Remote Disk Burning - Computer Technical Support - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

As part of my job I am required to burn excerpts On disks for external customers.
Burning is a MUST and cannot be switched to any other media format.
We burn about 5-10 discs a day.
The size of the recordable file ranges from hundreds of megabytes to 5-8 GB.
The computer on which the recordable file is located is in a server room and I want to burn the disk in my position. 
The distance from the server room to my stand is about 800 meters (cable).
Is it possible to burn from a remote computer and if so, how long do you think the burn will take?

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post
Quote of multicore

Copy to you in SMB and burn?

No. I have access to a computer (a kind of distance like KVM) but the burner is in my position and the length of the cable between the computer and the burner is about 80 meters. Can be burned when the cable is about 80 meters long

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site