2700 or 3600? Processors, Motherboards and Memories - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

2700 or 3600?

oneq

Peace,

Well after yesterday I decided it was, I'm not waiting any longer and upgrading my system to a more up to date platform (especially I have no reason to wait because Did not announce Raisen 3 but only Raisen 5 which is not in my budget anyway). 

I wanted to ask 3 questions please: 

1, Will there be any price reduction following the next generation going out, and if so is it worth waiting a bit longer with the purchase? 

2. the mother 7 2700 is more Future Proof than 5 3600 (due to the fact that it is 8C / 16T and not 6C / 12T like the 3600)?

I do not intend to upgrade a processor again in the next 5 years ...

3. What is the difference between 10400F and 3600?

Uses are gaming only, 

Thank you

Link to content

The new processors Due out March 31 next year

Quite a bit of time

As to whether there will be a drop in prices it is difficult to say, the situation of the Korna

On the one hand the purchasing power of everyone is harmed on the other hand it has to pass the time

Processors Speaking of high resolutions from FHD do not constitute a bottleneck almost at all

This means that everything falls on the video card and so it will remain for a few more good years

If you go for FHD and only 144HZ do not think there will be a problem in the future

240HZ and above maybe this will be a problem in the future

The 10400F game processor is mostly less expensive at $ 50 as of today than the 3600

Able to give better performance up to 10 FPS

But requires Fast as CL14 2666

או Z490 to enable XMP - OC

So it may not be that lucrative

Weak 10-20 percent in heavy software compared to 3600

Edited By aviv00
Link to content

1. So I understand that there is no point in waiting for the launch date because not sure if there will be a drop in prices, and if so then it will also not be significant? 

2. I play at 1080P - 60Hz. The video card is GTX 1060 6GB. Maybe in the future I will switch to 1440P with a stronger card. 

3. Playing is the purpose of the computer. So maybe it's better for me to take 10400F with 3000 / 3200Mhz? 

Link to content

It is difficult to determine there are many variables, the marketing of each company examines all possible situations and chooses the best way for the company

If there will be a massive purchase from the private market there will be a price drop if there will be in the servers then there will not be

But there is not so much justification to go for these fast processors

The new day graphics cards are not even able to weigh on the processors of the current generation

If you play games eSports

You'll feel better

Check how much you get with the 10400F and how much with the RYZEN

If you're thinking of a future upgrade maybe Right for You

או With more fighters

Edited By aviv00
Link to content

Quote of Jabberwock

The right choice is the Reisen 3600.
Motherboard GIGABYTE B550M DS3H with a more up-to-date chipset

Question, why the 3600? The guy plans to return the computer for 5 years. And the new consoles come with octagonal processors .

I do not think you are wrong or right, I have seen the cluster and honestly I am debating what is the right recommendation, just want to know what the reasons are.

Link to content

Will give more performance in games due to stronger cores.

You're comparing Different bonfires. Although the older generation has more cores, in games more power is important Individual (provided sufficient parallel processing power)

By the way, there is a difference of 500MHZ between the Reisen 2700X and the model without the X.

clock_analysis_compared.jpg

Edited By Jabberwock
Link to content

Quote of Jabberwock

Will give more performance in games due to stronger cores.

You're comparing Processors Different bonfires. Although the older generation has more cores, in games more power is important Core Individual (provided sufficient parallel processing power)

By the way, there is a difference of 500MHZ between the Reisen 2700X and the model without the X.

clock_analysis_compared.jpg

I have no doubt that the 3600 is better at least for now, but the cluster developer is talking about a 5 year term, my concern is that because the consoles are switching to octopuses Already this year, very soon we will see games that utilize all this power. Then it will be interesting to see if the 3600 will still be better than the 2700. Shortened this discussion to another cluster, I was just curious I wanted to know the reasons for the recommendation.

Link to content

Quote of k534d

I have no doubt that the 3600 is better at least for now, but the cluster developer is talking about a 5 year term, my concern is that because the consoles are switching to octopuses Core Already this year, very soon we will see games that utilize all this power. Then it will be interesting to see if the 3600 will still be better than the 2700. Shortened this discussion to another cluster, I was just curious I wanted to know the reasons for the recommendation.

