Recommendation for Streamer as a Media Center - Audio and Home Theater - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Recommendation to Streamer as a Media Center

bluenote

Hi,

So my favorite popcorn c200 is gone, and I'm looking for a new streamer.

Since I am not one of those people who replaces every device every year, it is important for me to have relatively advanced data like support for 5, Support for new audio / video formats, port 2.1 (is there anything newer?) Etc.

I need it mainly to stream movies I have on my computer on the network, of course it would be convenient if it would be possible to install Netflix and an app on it , But not critical.

I will be happy to receive recommendations.

Thanks

Link to content

In my opinion one of the best devices today is the MINIX U22-XJ

It does not have BT 5.0. But this is actually a really less relevant function. You can find it in Chinese devices but these are very relatively unreliable and have almost no updates or support.

In terms of format support - it supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision and more.

Overall works great.

Link to content

The main problem with Netflix is ​​that on unofficial devices it only puts out 540p and is not ready to broadcast in HD or . There are Chinese devices here and there that try to get around the restrictions but my impression is that it is usually blocked at some point.

Link to content

Quote of etal

The main problem with Netflix is ​​that on unofficial devices it only puts out 540p and is not ready to broadcast in HD or 4k. There are Chinese devices here and there that try to get around the restrictions but my impression is that it is usually blocked at some point.

If that's important, then you can go for it SHIELD - A neighbor device approved by NETFLIX

Link to content

Hi, thanks for the answers, Suri for the delay ...

As for the Minix Neo U22-XJ, is it really making issues with Netflix in terms of viewing quality and Hebrew translation availability? Is it possible to install a About him? Should only code be used to stream movies from a home computer on the network? Other understandable? Isn't it worth investing a little more and buying their MiniPC and then installing what you want on it?

Link to content

Quote of bluenote

Hi, thanks for the answers, Suri for the delay ...

As for the Minix Neo U22-XJ, is it really making issues with Netflix in terms of viewing quality and Hebrew translation availability? Is it possible to install a Cellcom About him? Should only code be used to stream movies from a home computer on the network? Apps Other understandable? Isn't it worth investing a little more and buying their MiniPC and then installing what you want on it?

Do not know about the Cellcom app. As for Netflix like I said if it's important then it's better for you SHIELD which is a device with certification and will work at maximum resolution. For streaming computers from a home computer on the network the best codes. But there are other options like PLEX.

As for using the MINIPC - it will work, but it's a computer And should be updated regularly

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site