Proper Distribution of Drives - PC Technical Support - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Proper distribution of drives

law89

Hi friend

On my previous computer when- Were relatively expensive, I purchased two drives. one Mainly for the operating system and the other standard for the rest, plus another drive External that contains a backup.

The consideration was both economic and to separate the system from the rest of the installed material. In light of the falling prices of the several questions:

1. Do you recommend continuing with the configuration of one drive with And another drive for the rest?

2. If a virus goes down to the first drive, can it reach the second drive?

3. Is it better to back up from an external drive or an internal drive? The advantage of the external is that I can transfer it to another computer easily. The downside is the speed of the drive. I bought a super fast one (reading and writing something like Giga) but realized there were drives Which are much faster. I might be considering purchasing one of these internally. How complicated is it to transfer it from computer to computer when needed (it will move about once a week)?

Link to content

Quote of kdani

Do not transfer from computer to computer. I'm using a-SSD One for the operating system - and there a separate partition for data, and more SSD For more data + internal HDD for movies andMP3

If you need more than one computer - dropbox And the like - your best friends. 

I want to put the backups on the drive so Dropbox will not help me.

If I put backups for two computers on one drive, then I will have to move it every time.

Most I will know - if I have two internal drives and one of them has a virus. Does the virus have access to the other drive?

If so, if I have a backup on this drive and I upload the backup, does the computer run virus free or can it affect my backup in one way or another?

Link to content

Quote of Jabberwock

The virus can destroy all the information of all the connected drives.

Need to first remove the virus / format the operating system and only then connect the drive of the backup otherwise what will you do if the virus destroys your backup ??

If the virus does not destroy my backup, will the backup always go up properly? (I'm trying to figure out if a virus can do some sort of backup manipulation like edit the backup in some way and stay on the computer).

If I connect an external drive, can it still destroy the backup on it?

Link to content

The virus can edit the backup or rather destroy it. Even if it is an external drive. Take for example a ransomware virus. Encrypts the files and requires payment to release them.

The virus runs on the operating system. She's the one who drives it. The virus can replicate itself to another drive but will have to click on some file (EXE) to infect another computer. Unless the other drive also has , But less likely.

Link to content

Quote of Jabberwock

The virus can edit the backup or rather destroy it. Even if it is an external drive. Take for example a ransomware virus. Encrypts the files and requires payment to release them.

The virus runs on the operating system. She's the one who drives it. The virus can replicate itself to another drive but will have to click on some file (EXE) to infect another computer. Unless the other drive also has Operating System, But less likely.

That is, if I understand you correctly, if I clicked on an EXE file it will infect my computer but will not infect an external drive as long as it was not connected.

If I connect it later, do I need to run the EXE file again so that it sticks or is it enough that I ran it before when it was not connected?

Link to content

Quote by law89

If the virus does not destroy my backup, will the backup always go up properly? (I'm trying to figure out if a virus can do some sort of backup manipulation like edit the backup in some way and stay on the computer).

If I connect an external drive, can it still destroy the backup on it?

If a virus enters a computer it can destroy any disk on it, physical and non-physical, even with a disk connector of drive All your network files will be deleted.

From experience !!!

In case of a virus, you must clean the computer, I suggest deleting the executable disk and reinstalling it. The virus from the data disks nothing will happen.

Suggests that you do an internal backup on another disk for the purpose of deleting any data that is not the result of a virus. For example a broken disk

Offers you to back one exterior per period due to concealment , Back up network drives as well.

Link to content

Note When I wrote an external disk, I meant a disk that is not permanently connected to a computer, because if it is connected to a computer, it will be just as vulnerable to a virus as an internal disk.

That is at the end of the backup take out and put in the closet

Link to content

Quote by law89

Do I need to run the EXE file again so that it sticks or is it enough that I ran it before when it was not connected?

Enough you have run in the past that the operating system is already infected with a virus. Depends on the virus but most viruses infiltrate code that even after restarting the computer they will run again. See entry WannaCry Wikipedia

Link to content

In addition to everything they said about me, drives Less reliable and unrecoverable in case of failure. HDD drives are entirely possible, such as extracting the plates or wearing a circuit from another HDD under the same model. Can survive fires, exposure to chemicals, partial fracture of one or more plates.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon's parade continues

Amazon's parade continues

Come and be impressed by another list of great prices for quality hardware products and gadgets that can make your credit cards work overtime