RX 6800 XT and RX 6800 graphics cards in review: Is Radeon defeating GeForce? - Page 3 - Video Cards - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

RX 6800 XT and RX 6800 graphics cards in review: Is Radeon defeating GeForce?

• תגובות 103
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

Prominent participants in the discussion

Prominent participants in the discussion

Popular responses

I think about devoting time to researching VRAM occupancy, VRAM cashing in modern game engines, and why conventional thinking in terms of VRAM occupancy might be misleading. Not sure it will be particularly popular, but wonder how much is required.

The wait is over - we conducted performance tests in a variety of games for the new AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT and Radeon RX 6800 graphics cards. All numbers here for the article

I'll do it later today

Attached Images

Quote of omertgm

I understand NV invested in their development and it gave them exclusivity, the only manufacturer of DDR6X is Micron.

interesting.

But I was still not convinced why Navidia preferred me .

RayTracing does not really interest me if it reduces performance.

Playing mostly Multiplayer, so the more FPS the better and the cost-benefit of Looks taller

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post
Quote of Jabberwock

interesting.

But I was still not convinced why Navidia preferred me AMD.

Playing mostly Multiplayer, so the more FPS the better and the cost-benefit of AMD Looks taller

The 3070 still has the best cost-benefit ratio in this generation.
DLSS gives you a crazy boost to performance on supporting titles, if you need any feature of So even there only Nodia has ready-made tools.
And the "cost benefit" is not really relevant if there is no connection between the MSRP and the price you will have to pay to get a ticket.

Quote of Jabberwock

interesting.

But I was still not convinced why Navidia preferred me AMD.

Playing mostly Multiplayer, so the more FPS the better and the cost-benefit of AMD Looks taller

I did not try to convince that NV is better in any situation.
If RT is not interesting and will not interest you then as I wrote earlier, They are a very good choice and probably better at this (theoretical => non-existent inventory) stage in the high segment.

Quote of nec_000

8 or 10 GB cards are not available today. There are titles back 4k Full settings exceed these volumes. From 8GB mostly. The new dom for example.

Talking in the air again. The performance tests show that 10 / 8GB is enough today.

Why does it matter to someone if theoretically a few frames are left behind if in the bottom line he sees more frames than with the competing product?

I'm not an expert on how to write computer games, but a lot of software works on the principle of It's available Wasted and much more catchy Than they need. Simply because there is no reason to run a garbage collector if a lack of free memory is not detected.

So it could very well be that if a game recognizes that there is not enough Available, it will just be a little more efficient with management His (with minimal impact on performance) instead of immediately start using a swap page (which of course will cause a significant slowdown) ..

Edited By TheCrow34
Quote of Moon-Mage

Leave you, he is in his own world and the facts do not interest him.
Ampere performs significantly better scaling in 4K and will continue with its unrelated mantra.

You are a cheeky and childish person.

The fact that you do not tend to study (as usual) and remain ignorant, is already your choice.

Read on, you may learn something about the reason for the difference in power linearity between RDNA and Instead of trying and downsizing

Members of a forum in poor language of stupid teenagers: "The facts do not interest me Alek."

Thanks to a member of the nec forum now you too have an idea why the phenomenon occurs:

Copy text To save click on the link:

"A phenomenon that can be immediately noticed is exactly what we anticipated, the 3000 series in the current round puts a lot of emphasis on resetization,

Without a powerful upgrade to the geometry layer. The result is that the performance is excellent at 4k But not good at low resolution.

Here we see the difference in design, that the RX6000 series makes a mix that is more geometry and less reset. Therefore we are expected

Get a situation where at lower resolutions the RX6000's hand will be on top, and at higher resolutions = 4k, Hand of

Series 3000 will be on top.

And this is already directing the various buyers to direct themselves to the series that suits them, according to the type of screen they intend to work with

With the purchased graphics accelerator. It is likely that- AMD Chose to give a more optimized answer to the resolutions that dominate the market. After all, a little

Strongly agree, less than 1% are 4k, Around 10% maybe a little more for 1440P, with the vast majority of the market, above

80%, still at 1080P (and below).

AMD is targeting a mass that dominates the market for monitors. Makes sense and can be understood. They want to optimize the product for a wide audience

as much as possible. Nodia thinks ahead to the future and looks to the horizon, trying to find a product that will fit the resolutions of the future.

And also makes sense. Each from his own point of view. There is no right or wrong here, there is an adjustment here according to the type of use. 

amount:

Consumers 4k Will check performance in And will make the comparison. There will be a tendency in favor of nudia.

1080P consumers will check performance at their resolution and make the comparison, there will be a tendency in favor AMD.

