Intel has brought a cooler prototype to the processor, without noise, without fans and electronic - processors, motherboards and memories - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Intel has brought a cooler prototype to the processor, without noise, without fans and electronic

Pretty.

but ...

The cooling itself is needed as another processor,

So even Emphasizes that it is more in an academic aspect

And showcasing capabilities than anything to the general population.

It is a kind of "extinguishing the fire with fire" .....

And yet, an interesting video andthanks for sharing !

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

That's so not true. TEC needs a way to get rid of the heat, otherwise the heat will return back to the "cold side". To get rid of the heat you need either Air (large heatsink with fans) or Water (radiator with fans).

It's also far from being anything new, I played with TECs years ago. The interesting innovation here is the combination of software that allows good control over its operation and in addition the moisture detector that helps to avoid condensation of liquids (when I played with it I smeared half a board with Vaseline, quite repellent)

Quote of Kfir

Where do you see the amount of electricity consumed?

Can start here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_cooling

By and large, the whole issue of cooling below room temperature feels much more of a hassle than you get in return. I think it's nice as something to play with and if you're strong in the segment of And benches.

Edited By captaincaveman
wrong link
Quote of the captaincaveman

Can start here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_cooling

By and large, the whole issue of cooling below room temperature feels much more of a hassle than you get in return. I think it's nice as something to play with and if you're strong in the segment of Overclock And benches.

What is the connection, large or small?

You have no idea what the amount of electricity is and you draw conclusions regardless of the product that you do not know what exactly it is made of and yet works 

And there is no hint in the video about power consumption 

This cooler has a lot of potential 

No noise - that's huge 

There is no heat in the case as in other methods 

Does not take up space 

OC potential that does not exist in any refrigerant today 

You did not bother to watch the video or read the link. Then I will quote you:

• Heat will also move from the hot side to the cool side by thermal conduction inside the module itself, an effect which grows stronger as the temperature difference grows.

The result is that the heat effectively moved drops as the temperature difference grows, and the module becomes less efficient. There comes a temperature difference when the waste heat and heat moving back overcomes the moved heat, and the module starts to heat the cool side instead of cooling it further

In addition, about a minute into the video you linked without seeing or understanding what was said in it, it says that such a TEC needs 300WATT to cool a 150WATT processor.

a quote

You did not bother to watch the video or read the link. Then I will quote you:

• Heat will also move from the hot side to the cool side by thermal conduction inside the module itself, an effect which grows stronger as the temperature difference grows.

Read your writings again because in practice you say nothing 

In any state of cooling or heating hot or cold air flows from one place and another

What's new here?

It's a physics of circulation.

a quote

The result is that the heat effectively moved drops as the temperature difference grows, and the module becomes less efficient. There comes a temperature difference when the waste heat and heat moving back overcomes the moved heat, and the module starts to heat the cool side instead of cooling it further

Again physics that says nothing 

Warmer air movement to a less hot area 

It has nothing to do with anything all the scriptures you have brought.

It has nothing to do with W that cooling takes either need or capabilities 

Just nothing, except basic physics where hot air dissipates, what's new about it?

• a quote

In addition, about a minute into the video you linked without seeing or understanding what was said in it, it says that such a TEC needs 300WATT to cool a 150WATT processor.

Again inaccurate 

• Even water cooler consumes 300W in some situations, this does not mean that it constantly consumes a maximum of watts 

The link you provided is not related to anything like all the quotes that are not related to anything 

You do not know what materials the cooler is made of 

And you invent a theory for complex materials or cooling capabilities 

Unrelated to reality 

It has nothing to do with a Wikipedia article that talks about thermal conduction and between Intel's cooler 

Because you do not know what the cooler consists of, how it works, what materials work in it 

Do you do yourself?
If you have no idea what you're talking about and people here explain to you that it's just another peltier effect cooler, maybe you should try to read some of the information that is accessible to you and learn?
It's a gimmick, it has no use for the home user and it consumes a psychedelic amount of energy and give me even a second to laugh out loud at the fact that you wrote that water cooling takes 300W.

