Stability issues after upgrading from i7-8700k to i9-9900k on z370 motherboard - PC Technical Support - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Stability issues after upgrading from i7-8700k to i9-9900k on z370 motherboard

Hello everyone. 

I have a motherboard z370 Gaming K6, updated to the latest BIOS. Without overclocking or changing except for the acceleration of the memories. 

This week I switched between the processors and the computer went up as usual, everything looked just fine. When I checked the temperature I saw that the idle is sitting around 35 degrees. I ran Cinebench20 and the temperature was around 98 degrees but the computer finished the run and the result was quite surprisingly good (4841 to 9900K versus 3280 of 8700K) on the one hand wonderful but when I ran Prime95 the computer crashed after about twenty minutes. My fans are controlled by And aim to reach maximum action already at about 70 degrees. 

I think the problem is with the tensions, they feel too high for me ... attach here Of Hwmon in IDLE and under load (Cinebench).

What do you say?  

My computer specification is:

Asrock z370 Gaming k6

G.skill 64GB 

GTX 1070 Gainward 

Power Supply 750W Platinum 80+

CPU Cooling: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer 240

Thanks in advance

9900K_LOAD_HWmon.JPG

9900K_IDLE_HWmon.JPG

Edited By Aa'ariel
I forgot to add the cooling type ...
Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

No abnormal tension appears.

What is the frequency?

Make default values ​​in BIOS and check.

You may not have put the ointment on the processor properly, or it may not be sitting well.

Make sure all the fans are running and that the pump is working.

Feel if there is hot air at the exits of the case.

https://siliconlottery.com/pages/statistics

image.png.940eb91c09b680953aef293d2e688e7c.png

Hey thanks. 

I think I put the ointment well, hot air comes out of the fans - the set up of fans by the way is: 2X140 Intake front, the 2nd (get four) of The water Exhaust up and another one in the back wall also as Exhaust 

According to the table you sent my VCORE is high, under load it reaches 1.4 plus .. As mentioned, works on STOCK without any game or

Also note that in the photos I sent the motherboard remains relatively high temperature I think the VRM of this motherboard is good so it is also not what affects in my opinion. 
I switched to the default values ​​of the motherboard and really got an improvement of about 5-7 degrees under load and also in the IDLE, which makes me believe that it can also be improved with correct values ​​of the various voltages. 

I do not understand in depth everything related to tensions, but remember that there is something responsible for the possible deviation of the tension and maybe it is not aimed correctly ... 

You did not answer what the frequencies were.

1.4V When how many cores in effort?

According to your picture it was 1.28V.

The fewer core facts the frequency increases.

You can set V offset, raise or lower voltages at a fixed value, in which case the software shows the actual voltage.

Most likely your board like most boards changes the default settings of For turbo duration to improve performance, you can change manually.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13544/why-intel-processors-draw-more-power-than-expected-tdp-turbo

Edited By none77

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon Prime Day 2021 Operational Concentration: Equal Computers for Every Demander

Amazon Prime Day 2021 Operational Concentration: Equal Computers for Every Demander

Two days of non-stop shopping are in full swing, and we continue to concentrate on the best deals for you. There is no shortage of moments, that's for sure. There are a little more than 24 hours left until the end of the international discount project from Amazon, which definitely managed to surprise us for good in its diversity and generosity, so here is another list of very hot recommendations that you should not miss. Want to make a dream come true and upgrade to an OLED screen not only on a smartphone but also on a mobile? This deal from Asus is probably the best opportunity to date for the move. A luxurious ZenBook Flip 13 hybrid model with an OLED touch panel with 1080p resolution, which enjoys 100 percent coverage of all colors in the DCI-P3 standard and has ...