Purchase a mobile from eBay and taxes over $ 1000. Advice Before Buying A Computer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Purchase a mobile from eBay and taxes over $ 1000.

okinawa

I found a good deal on Ligen 5 here 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Legion-5-144Hz-Ryzen-7-4800H-16GB-256GB-SSD-GTX-1660-Ti-Microsoft-365/124428555365

The seller with recommendations in the sky and already sold 39 pieces of this deal.

The computer itself does not cross the $ 1000 mark (and here the question is, what is the procedure if I cross the 1000 mark ?, how much do you pay and to whom?) Compared to Amazon where the price jumps by another $ 200-300.

The computer is sold as part of eBay's Global Shipping Program, so it's a full price including customs and shipping:

Item (1)
US $ 919.99
Shipping to 67224
US $ 55.97
Import charges
US $ 193.66

Subtotal
US $ 1,169.62

I've never bought anything of this size from eBay but the deal just winks at me, I usually buy electronics from Amazon or Niue but after I was badly burned with Amazon and shipping of That never came I consider my steps in everything that concerns them.

What do they say?

Link to content

There is no special procedure when you go through the $ 1000, what is written is what you are expected to pay. I have it listed that the price is $ 1,019.99 and keep in mind that you will not have any warranty on the computer.

My experience says that with Amazon the chance of problems is smaller than with Ivy but also from Ivy I bought computers and equipment without any problem.

Edited By etal
Link to content

Quote of WereBunny

I also saw this deal and unfortunately it raised the price by a hundred dollars ...

It did raise the price but I saw both yesterday and today more similar deals from Top Rated sellers.

They are kidnapped at these prices so should have a hand on the pulse.

In short, if I order over $ 1000, there will be no problems entering the country or what additional requirement for the payment of a customs broker / computer fee or such a cruise?

Link to content

Quote from okinawa

It did raise the price but I saw both yesterday and today more similar deals from Top Rated sellers.

They are kidnapped at these prices so should have a hand on the pulse.

In short, if I order over $ 1000, there will be no problems entering the country or what additional requirement for the payment of a customs broker / computer fee or such a cruise?

It depends on the shipping companies, a large part of the shipping companies will take you more commissions generously and as far as they can imagine and without you being able to know in advance what exactly you will have to pay. 

Link to content

Quote of Moon-Mage

It depends on the shipping companies, a large part of the shipping companies will take you more commissions generously and as far as they can imagine and without you being able to know in advance what exactly you will have to pay. 

Moon-Mage

Please be precise, release over $ 1000 in the country This is a different procedure - all the companies put only the release fee in their pockets - the rest goes to the state and the other parties (port-aviation authority-customs, etc.) 

Also, the companies that collect / think in advance about the taxes in the country include the release fee and any other expense that the invoice of the shipping company will charge to - And it comes out cheaper due to the great commercial power of these companies.

By the way, the deposit of the money required for release should not be considered as a value for taxes.

Link to content

As long as eBay / Amazon charge in advance for the taxes there is no longer any payment that should "surprise" the buyer, right?

Went out to buy even less because he buys from these stores - according to the reasons I listed.

Are you talking about shipping companies that ship products from the US to the country when the original network does not ship?

True - also the transport will come out more expensive - and now in particular.

Link to content

So I made a leap of faith and ordered a June 5 from eBay at a price of 1275 Canadian dollars / 3270 shekels / 998 US dollars.

That was the link, A second hand computer but no signs of use, in addition it has only come out in the last six months ALT so I'm pretty optimistic.

Given the condition of the mobiles in Israel and the high prices from abroad, what do you think about this purchase? Too optimistic or a good deal?

In addition, on a more technical issue, since the computer is second-hand and not really a new product, may I not have to pay tax on entering the country?

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site