RX 6800 XT and RX 6800 graphics cards in review: Is Radeon defeating GeForce? - Page 2 - Video Cards - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

RX 6800 XT and RX 6800 graphics cards in review: Is Radeon defeating GeForce?

• תגובות 103
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

Prominent participants in the discussion

Prominent participants in the discussion

Popular responses

I think about devoting time to researching VRAM occupancy, VRAM cashing in modern game engines, and why conventional thinking in terms of VRAM occupancy might be misleading. Not sure it will be particularly popular, but wonder how much is required.

The wait is over - we conducted performance tests in a variety of games for the new AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT and Radeon RX 6800 graphics cards. All numbers here for the article

I'll do it later today

Attached Images

My and Steve's averages from HU came out similar, almost identical in all situations where there is net restoration and not RTRT. There is usually some media discourse before launching such a product to see that everything works out, and this time I was less personally interested in it. Glad to know the results make sense after all this work.

It will be interesting to see the landscape change. From my direction mainly to sit on a hill and watch the hustle and bustle ...

I see myself using such video cards on a daily basis mainly because my games do not use the unique features of . Admittedly, if I were playing DLSS titles, I think right now the advantage just goes to the green side.

To- There is a lot of work to be done in the rear and not just in the front.

Good score - we went from "How the hell Going to compete in this thing at all "to" AMD shows a lot of potential, it knows what needs to be fixed, the next generation will be even more interesting ".

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post
Quote of the captaincaveman

A very impressive achievement. If the jump in the next generation is again of the same magnitude it will already be a completely different opera.

If Will not add dedicated hardware in the next generation to RT capabilities and parallel to tensor cores they will sink again to where they have been in recent years.
NV has already made the necessary leap and "absorbed" the cost in the form of power consumption, this is well evident in the 3000 series. This hurdle still needs to be overcome and that is before Intel joins the celebration.

AMD will have to invest a lot more from now on to stay in the race for the top spot. Once NVs get access to the same advanced 7NM manufacturing technology the gap will grow again in their favor with quite certainty.

Quote of omertgm

NV has already made the necessary leap and "absorbed" the cost in the form of power consumption

Not because they switched to Samsung? ????

B- Already ready with 5nm.

By the way, something interesting from HW's video:

SAM.thumb.png.d08083f0f12be9e1c0aeb4ae5503a293.png

Something special is happening in this game specifically with SAM.

Quote of huber

Moon-Mage - Take a look at Hardware Unboxed and see that this is not entirely true.

I saw the whole review and it's very true, the 3080 wins in almost every possible game in 4K and it's without DLSS with which of course the 6800 XT has no chance and it's even worse if you use RT which also crashes the RX 6800XT.
The 6800 XT card is perfectly fine for FHD and 1440P if you do not want any special feature like the Noise cancellation of Noydia or RT and DLSS (which may or may not be for AMD in this generation), but I personally would recommend the 3080 for 4K or for games with DLSS and RT.

(Everything is of course completely theoretical because you can not buy any of these tickets anyway)

Edited By Moon-Mage

And I do not recommend at all to buy today at 2021 a ticket at a top price with only 8 or 10GB of memory,

Unless you buy with zero understanding of computers software code and their development over time.

Wait for the 3080ti with inhaled 20GB, or at least 12GB ... one of the two.

The main thing is not to get stuck too fast with an overpriced door stop.

Edited By nec_000
Quote of nec_000

And I do not recommend at all to buy today at 2021 a ticket at a top price with only 8 or 10GB of memory,

Unless you buy with zero understanding of computers software code and their development over time.

Wait for the 3080ti with inhaled 20GB, or at least 12GB ... one of the two.

The main thing is not to get stuck too fast with an overpriced door stop.

What is the effect of memory on FPS? Za How much will the FPS hurt when the memory runs out?

It seems to me that without these numbers your statements are completely in the air.

My statements are not only not in the air, but are computer science par excellence. 

As soon as the memory machine runs out it goes down to the swap page.

Perform a simulation for self-impression, exceed the amount of memory you have in a video card, say 2GB as an example,

Bounce the performance and keep an eye on stuttering that occurs from time to time as the title loads textures

In the background, when not in VRAM. The so-called page swap in front of the General of the computer and you will get

A good answer to your question. 

As you exceed the required amount of memory the stuttering will get worse. 

Today's fresh titles at 21, the newest, want to see around 10GB and even above that value, as the latest amount of memory

To the card the top stimulus In maximum graphical settings. It will get worse as time goes on. It will not be long before they want to move

For 12GB, certainly when there are 16GB cards on the market as standard already.

