NVIDIA will no longer work with Hardware Unboxed - Page 8 - Video Cards - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

NVIDIA will no longer work with Hardware Unboxed

huber

Quote of Jabberwock

I watched the video. It was hard to know which of the options with RT but I was right.

I can live without RT if in return I get another FPS

It's worse for me,

I can live without RT in computer games even without getting any consideration, not even another FPS. Because it's a function done without

interesting. I just came to know (today) that even titles that are considered to be the most quality and massive users of RT capabilities, there is really no

Perceived or significant return on the game. Moreover, do not even pay attention (if not really looking for constraint).

And soothing until it does not look like a dramatic improvement, in a real game - that exists in the market (not a boiled demo of a movie that I learned today that it is

Misleading) but such a game that one should not look in tassels in order to diagnose lighting that is calculated differently, when it will be clear as well

For an 80-year-old visually impaired grandmother, I quite understand that the function is not really relevant.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Well well, in RT no man can notice, but in the effect of DLSS on the image your sharp and professional eye can notice so you have no interest in both this and that gimmick. But not 16GB, because 16GB we will need in some mythological game for another 4 years in 4K SUPER ULTRA with RT when the 6900 XT will push you 20FPS under pressure anyway.

This is really a fruitless discussion.

Link to content

Quote of zone glide

Walla? Are you sure they are not going to launch a new generation this year? 

And what about processors other than Intel? Is there a chance we'll see DDR5 this year?

Maybe you meant the series graphic cards New .. and maybe this year the SUPER or TI models will actually be released.

While-AMD Maybe a new series will come out yes this year.

Indeed for sure. Nodia does not spend a multi-billion dollar design just to throw it in the trash so fast otherwise investors will see it out the door.

As for processors, in the upcoming Q1 2021 it's Otto coming out 11th generation of Intel which is supposed to give a certain answer to the 5000 series of .

There may even be a good answer. It is not yet known what its nature really is, so we have to wait for performance measurements on the subject, or at least for first leaks.

That probably Otto will see them.

DDR5 apparently does not appear before the next generation Risen 6000 (at the earliest). It is not expected before Q1 2022 as it is at the moment Report.

Nodia cards whether they are ti or super are not a new generation but more current generation models with intermediate specifications between existing cards.

Regarding graphic accelerators, She also said that the principal expectation to see RDNA3 is together with Risen 6000, in Q1 2022.

Everything at the general level of speech, not at the level of promise. The issue is very fluid at this point because the date is still far away and depends on a lot of parameters including availability
Lithograph of And more.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of ch33

Well well, in RT no man can notice, but in the effect of DLSS on the image your sharp and professional eye can notice so you have no interest in both this and that gimmick. But not 16GB, because 16GB we will need in some mythological game for another 4 years in 4K SUPER ULTRA with RT when the 6900 XT will push you 20FPS under pressure anyway.

This is really a fruitless discussion.

This is not really a fruitless discussion, it is an enlightening and educated supervisor discussion. And it pertains to any consumer looking for a graphic accelerator

And in the plethora the market pompom sometimes loses focus and needs to be helped and directed to differentiate between bland and essential.

Dozens if not over 100 forum users read it here. Not everyone writes actively.

There is no obligation to attend for those who do not want to. And everyone in his pocket will do and buy as he pleases about it there is no arguing.

Back to the matter and claims you raised:

Ray tracing capabilities in cinema Everyone notices immediately, and easily. My 96-year-old grandmother too. You too.

This is something completely different from CGI and the method by which gaming works.

On the other hand, Brandor plays ** at the technological level of today **, when you as a player are generally focused on the game And not in pixels,

It is very difficult to distinguish. We got a really impressive and fresh demo a few posts up in the thread, watch it.

Learn firsthand. Not that it would be difficult to find more examples, I remember doing so on additional titles

Last year as And more, and remember that even their name said, that the effect on the border is indistinguishable while playing.

now,

Even when you do notice what it is RT and what is traditional lighting, the change / improvement - they can be measured in promilles but

really. Something dwarfed by the noise and fireworks cheering that tried to convince us he would do in the beginning and so would I. 

