US Laptop - Battery and Cable + (Type of) Solution - Page 2 - PC Technical Support - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Laptop from the USA - battery and cable + (type of) solution

Ben gordon

Quote of QttP

Accelerated battery discharge when the computer is off may depend on the settings of other components on the computer and not on the battery itself. For example - if a certain component remains in a state that requires a certain power to support WAKE and the like.

Interesting, what to check and how to do it, to neutralize it?

Link to content

Quote of yoavke

Check how much% he loses in 24 hours.

Charge to 100% Wait a bit, turn off when charged. 

Turn on after 24 hours without a doubt power.

I checked it, nothing.

I charged 100%, turned off, waited 24 hours, turned on, stayed on 100%.

Link to content

Quote of Jabberwock

If the battery is completely discharged, it means the computer has not really turned off!

There may be a problem with the drivers.

The computer was off completely, for sure.

I purchased 2 identical laptops, and from the beginning I noticed that one unloaded much faster than the other (when stored off for several weeks without use).

Link to content

Quote by Ben Gordon

From the beginning I noticed that one unloaded much faster than the other

Okay there is a way to check the battery status. For example in the AIDA64 software you can see real capacity. I would try to check if the manufacturer has similar software that checks.

Link to content

Quote of Jabberwock

Okay there is a way to check the battery status. For example in the AIDA64 software you can see real capacity. I would try to check if the manufacturer has similar software that checks.

Support Representative of Run (with my help) a diagnostic tool through the Of the laptop,

In the diagnostic tool you can check various components, we ran a test on the battery and the result was that the battery was normal.

Link to content

How many times did you charge the battery? I guess if there are not enough charge cycles it is impossible to know the state of the battery.

Therefore completely drain the battery to 0% and immediately charge to 100%. After that check the software again.

If it does not help, send them for testing.

Link to content

Quote of Jabberwock

How many times did you charge the battery? I guess if there are not enough charge cycles it is impossible to know the state of the battery.

Therefore completely drain the battery to 0% and immediately charge to 100%. After that check the software again.

If it does not help, send them for testing.

Before I checked the fault I only charged once or twice,

But according to the recommendation of a technician , I made a 100% charge, a 0% discharge (until the laptop turned off on its own), a 100% charge, a 0% discharge again and a 100% charge.

I will monitor the laptop in the coming days and see if the battery discharges over time and at what rate,

But even if there is a fault, it does not happen all at once, it probably takes at least a week / two weeks for the battery to drop to a level that it will look strange,

but They will not keep the laptop with them for two weeks, but will return it to me after two days and say that everything is fine.

Does it even make sense to send it to HP?

Is there anything I can do myself?

Link to content

Are you bored?

Looking for power issues?

I did not quite understand what exactly the problem was.

If there is a suspicion of a malfunction in the mobile, instead of doing a charging / discharging training

Use it normally and see what happens.

Link to content

Quote of A-10

Are you bored?

Looking for power issues?

I did not quite understand what exactly the problem was.

If there is a suspicion of a malfunction in the mobile, instead of doing a charging / discharging training

Use it normally and see what happens.

In normal use there will be no problem.

Apparently there is a problem when the device stays closed for a long time (compared to its twin laptop, which does not happen with it),

And if this is indeed a problem, I prefer to address it now, with the laptop under warranty.

The question is how to proceed from here, in light of what I wrote in my previous post.

Link to content

You've answered yourself.

It is very doubtful if a problem will be discovered that will need to be replaced.

On the other hand, keep in mind that no laboratory, even the company itself

Does not equate to a manufacturing plant.

I say, that sometimes, the mobile comes back worse than it was sent.

Link to content

Quote of A-10

You've answered yourself.

It is very doubtful if a problem will be discovered that will need to be replaced.

On the other hand, keep in mind that no laboratory, even the company itself

Does not equate to a manufacturing plant.

I say, that sometimes, the mobile comes back worse than it was sent.

So the fact that I got 2 identical laptops, one unloaded at a normal rate and the other much faster (when not in use),

Isn't that critical? Ignore and not take advantage of the warranty to get a faultless laptop?

Link to content

I'm not at all sure there's a glitch (at least from what I understand).

If the battery runs out let’s say after days without using the suspect’s mobile as a malfunction

While on the other mobile it only drops 5 percent of the capacity, so obviously you have a case

Contact - .

If this is not the case as a whole, these after a month there is a discharge of the battery ...

This seems to me more problematic as a case to be resolved by the company \ but it is already at your discretion.

Edited By A-10
Link to content

Quote of A-10

I'm not at all sure there's a glitch (at least from what I understand).

If the battery runs out let’s say after days without using the suspect’s mobile as a malfunction

While on the other mobile it only drops 5 percent of the capacity, so obviously you have a case

Contact - HP.

If this is not the case as a whole, these after a month there is a discharge of the battery ...

This seems to me more problematic as a case to be resolved by the company \ but it is already at your discretion.

2 for new and completely identical laptops purchased at the same time with the same production date (approximately).

Both laptops are 100% charged, I completely turned off both laptops, turned on after about a month,

One laptop dropped to 75% and the other to 0%.

I do not know if a discharge to 0% took a week or a month, I will try to check.

what do you think?

Link to content

• Ben gordon changed the title to Laptop from the USA - battery and cable + (type of) solution

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Gaming treats for the weekend

Gaming treats for the weekend

Another free game from the Epic Games Store, free titles to try out from Steam and Ubisoft Connect, fresh game packages on the Humble Bundle website and more are waiting for you inside