Slow Speed ​​in Wired Home Network - Networks and Internet - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Slow speed on a wired home network

Dead_pool

The whole network is connected with a cat7 cable, from my computer to the router and from there to another computer the problem is that the normal speed is about 100MB but sometimes the speed drops to 10MB inexplicably that no change is made in the computers or parts between the computers. What could be the reason?

Link to content

I am talking about the internal network of computers not between computers and the Internet, i.e. transferring files from computer to computer on the network, so unrelated vendor load and process that suffocates neither the problem is no file transfer, internet use or other massive use on any of the computers. In both computers about 15-5% percentage of CPU usage, the network is also not used or very low usage and the SSD is used at zero percent. Any more ideas?

Edited By Dead_pool
Link to content

Quote of Dead_pool

I am talking about the internal network of computers not between computers and the Internet, i.e. transferring files from computer to computer on the network, so unrelated vendor load and process that suffocates neither the problem is no file transfer, internet use or other massive use on any of the computers. In both computers about 15-5% percentage of CPU usage, the network is also not used or very low usage and the SSD is used at zero percent. Any more ideas?

5-15 percent on the processor may actually indicate the problem, because it is quite suitable for one core at 100%. The software may only support single cores and not multiple cores, but its load is "large" on One in the processor and a bottleneck was created there.

So technically you only use 5-15 percent but in practice the processor can not bring more, because of the software. It's terribly unreasonable if it's copying and pasting files that shouldn't be heavy on the processor (unless it's a really really old processor, but then it had 2-4 cores probably and you would not see only 5-15 percent but 25 percent or more ), But if you talk about opening files, for example video files, you can see there problems because of coding that many times works single-core and heavy on Certain.

But the chance of a bottleneck in the processor here is unlikely and the most likely factor is interference. If the cable passes near noises and electromagnetic interference this is a logical reason, especially electricity (i.e. sockets, electrical ducts). You probably would not have reached a reasonable speed in the ditch at all, but there may be some devices in the middle that turn on intermittently. Try to put the computers right next to each other and move then, away from sediment and electrical products that might pass along the way, if that solves then the problem is there.

Another possibility is that the router itself is too weak and unable to handle all of these files.

Beyond that, if you have a lot of small files then the speed goes down. If it stays stable with a large file (try transferring video or ISO of 10-20GB) then it's simply because of that.

Link to content

Here was the problem I put on the maximum on both computers and it worked out. Apparently the windows downloaded to one of the computers New with system updates so it has changed to automatic speed.

How to Fix Local Area Connection Limited to 10 Mbps in Windows 7 | HTML-TUTS.com

Thank you so much for your help and effort : ): )

Edited By Dead_pool
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon's parade continues

Amazon's parade continues

Come and be impressed by another list of great prices for quality hardware products and gadgets that can make your credit cards work overtime