Clearance Sale for Samsung: Storage Drives from the Best Selling Brand at Great Prices, Now on Amazon - Page 2 - Promotions and Discounts - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Clearance sale for Samsung: Storage drives from the best-selling brand at great prices, now on Amazon

yonatan.mendelson

Consider mechanical drives and this SSD are 2 very different types of . This means that even leading companies in one field will not necessarily provide quality products in the second type because after all a hard disk is a production of magnetic plates and heads with mechanical motors while an SSD is chips.
So it depends on what products.
For me personally, drives only drive WD.
In SSD I prefer the .
Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...
Quote of yw1971

On the other hand, mechanical drives are a product of decades, with maximum reliability and often a long deterioration time inSSD Deterioration is sometimes very rapid. Therefore recommend such a small drive, backed up by a large mechanical.

It is impossible to say such a thing in a sweeping way
There are a lot of disappearances here in this equation.
It very much depends on the production process, the quality of the chips, the memory controller, and perhaps most importantly: the amount of writing.
to all (Or more precisely, the chips themselves) have a rating of the amount of writing it is capable of withstanding.
If you sit and write and delete information in a volume of 100% of the drive every day then it should hold a few single years. But in reasonable use (operating system + software) it can happily hold for many years.

By the way, mechanical drives also lose their magnetism over the years and after a period of about 20-25 de-magnetization they go through begins to affect the level of data loss. So even this technology is not without drawbacks.
It all depends on what your use and need is.

drive Which holds reasonable use for 8 years, for most people this will suffice.
Those for whom it is not enough are people who will be aware of it and find an alternative to it.

Link to content

Quote of jackhammer

It is impossible to say such a thing in a sweeping way
There are a lot of disappearances here in this equation.
It very much depends on the production process, the quality of the chips, the memory controller, and perhaps most importantly: the amount of writing.
to all SSD (Or more precisely, the chips themselves) have a rating of the amount of writing it is capable of withstanding.
If you sit and write and delete information in a volume of 100% of the drive every day then it should hold a few single years. But in reasonable use (operating system + software) it can happily hold for many years.

By the way, mechanical drives also lose their magnetism over the years and after a period of about 20-25 de-magnetization they go through begins to affect the level of data loss. So even this technology is not without drawbacks.
It all depends on what your use and need is.

drive SSD Which holds reasonable use for 8 years, for most people this will suffice.
Those for whom it is not enough are people who will be aware of it and find an alternative to it.

Comparisons uploaded to the network between the percentage of faults in the drives Mirrors equal to the mechanical ones, with a tendency for worse results than them.

My personal experience with one (Transcend 64GB from 3 years ago), showed a rapid deterioration within minutes that made such a drive unusable. All the mechanical hards in me that deteriorated, allowed enough time to extract material from them.

It has nothing to do with writing and reading that are known and familiar wear and tear, but rather with failures as a result of heat and failures in the controller: they cannot be predicted, and are more critical. 

Compared to mechanical disks that have been around for decades, provide reliable SMART alerts, faulty sectors and physical read / write problems (usually with audible ticks), which allow information to be extracted (if there is a sensitivity to this, of course - in most bugs SMART testing is not enabled and a pity) Reasonable time.

I prefer a drive that has errors and is still working, than a drive that crashes with the first error.    

Edited By yw1971
missing information
Link to content

I do not know what study you have read and it may be true. But say again, it much depends on the quality of materials and production of the product you buy.

SSD knocked out after only minutes of use? Sounds like a spotty glitch in the product you received or even poor product quality (keep in mind that usually in small volumes, certain things are saved to reach a low price threshold so this is probably the result).

From my experience with drives (Amount of 8-10 on PCs) I have not encountered any unusual problems as you describe.

But again, if you are a user who is aware of the technical limitations of the product you are buying and the information is important enough to you not to lose it then take care of the backup (each one and his preferred way).

Deliberately give up on drives Because they are "unreliable" sounds a bit excessive to me. It is no longer possible to return to Windows mechanically, unable to wait a minute for the ascendant. The computer can not be your bottle neck, which means you can not wait for the computer, that the computer will be waiting for you.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

System Announcements

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site