CPU upgrade or triple upgrade or nothing at all? Computer Support - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

CPU upgrade or triple upgrade or nothing at all?

Peter Rabbit

I have an i5-3470 processor

Board P8H77-M LE

Assuming I'm not going to replace the whole trinity,

Is there a used processor from previous generations that I can put in the existing place, on the existing board, and feel a significant improvement? 

The work is usually simple office, no heavy software, the few games I play once every few months if at all they are from previous years in the range up to 3 backwards .. do not anticipate installation of modern games in the future. The GTX 1070 graphics card

Link to content

12 g ddr3

There was a bit of a slowness in the games but no complaining and I haven't played in a long time.

In day-to-day work there is an occasional feeling of being slower than before. Sometimes the CPU gets stuck on something by 90% in what appears to be no real reason ...

Sometimes I lag on the keyboard (it takes a while for the letters to appear on the screen or for a backspace sequence to really take me back) but maybe it's the keyboard itself.

There is no emergency and everything is dragging on but suddenly I am feeling that somehow sometime soon the business will get stuck.

To me it's just a feeling.

I thought that if I could find a more powerful used processor that fits my motherboard, a newer but not really up-to-date generation, maybe this is an opportunity to keep the situation for another two or three years.

Edited By Peter Rabbit
Link to content

Quote of Peter Rabbit

I thought if I could find a more powerful used processor that fits my motherboard

No, you need to replace a trinity.

category PRODUCTS Amount מחיר
Processors Intel i5 10600KF / 1200 Tray 1 ₪ 876
Coolers for processors Arctic Cooling Freezer 34 for Bulk 1 ₪ 128
Motherboards Gigabyte B460M DS3H 1 ₪ 383
Memories Apacer 4 16GB (8Gx2) 3200 Panther Golden w / Heatsink 1 ₪ 305
Total ₪ 1692

https://www.tms.co.il/170351

If you want to upgrade ...

I would not upgrade if the goal is just office work. I would try to find out what the source of the slowness is, if it really bothers me.

The processor you have from 2012 but is equivalent to the processor power of From 2017 more or less.

Do you have Windows 10? Is there a lot of software running in the background?

Try running a test strain to the processor maybe its thermal ointment has dried out and needs to be replaced. Check temperatures to see.

What is the greatness of the ? Need to leave volume available for it to work properly.

Link to content

[Correction: 16 G ddr3]

The thermal ointment was replaced about a year ago

The ssd in 2/3 capacity

Do not want a lot of software in the background. Most of the time I'm with Linux

I will learn how to run stress tests and temperatures but I would love if you could write me what is considered within the norm range in both

Thanks for comparing CPU year it definitely gives me a proportion.

I guess in the end I will leave things as they are and in time I will just upgrade a trinity

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Gaming treats for the weekend

Gaming treats for the weekend

Another free game from the Epic Games Store, free titles to try out from Steam and Ubisoft Connect, fresh game packages on the Humble Bundle website and more are waiting for you inside