From your responses I understand that maybe reading English is not your strong suit, try here https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/אפקט_פלטייה And if it's too high for you feel free to ask questions and maybe we can help you understand, but first you might try to learn a little on your own.

You might as well try watching something simpler like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xY06PT5JDE&vl=en
And if you want to understand more in depth then here is a more serious explanation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWUhwmmZa7A&feature=youtu.be&t=541

Edited By Moon-Mage
a quote

Do you do yourself?
If you have no idea what you're talking about and people here explain to you that it's just another peltier effect cooler, maybe you should try to read some of the information that is accessible to you and learn?

Even if you write in 10 names and threaten me  

Because you are addicted to the nonsense you write, will not help you.

All the information you have attached to you and your various names on Wikipedia has nothing to do with anything.

a quote

It's a gimmick, it has no use for the home user and it consumes a psychedelic amount of energy and give me even a second to laugh out loud at the fact that you wrote that water cooling takes 300W.

That is Investing manpower, engineers, money to cool and you decide otherwise.

I do not understand why you are here in the forum for free instead of donating from your abilities to Intel in money 
Or donate your brain to science?

You can laugh for 2 seconds ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++ 
(Like the processors of 14 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++)

a quote

From your responses I understand that maybe reading English is not your strong suit, try here https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/אפקט_פלטייה And if it's too high for you feel free to ask questions and maybe we can help you understand, but first you might try to learn a little on your own.

Or maybe renaming the forum and threatening people is your strong suit?

I do not even spend time opening your links in your names that say nothing and are not related to anything 

You are not helping anyone understand, you are very misleading 

I turned to the forum to show what came out in the world, you probably do not teach or understand 

If I have to study on my own, why are you bothering me in this forum to study on my own?

He's accused me of changing names before.

Is a dumb piece that does not interest him to read but only to publish headlines with zero understanding.

It makes a lot of sense to have two users with over 3000 messages and language for years.

And Kfir in a calmer tone, try to watch the videos I linked to and you might be able to understand this technology a little better.

He's accused me of changing names before.

Is a dumb piece that does not interest him to read but only to publish headlines with zero understanding.

You're not telling the truth again 

I asked for advice about Air and I brought some collars to choose from 
simple question 

Instead of a clear answer as to which air cooler you tried under different names to force me to buy a water cooler 

All my answers to you stop your terror and harassment towards me 

You keep harassing me.

As if you are getting money from someone to forcefully harass with nonsense and unreality.

You keep coming back to my threads every day and writing endless nonsense 

Even though you know I'm not interested in any help from you, neither today nor tomorrow nor ever.

But because you have no life you will come back tomorrow.

The hallucinatory answer :

a quote

It's also far from being anything new, I played with TECs years ago.

He compares himself to Intel, engineers, multi-million dollar equipment labs to the plasticine he plays with 
He and no one has any idea what Prepares and from what materials in this refrigeration.

Hence all his angular answers 

And unable to understand and accept that his uneducated views do not interest me.

Even though he is hinted at going to bother others, he does not understand and continues to chase after me at every link.

Edited By Kfir

Are you forcibly trying to be ignorant?
People here are trying to explain to you what it is and you are completely ignoring, not even listening to the Q videoare you(!) You brought, so what exactly do you want?
And you think the engineers at Intel are God? Or have they invested more in this product than the minimum possible? So I can tell you that a lot of my friends from the Technion worked there and none of them was God or broke the laws of physics for his pleasure, if you want to cool something without moving parts to a lower temperature from the environment there is only one solution and it is a plate effect and these tools have no No use In home computing, they are not particularly good at cooling (unless you want to add more Just for them), they require a psychedelic amount of energy and they can cause condensation of water on your CPU.
Now that does not mean it has no use, sometimes there can be no moving parts or need high displacement resistance and there you can only use it (except for exotic solutions that work just below zero with quantum effects), but pretty much every other use has better tools.

Edited By Moon-Mage
  • I liked! 1
  • djelectric locked this discussion
This discussion is locked for new replies.
  • Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site