Apple Announces New Processor - M1 - And A New Era, But What ..... - Page 2 - Processors, Motherboards & Memories - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Apple announces a new processor - M1 - and a new era, but what .....

Quote of Kfir

Unable to understand all of  Dark Based on Intel's X86 

So replaced all the apps on the site? 

To be adapted to the processor ARM ?

From what I understand the software is available in two copies one for X86 and one for Arm
They continue to support (For both old and new computers that they release with Intel processors)

Link to content

Quote of Outlook

From what I understand the software is available in two copies one for X86 and one for Arm
They continue to support Intel (For both old and new computers that they release with Intel processors)

That means the app makers have invested money in renewing the apps 

To work on  ?

It's fast 

And if this is true NVIDIA and Will give a fight to Windows X86 

Then a competition will begin 

Link to content

I could not figure out what ARM benefits 

Suppose they are fast 

Suppose they have 32 cores 

But how is it expressed in her?

Will the pixels be of better quality? Will HDR give me a more spectacular look? Which firm will invest in software optimization for ?

The market for Maybe 10% in the next two years.

That is an expensive price because it is dark, there is no advantage in front / AMD

Windows to In diapers 

So why invest in thinking about ?

That I'm a writer As a desktop on a big screen, I am not enthusiastic about the colors, shades, unexciting processing quality 

Photos Not exciting on mobile that are displayed on a large screen 

Link to content

Quote of Kfir

This is the last thing that interests me, there is always electricity around 

Also Always connected.

This is the first thing laptops and servers look for (well, maybe the second one).

Quote of Kfir

I am looking for pixel quality 

Tied to a video card and monitor, not a processor.

Quote of Kfir

Any advantage over Intel ?

Everything I mentioned above.

Link to content

Quote by af db creid

Also Always connected.

This is the first thing laptops and servers look for (well, maybe the second one).

Tied to a video card and monitor, not a processor.

Everything I mentioned above.

מחשב Today for use in the home or business there is no electricity problem

Except for power outages that can also work for hours 

There is also a power cord in school 

מחשב Also weaker 

Not related to a video card, a video card might help but it depends on the CPU processing 

And system capabilities regardless of video card 

Even though I process data mostly on a video card I still do not get pixel quality on a video card 

A multi-core processor does have pixel quality in the software that utilizes them  

Very disappointed with the graphics cards and the sharpening of pixels and their improvement.

A screen can always help to show good pixels, that there is poor processing even the screen will not do well with them 

Link to content

Quote of Kfir

מחשב Mobile Today for use in the home or business there is no electricity problem

Except for power outages that can also work for hours 

There is also a power cord in school

So you should know that not all people are like you.

Quote of Kfir

מחשב Mobile Also weaker 

Indeed, and the comment above is valid for that as well.

Quote of Kfir

Not related to a video card, a video card might help but it depends on the CPU processing 

Nonsense. That's what I have to say.

Link to content

• 1 month later ...

It's not that black or white, for the new processors There are lots of disadvantages ...
Some of them: GPU performance is particularly poor for professionals

Lack of Support for Professional Plugins Editing , There is not even a notice from the developers about native versions.

Encoding H.264 quality below all reviews! (In all my years in the field I have never seen such poor quality.)
There is no more support for bootcamp, meaning with support for WIN native software like based founders .

Although Apple wants to paint an optimistic picture ... M1 processors reach 92 degrees with effort! And yet the fans did not work enough (Apple's philosophy).

I got to try out the Mac Mini M1, I was not impressed with such a particularly impressive performance not in front of the Raisins.

For those who are interested in buying I would suggest waiting at least a year +

Screenshot 2021-01-02 102506.jpg

Edited By urib
Link to content

Quote of Kfir

I could not figure out what ARM benefits 

Suppose they are fast 

Suppose they have 32 cores 

But how is it expressed in her?

Will the pixels be of better quality? Will HDR give me a more spectacular look? Which firm will invest in software optimization for ARM ?

The market for ARM Maybe 10% in the next two years.

That is an expensive price because it is dark, there is no advantage in front Intel / AMD

Windows to ARM In diapers 

So why invest in thinking about ARM ?

That I'm a writer Mobile phones As a desktop on a big screen, I am not enthusiastic about the colors, shades, unexciting processing quality 

Photos HDR Not exciting on mobile that are displayed on a large screen 

The architecture of Responsible for designing more chips than any other company in the world, it is likely that there are currently more chips based From AMD and Intel together and do not need to adapt the software and applications to their architecture. Programmers who write operating systems (like me) already worry that software running on the user's side did not know they were running on different hardware. One of the things I need to do when updating a processor or hardware component is to adapt the operating system to the hardware so that its services will look the same to the users.

The matter that the processors of They heat up much less and consume less electricity, so it is possible to build a computer with thirty cores, for example, and speed them up mentally on a typical provider. In addition, because Apple has more control over CPU design they can adapt it to their needs more freely. For example build a processor with more DMA channels that are suitable for transmitting information from the camera in addition to more units that can process an image for example at the expense of units that do mathematical calculations. Also note that they can work with lithography at five nanometers, so there is actually more functionality in less space so it is generally better for them.

Edited By Buck
Link to content

a quote

Encoding Video H.264 quality below all reviews! (In all my years in the field I have never seen such poor quality.)

I could not understand why you say H264 of poor quality?

a quote

The architecture of ARM Responsible for designing more chips than any other company in the world, it is likely that there are currently more chips based ARM From AMD and Intel

I could not see qualities in About any kind 

UPSCAEL poor quality shades and colors too few 

Not to mention media computers  That can play any film not high quality and messy  

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site