Edited By nec_000
Disagree with anyone who says ray tracing is unnecessary. Every game that comes out now comes out with support for it because the consoles promote it like it's the next thing. To remind you, the consoles are all working on . Even in games right now, the second you turn on ray tracing, the console barely ran 30 frames. We're going to see this performance-crushing feature in every game. AMD does not care, because my husband Love a 30FPS "cinematic" experience. Players Who want to take advantage of their 144hz screen, have them successfully play Minecraft At 12 frames per second ...
Quote of nec_000

My statements are not only not in the air, but are computer science par excellence. 

As soon as the memory machine runs out it goes down to the swap page.

Perform a simulation for self-impression, exceed the memory beats you have on a video card, say 2GB as an example,

Bounce the performance and keep an eye on stuttering that occurs from time to time as the title loads textures

In the background, when not in VRAM. The so-called page swap in front of the RAM General of the computer and you will get

A good answer to your question. 

As you exceed the required amount of memory the stuttering will get worse. 

Today's fresh titles at 21, the newest, want to see around 10GB and even above that value, as an up-to-date memory amount

To the card the top stimulus 4k In maximum graphical settings. It will get worse as time goes on. It will not be long before they want to move

For 12GB, certainly when there are 16GB cards on the market as standard already.

I know the theory at least as well as you do. Get out of the premise that what you know in the field, I know too.

I ask if you have seen benches that show the effect of it, or is it all a theory (again, does not mean that it will not turn out to be true when tested, but as long as it is not tested ...)

In this field we have sat and engaged extensively in developments to understand the implication of an anomaly. We understood that it is better to do everything in order not to exceed

Because there is a noticeable (and measurable) punishment as well. There are tricks that you sync that switch textures between VRAM and (To increase the

The texture bank is available outside the VRAM limits) to be done at pre-scheduled charging points with planned intent, such as transition

Entry and exit stage, places where the stutter is not noticeable or does not really interfere.

The need to use these methods is just in case you as a developer quite intentionally plan your product to work this way, in practice not

Use it. Over time they realized that it is better to plan the volume of the textures to fit the available VRAM size, the simplest and most secure

And does not require excessive effort or punishment for the user.

A doom title from id software that I consider to be the No. 1 developer in the world in the field of performance , In its fresh title

doom ethernal makes sure that you as a user do not exceed the assignment. It does not want the user to experience a performance injury. If

Try to set a setting that exceeds it will stop you and will not apply, but will give the user an alert to change settings to those since

Enter the booster VRAM limit. Good developers work this way and do not give the user the flexibility to make mistakes.

Edited By nec_000
Quote of Jabberwock

Not because they switched to Samsung? ????

B-TSMC Already ready with 5nm.

This too, NV currently ran with 2 weights on his back that Still not loaded:
1- RT and DLSS capabilities in dedicated hardware.

2- Suboptimal production process of In the ratio of the polished 7NM of . Not talking about 5NM at all. 
I estimate that within half a year NV will start talking about the "refresh" of the amp on 7NM improved AKA SUPER versions.

On the other hand, NV has the exclusive access to DDR6X memory and it gives them a back wind that has no (And probably will not either ..).

By the way, in front of the software / driver it seems that this time too Dealing with unpleasant problems (severe frequency drops in CONTROL). Accumulation of such problems can completely tip the (balanced) spoon if they do not address it in the coming month, and preferably faster.

Quote of Moon-Mage

From what I've seen the new tickets for AMD Really not suitable for 4K and give worse performance in almost all games.
If it was really possible to get an RX 6800XT for $ 650 it might have been really relevant, but in a world where none of the cards can be obtained and MSRP does not matter I do not see why anyone would buy AMD If he can buy Noydia and get similar performance in most titles and significantly better performance with RT and DLSS.

agree. What will determine the success of this or that product is the availability to the end consumer.
The company that manages to stock up and put a ticket on every shelf in every store is the one that will establish its success in this round.
This situation is due to the relative balance between the products from the 2 companies at the top end, something that has not been seen for many years.

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon Prime Day 2021 Operational Concentration: Equal Computers for Every Demander

Amazon Prime Day 2021 Operational Concentration: Equal Computers for Every Demander

Two days of non-stop shopping are in full swing, and we continue to concentrate on the best deals for you. There is no shortage of moments, that's for sure. There are a little more than 24 hours left until the end of the international discount project from Amazon, which definitely managed to surprise us for good in its diversity and generosity, so here is another list of very hot recommendations that you should not miss. Want to make a dream come true and upgrade to an OLED screen not only on a smartphone but also on a mobile? This deal from Asus is probably the best opportunity to date for the move. A luxurious ZenBook Flip 13 hybrid model with an OLED touch panel with 1080p resolution, which enjoys 100 percent coverage of all colors in the DCI-P3 standard and has ...