Graphics Anatomy: Diving Into MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO - Graphics Cards - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Graphics Anatomy: Dive Into MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

An 18awg cable can transfer 10A in a single steel cable to steel, ie without connectors, with more cable connectors etc. The safe current for continuous operation decreases.

The Pcie device allows for an 8pin 150W cable, ie 4.1A, it is true that many times even with connectors it allows more.

The connection from the motherboard is 75W.

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/wire-gauges-d_419.html

Edited By none77
Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

What is happening today is that in practice 18AWG cables from power supplies are equipped with extensions and catalysts that increase the effective AWG of cables. In a large part of existing power supplies it can be seen that every 18AWG cable comes close to the definition of Single Stranded thanks to this.

As for the PCIE standard, there is a kind of polite disregard for it, and more and more cases of deviation from it can be seen in recent years. We know that the authors themselves are far more compliant than normal, anyway

Thanks for the wonderful review.

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge in electricity but I was in first grade and something here I did not understand:

"Most video card power supply starts right here, in the main power connectors. This video card has three 8PIN connectors. PCI-Express. Each such connector includes three pins for 12V and six GNDs or in the DC power world three for plus and six for minus. "

There are three 8-pin connectors, each with 3 for 12V, another 3 for plus, and another 3 for minus.

3 + 3 + 3 = 9, but the connector has only 8 pins, where is the ninth pin compressed?  

Edited By No-One

image.png.69faa1b72476bd40f3adfe5adb3dd5ac.png

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/465726/what-are-sense-pins-in-8-pin-pci-express-power-plug

The 6-pin cable has one sensor, so the card knows not to pull over 75W.

The 8-pin cable has 2 sensors so the card can pull 150W.

The emotions are connected to grounding, it is not emotions that test voltage to compensate for losses of resistance.

But they are not necessary for the circle itself.

If you think about it you will see that the manufacturers usually meet these limits.

3 8 pin ports.

450W

From the 75W board.

525W.

The card is not expected to go through this, it is not about peaks.

Feel free to check out other tickets.

The mistake is three plus and five minus, correct.

Take any modern power supply today with an 8PIN PCIE connector, and you will see that you are getting a plus Three Tendons (in yellow) and minus At five The others.

Sensing today is transferred to the video card function, and he knows when he is getting the correct voltages in operation.

The sense is connected to grounding because it is a ‘stupid’ emotion.

The card feels like one pulls 75W.

Feel 2 pulls 150W.

For example in the new 12 pin connection, there is

6 12V

6 Grounding, because the card knows there are no other options in the connection

this.

Edited By none77

Yes, it is also a feature that exists in cards today. If I connect the power foolishly against a variable and decide to pull high currents from this setting, it will usually let me go through it quite roughly too before OCP kicks me out. Here we rely on the engineering of the card actually. 

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

New: NVIDIA's Ampere Small

Three different manufacturers are adopting a particularly compact Mini-ITX configuration for the GeForce RTX 3060, so that even miniature computer systems can enjoy the benefits of the new generation - in case the availability does not disappoint once again

new on the site

You have an update

You have an update

Buzz Zone: The Instagram spaces #buzzzone You have an update A photo posted by HWzone.co.il (@ hwzone.co.il) on 2021-01-20 16:09:29 You have an update