I have no doubt that this will be the conclusion of the reviewers as well, at least the intelligent ones among them, who will immediately understand what is seen from these graphs, 

Because it is contrasting and clear. And the truth is that it's good for us community, because for the first time all the products will be worthwhile, each for the scenario

User specific. Because then the competition will be stronger and attracts (later) stubborn competition for prices.

We had a good round this season, I love it. "

Edited By nec_000
Quote by TheCrow34

I'm not an expert on how to write computer games, but a lot of software works on the principle of RAM It's available RAM Wasted and much more catchy זיכרון Than they need. Simply because there is no reason to run a garbage collector if a lack of free memory is not detected.

So it could very well be that if a game recognizes that there is not enough זיכרון Available, it will just be a little more efficient with management זיכרון His (with minimal impact on performance) instead of immediately start using a swap page (which of course will cause a significant slowdown) ..

The explanation you gave is correct for writing code for CPU, but is not relevant to storage In VRAM of video card.

In a video card, the vast majority of VRAM is intended for storing the textures, in order to enable the pixel drawing component.

Achieve enough feed per unit of time that if the pixels require reading from the The slow of the computer, the graphics processor will remain hungry

And the graphic power dropped to the floor.

The minority of memory volume is required, for the geometric information (vectors), as well as for intermediate calculations in the process (those between the various stages)

And the other minority for the maintenance of the frame buffer as the place of writing of the output in the process of building the image.

There is no method of consumption VRAM type on top of a screen accelerator, storage of unnecessary components, this is not the running code of the process.

As explained above the vast majority of memory is in any case the raw material for drawing the image that these are the textures.

In displaying the VRAM memory consumption data, this is 100% of the memory consumed to create the image and there is no unnecessary information in its name.

For the sake of interest below is an article I wrote on the subject VRAM, I would recommend reading it to complete your understanding of the subject.

There are also the talkbacks that developed afterwards and it is important to go over them, including expanding the feedback on the questions of the participants in the discussion:

https://hwzone.co.il/community/topic/600884-פריצת-דרך-בעולם-ההאצה-הגראפית-cache/

Edited By nec_000
Quote by af db creid

Why does AMD not have access to DDR6X?

Completely temporary. Will be available to everyone is in a proper process.

Which by the way is not that interesting in looking ahead to the field, since once a cache implementation was invented in graphic work,

VRAM memory bandwidth becomes weaker in importance, while cache is actually bandwidth

Effective in the computational process that the graphics processor is working on. This will greatly help the graphic accelerator manufacturers

In the breach of the glass ceiling of the bandwidth. Performed now, and Nvidia and Intel will perform immediately after.

Edited By nec_000
Quote of the captaincaveman

Talking in the air again. The performance tests show that 10 / 8GB is enough today.

Why does it matter to someone if theoretically a few frames are left behind if in the bottom line he sees more frames than with the competing product?

This is not true.

Performance tests clearly show that where memory consumption begins to trickle down from VRAM volume, performance begins to decline.

In particular, min frames are damaged because a lack of VRAM memory leads to a change of textures with the Once in a while,

This can happen once every 10 seconds even, only when you need to render a texture that is not currently available, and in those cases of transient

Against , Visual falls are created in the process, while the graphic core waits for the transition process to end in order to continue

In her work.

In such a case the average FPS is also affected naturally, but not to the same extent of course, as is affected by my frame rate

Which leads to short blasts until the end of the interception. A phenomenon known in English as a stutter. 

If we have one every few seconds a fall, this is very noticeable in the user experience as is well known. But on the other hand if we only look at the average

FPS as a measure of the issue, the vulnerability of Individual every few seconds out of tens of thousands , Lower the average slightly

Too much and it will be difficult to tap into it about the real problem felt in a user experience.

Therefore one should be careful of what is tapped from average FPS as a whole in this area, and in the particular case in question all the more so.

Another question "Why is it interesting if it brings more frames than the competing product?"

But in this case it also does not hold, since 6800 provides more frames than 3070 anyway.

That means it also only has 8GB , And also slower than 6800 and not the other way around.

Edited By nec_000

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon Prime Day 2021 Operational Concentration: Equal Computers for Every Demander

Amazon Prime Day 2021 Operational Concentration: Equal Computers for Every Demander

Two days of non-stop shopping are in full swing, and we continue to concentrate on the best deals for you. There is no shortage of moments, that's for sure. There are a little more than 24 hours left until the end of the international discount project from Amazon, which definitely managed to surprise us for good in its diversity and generosity, so here is another list of very hot recommendations that you should not miss. Want to make a dream come true and upgrade to an OLED screen not only on a smartphone but also on a mobile? This deal from Asus is probably the best opportunity to date for the move. A luxurious ZenBook Flip 13 hybrid model with an OLED touch panel with 1080p resolution, which enjoys 100 percent coverage of all colors in the DCI-P3 standard and has ...