NVIDIA will no longer work with Hardware Unboxed - Page 3 - Video Cards - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

NVIDIA will no longer work with Hardware Unboxed

huber

This is not negative PR. It's just a marginal noise on the internet that sounds loud to you because you'm stuck in the echo chamber. 

These negative PR Which are burned on the right and left. Negative PR is a company that does not respect responsibility. Negative PR is what Microsoft had in the 2000s when they took out broken products on the right and left and created for themselves an image of a gray monopoly with boring products that do not work properly. 

There is no resemblance to. The products that this company puts out are a bomb. Is at the forefront of its field. AMD, despite the big leap it made with the 6800 XT, is still not close to In terms of polishing and package integrity. Do you buy a 6800XT that barely moves when you run ray tracing instead of a 3080 that costs the same just because they hurt some YouTuber's feelings?

Edited By lev-27
Link to content

99% of people did not know at all about what happened.

And as Lev said they need the More than Need them.

Every day there are people trying to set up channels of technology coverage, so that even in case all the current stars decide to boycott the , They can send a ticket to a new channel and within a few hours it will have tens or not hundreds of thousands of followers, on the day of the ticket release.

And when to Has the best product on the market, so there is nothing to do she does not count a lot of people.

Edited By k534d
Link to content

lev,

You order 3080 which does not have enough volume , Which in a moment will require the purchase of a new video card with 16GB or more?

Symmetrical question to your question ...

By the way, as a professional who understands the field, I am not interested in RT at all in gaming. Not today.

At the moment it is delicate in diapers and has a completely secondary and marginal contribution to the play experience.

Unlike my films That name is a must and that is why it has always been in them.

In my estimation, two more generations will pass in the field until ray tracing becomes meaningful in gaming.

Meet in 2024 ...

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of k534d

And when to NVIDIA Has the best product on the market, so there is nothing to do she does not count a lot of people.

I loved the claim that they have the best product on the market. What was charged may have been true in the past, not anymore - as of December 2020.

Very many consumers vote for wallets accordingly.

Except for better capabilities in ray tracing which is still a very small niche in the field if not marginal and secondary,

And perhaps a (slight) advantage in resolution In all other respects, the advantage passed to the other side:

Which gives more performance in 1440P and in general in 1080P, has better energy efficiency, and a better price in the cost equation

Benefit as well as proper durability in favor of continuation thanks to volume Large 16GB.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

k534d,

Exactly, as I wrote, it is your opinion that they are the preferred product, and mine is the opposite of yours. It is therefore debatable.

At the same time the opinion of quite a few reviewers in the industry, whether to rely on them?

Is that Today leads in places that are more practically important to the user.

And therefore "in the totality" of the picture, in the average of all the sections all together, She is today the king of the field.

I will add, that if Nuydia continues the path it demonstrated this week in front of hardwareunboxed, in an attempt to escape from a reality they have entered

To her in the competition, at Work quietly and modestly as they have in recent years led by Lisa, then in the next round

There will be no more people left who think that video is better than GPU in something. Because whoever spends his time on nonsense instead of working,

A find that deteriorates backwards.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of nec_000

lev,

You order 3080 which does not have enough volume memory, Which in a moment will require the purchase of a new video card with 16GB or more?

Symmetrical question to your question ...

By the way, as a professional who understands the field, I am not interested in RT at all in gaming. Not today.

At the moment it is delicate in diapers and has a completely secondary and marginal contribution to the play experience.

Unlike my films Theater That name is a must and that is why it has always been in them.

In my estimation, two more generations will pass in the field until ray tracing becomes meaningful in gaming.

Meet in 2024 ...

Yes and no. I agree that ray tracing is in its infancy and it will be several more years before the technology becomes significant in the gaming world. But when Pricing their card at $ 650 and AMD pricing their card at $ 650 I will choose at Because they give me a more mature package in relation to money. It's not only ray tracing but also DLSS that Answer. Better and better support from game developers. 

If Would have priced their ticket at $ 100-150 less the picture would have changed, but that is not the case. 

I'm not talking at all about Have been out of the game in the High-End category for the past 7 years ... 

Edited By lev-27
Link to content

First of all it is not $ 650 but $ 700. Only 6800XT is the one that costs $ 650.

Not that you can get any of them today at such a price or close to it.

Secondly, I do not agree that their package is more complete in relation to money,

I think their package is more empty in relation to the price because of the severe problem of volume .

Third, DLSS is applied in a number of titles that can be counted on one hand, beyond which none of them interest me at all.

On the other hand the solution of Found beyond the round, first version coming out in January.

Its crucial advantage is that it will be That works on everything and does not depend on a specific title.

They perform a generic upscale, so the image in this aspect will pass in favor at all .

Link to content

Quote of nec_000

The solution of AMD Found beyond the round, first version coming out in January.

Its crucial advantage is that it will be Technology That works on everything and does not depend on a specific title.

They perform a generic upscale, so the image in this aspect will pass in favor at all AMD.

Unfortunately, based on past experience, I do not believe the programming statements of .

Link to content

Making an upscale is something that is easy to implement, and does not need to invent the wheel.

Upscale algorithms have every upscaler on TV or , And exist in the field I programmed ...

This involves applying something existing effectively to existing hardware in the product. Not too special a challenge, in my opinion / appreciation.

Which is why I'm actually very optimistic.

Link to content

Quote of nec_000

Making an upscale is something that is easy to implement, and does not need to invent the wheel.

Upscale algorithms have every upscaler on TV or projector, And exist in the field עיבוד תמונה I programmed ...

This involves applying something existing effectively to existing hardware in the product. Not too special a challenge, in my opinion / appreciation.

Which is why I'm actually very optimistic.

It is conceptually easy, but it still requires processing power.

And to make it effective it is not simple.

At the moment AMD does not have it, they may have it in the future and it may even work better than the solution of But right now they do not and that is something that every consumer should take into account.

Link to content

Quote of nec_000

First of all it is not $ 650 but $ 700. Only 6800XT is the one that costs $ 650.

Not that you can get any of them today at such a price or close to it.

known. That's why I'm not in the market. I will wait half a year - a year for prices to balance. 

a quote

Secondly, I do not agree that their package is more complete in relation to money,

I think their package is more empty in relation to the price because of the severe problem of volume memory.

Do not agree, but your right. 

a quote

Third, DLSS is applied in a number of titles that can be counted on one hand, beyond which none of them interest me at all.

On the other hand the solution of AMD Found beyond the round, first version coming out in January.

Its crucial advantage is that it will be Technology That works on everything and does not depend on a specific title.

They perform a generic upscale, so the image in this aspect will pass in favor at all AMD.

Next generation of unexpected video cards before 2022-2023, agree? Beautiful. Personally, I prefer to buy a video card that can run Ray Tracing and DLSS today even if it is a limited number of titles over a video card that has no such capability at all especially considering that the price difference between the two cards is a total of $ 50. If there was a suppose gap of $ 150 in favor That's another story. 

Edited By lev-27
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site