Well, after reading a bit I realized that hearts are not everything in life. So what if the consoles go to 8 cores, what matters in games is the speed of the cores and not the amount of cores. As you can see the FX 8100 (which is octa-core) is behind the Dual core 3000G. The fact that it has 8 cores does not help it in gaming in any way, a weak processor. 

I think I'll go for the 3600. 

Link to content

• 3 weeks later ...

At the level of the algorithmic principle it is preferable to have as few cores at an equivalent power. And this is true for all types of calculations, not just games.

If possible Only one, as strong as n weak cores, would be preferable.

And why:

If there are n troubles, then A single at a power equivalent to n, will do the same thing as a processor that has n core hearts.

But, if less than n nuisances enter, for example one nuisance, it will run on the strong single core,

P n faster, than running on Weak one (in a processor with n cores).

Always remember, it is better to have as few cores as possible, with a power equivalent to many cores.

The division of labor into the number of hearts is not out of choice - but out of compulsion.

Because there is a performance ceiling that can be made in a single pipe line. So put in more hearts to grow laterally anyway,

If it is not possible to grow in height.

Beyond that, there are algorithms that can be obtained from nothing, and then all the more so.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

If it's just gaming it's better to take Intel, both in price and performance they just take the , With all due respect to AMD that they broke with the Raisen and gave competition in their 1000 and 2000 order, but the 3000 series is not much different from Intel, what also they caught under and compared prices while Intel lowered theirs. The price tag of the 3600 is 780 NIS in KSP, the price tag of 10400f is 690 NIS, as long as you do not currently have a board of From the 1000 series I would not take them.

Link to content

Quote of Gery Gorenshtein

If it's just gaming it's better to take Intel, both in price and performance they just take the AMD, With all due respect to AMD that they broke with the Raisen and gave competition in their 1000 and 2000 order, but the 3000 series is not much different from Intel, what also they caught under and compared prices while Intel lowered theirs. The price tag of the 3600 is 780 NIS in KSP, the price tag of 10400f is 690 NIS, as long as you do not currently have a board of AMD From the 1000 series I would not take them.

Everything written here (except the prices) is just not true, the 3600 is better than the 10400 in every possible use as long as you do not use a board of 700+ shekels + fast memory because Intel is a company of scum who decided to limit the memory speed according to the chipset just to knock The consumers.
This does not mean that the 10400 is bad, on the contrary the 10400 F is the sweetspot in terms of cost / benefit for games at the moment, but to say that it is better than the 3600 is just a joke.

Editing: And just to clarify neither the CPU nor the motherboard nor the memory has any problem working above 2666MHz (the speed to which Intel limited the B460) they put this limit solely to knock consumers out and produce a product segmentation that is not really needed.

Edited By Moon-Mage
Link to content

Quote of oneq

Peace,

Well after yesterday I decided it was, I'm not waiting any longer and upgrading my system to a more up to date platform (especially I have no reason to wait because AMD Did not announce Raisen 3 but only Raisen 5 which is not in my budget anyway). 

I wanted to ask 3 questions please: 

1, Will there be any price reduction following the next generation going out, and if so is it worth waiting a bit longer with the purchase? 

2. the mother RYZEN 7 2700 is more Future Proof than RYZEN 5 3600 (due to the fact that it is 8C / 16T and not 6C / 12T like the 3600)?

I do not intend to upgrade a processor again in the next 5 years ...

3. What is the difference between 10400F and 3600?

Uses are gaming only, 

Thank you

I'm just an innocent question, but it is perhaps the most important question that has not been asked at all, neither by anyone here, nor by you.

What is your current platform, ie what is the CPU?

Feedback on this question will give us guidance, understand, whether the task for which you applied to purchase a new computer (board + processor + and maybe also ?)

Which is gaming, does it even need an upgrade? 

Many make a mistake already in this section and it is to diagnose incorrectly, what is the weak point in the current machine.

For the most part and almost in the vast majority of cases, the bottleneck is generally the video card, not the platform itself (processor).

So let's first check together, from what starting point we start the journey ...

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site