Records broken in NVMe 7400/7000 - Volume - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Records are broken on NVMe 7400/7000

attached New NVMe SSD https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/phison-e18-to-be-fastest-pcie-gen-4x4-nvme-ssd-controller-going-for-7400-mbs.html  

To be extremely fast 

But not understood from the whole new generation, are there competitors in the Samsung 980 PRO?

In terms of continuous writing Intelligent TurboWrite coming from Samsung 108GB

And no other manufacturer mentions this term in it?

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

I just want to point out that in my opinion 90% of users will have no ability to distinguish between any of the NVME drives whether the cheapest or most expensive in normal uses so do not know how much it really matters or how much it really interests the average user.

Quote of etal

It is clear that no other manufacturer refers to Intelligent TurboWrite because this term is a registered trademark of סמסונג, My impression is that this is just another name for SLC Cache and all manufacturers today use similar technologies.

Wonderful if there is no difference between To other manufacturers 

But no one checks it?

After all, there are online tests for Intelligent TurboWrite or continuous testing of a file usage file transfer request 

Where do the competitors stand?

Edited By Kfir
Quote of Kfir

Do not understand you gave a link without explaining what I am supposed to see or understand?

There is an explanation.

a quote

the 1TB model's pre-allocated TurboWrite region is 6GB and can allocate an additional 108GB as a dynamic SLC buffer for a total of 114GB

a quote

if the has less than 324GB remaining free space (1TB model), intelligent TurboWrite will not fully operate, so for best performance, be sure to leave a little wiggle room in the drive

Quote of Jabberwock

There is an explanation.

There is no longer an explanation for my questions 

Bringing a REV of 980 PRO 

Even you can not explain what is related to your link.

Now you are bringing me quotes from REV that are not related to my question :

a quote

But not understood from the whole new generation, are there competitors in the Samsung 980 PRO?

In terms of continuous writing Intelligent TurboWrite coming from Samsung 108GB  " 

The link you provided is written on every site that does a 980 PRO REV 

Who do you think are the competitors of the 980 PRO? It is superior to the first generation of PCIE4.0 drives and the second generation has not yet really come out in most competitors.

Your original link talks about the E18 controller but it does not That you can buy but only the cattle and have not yet entered the market for the products based on it. To- There is a new controller that will probably also give competition but even there we are still waiting for products that have hit the market. Right now the main competitor of the 980 PRO is the WD Black SN850 which gives the impression that in most tests it is slightly better than it is, not that anyone will feel the difference between them.

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9664/wd-black-sn850-1tb-nvme-2-ssd/index.html

Edited By etal
a quote

Who is it for you deadBoycotts of the 980 PRO? It is superior to the first generation of PCIE4.0 drives and the second generation has not yet really come out in most competitors.

After all, I wrote in the top of my question the The competitors   

Phison e18 Containing chip 1.4  Rev. This is the new generation 

You ask what is the new generation?
Read the article on the site 
https://hwzone.co.il/main-computers/הקרב-על-הדור-הבא-מתחמם-בקרי-ssd-חדשים-בדור/

a quote

Your original link talks about the E18 controller but it does not SSD That you can buy but only the cattle and have not yet entered the market for the products based on it. To-

According to the manufacturer by the end of the month it came out 

And I mentioned that this is the new generation 

a quote

Currently the main competitor of the 980 PRO is the WD B.lack SN850 Which gives the impression that in most tests it is slightly better than him, 

God- Yours also not sold in the market yet. 

And this is not the new generation  ,   1.4 NVMe Rev, 

Your SSD contains 1.3 

This is the new generation and as it is there are already online updates about them 
https://www.xpg.com/us/feature/685/

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site