am not a hacker and I do not know how to do it but I am Knows There are things I do not know. 

The chances that a multi-resource intelligence organization is looking for you are low, but that a criminal organization is trying to extract passwords (email, bank account, etc.) from everything nearby or you are in the sights of some private investigator is no longer so unfounded. You can never know. 

And as for the "what do I have to hide" claim that people pull out - there is always something to hide, your privacy

I do not know what the capacity of criminal organizations is, but they are not looking for you so they will go on the easiest prey.

As for a private investigator, it sounds a bit unlikely to me - but if it calms you down you should know that at least as far as we know (leaked documents) the NSA does not go these ways either (does not say they can not) - the technological challenge is very great and those who design the protocols are not Computer Science students first year.

Plus - look: it's true that I'm afraid of my privacy, but overall yes, I have nothing to hide. A large floor.

Edited By af db creid
Quote by af db creid

I do not know what the capacity of criminal organizations is, but they are not looking for you so they will go on the easiest prey.

As for a private investigator, it sounds a bit unlikely to me - but if it calms you down you should know that at least as far as we know (leaked documents) the NSA does not go these ways either (does not say they can not) - the technological challenge is very great and those who design the protocols are not Computer Science students first year.

Plus - look: it's true that I'm afraid of my privacy, but overall yes, I have nothing to hide. A large floor.

Licensed private investigator. Let me chuckle. If he is licensed (what does that mean at all? A certificate from the government?) Then he is probably an angel and there is no problem that he will intrude on my privacy. What can already happen?

By the way - there is always something to hide. This could be medical / psychological treatment, less accepted political opinions in your environment (work, friends), things you did that you are not proud of, etc.

Look, I'm not arguing that we should disconnect from the Internet and that we should go back to the XNUMXs. Some basic precautions that are not too burdensome, and an understanding that there are bad guys out there.

that's it

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site