The truth turns out I was deceived. You can read my impressions from 2018 and see what I wrote then and what my level of enthusiasm was.

As for DLSS, let's change the name and branding so that it does not dazzle us, because Noida has definitely dazzled:

Called the super sampling function which means the upscaling and sharpening method. That way it is more correct to call the function

This one. And yes, I'm not excited because it's not something that changes world orders. Do and have done it for years and you can do it with

Your current card, using a lower level rendering than the screen is capable of, but taking out a resolution image

its native and activate sharpening. * Read about it online guides. Steve's partner at HU did an entire episode about it.

And so it does not impress me. And not interesting, because I'm spoiled, I'm already used to it, do not want artifacts in the picture, but to get the

Her clean render. Since the upscale & sharpening process damages the image and for those who have a sensitive eye for artifacts (from all

The types) This is a nuisance. Due to that it still works on 1080P - because it knows how to evaluate the quality and cleanliness of the frame.
** Not everyone is equally sensitive, it is mainly a matter of climatrage in CGI frame analysis that leads to this hypersensitivity

For artifacts.

As for 16GB it does not need today, here we are in agreement, but again you miss the point and I will repeat it

As much as it takes and until he gets to the top: it does need to come in 2021 (and certainly on the 22nd And to you).

I don’t buy a video card for one season, for summer like a swimsuit, and then throw it away the next winter when it shrinks in the laundry and doesn’t cost me more.

And this is what I recommended to consumers in our field. It is very difficult for me to get a recommendation to purchase a card with only 8 / 10GB Priced at $ 500-700

(More in the direction of $ 1000 in practice) for such a short period - until it needs to be replaced again. This is an attitude that indicates stupidity

(Do not want to be more pronounced). And when I encounter stupidity, I do not shy away or back away from it - but put a sharp and clear spotlight on it.

Whoever pours so much money on a premium product, on a Mercedes, should get a Mercedes. And Mercedes is not a one-time product

But a product for a proper period. And whoever lays his head in the sand and gives Achitophel advice to consumers on how to spend their money, will get

From writing these lines a proper contra and accordingly. Because it bothers me. I really morally care what recommendations readers get.

It's money obtained in great sweat.

now,

Once it has been proven that there is no functional advantage at the practical level in the field, in the ray tracing capabilities of the 3000 series, that RT is negligible

So absurd from a diagnostic point of view, and from the same DLSS capabilities will be what we will have readily available Otto in the second product

Also, and since the competing product holds on the other hand 16GB since it is given a breathing space for 3 years ahead as required and expected

From a product in the field, which is also cheaper by a few dollars, and has better performance at such a resolution that is actually used more 

(Below 4K), a virtually inevitable situation has arisen, that in the current generation the 6000 series is superior in terms of all around.

On the other hand and I do not ignore, except for a few who work in 4K 3000 series is preferable, with reservations, to wait for models with

enough = 12GB or 20GB, which were probably released in January. And this is my recommendation that is suitable for any type of customer, everything

Based on purely resolution. To- Series 3000, below that series 6000. How simple and how true.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of nec_000

This is not really a fruitless discussion, this is an enlightening and educated supervisor discussion. And read it here dozens if not over 100 forum users.

Not everyone writes actively.

And there is no obligation to participate for those who do not want to.

Back to the matter and claims you raised:

Ray tracing capabilities in cinema Everyone notices immediately, and easily. My 96-year-old grandmother is also there.

This is something completely different from CGI and the gaming method.

On the other hand, Brandor plays ** at the technological level of today **, when you as a player are focused on the game And not in pixels, Very difficult to distinguish.

We got an impressive demo a few posts earlier, watch it. You will learn firsthand.

now,

Even when you do understand what RT is and what traditional lighting is, the change / improvement - you can measure them in promilles but really.

Something dwarfed by the noise and fireworks cheers that tried to convince us he would do. 

Regarding DLSS where we will change the name and branding so that it does not dazzle us because Noida has definitely dazzled:

Called the super sampling function which means the upscaling and sharpening method. That's more correct to call this function.

And yes, I'm not excited because it's not something that changes world orders. Do and have done it for years and you can do it with your current card,

Using a lower-level rendering than the screen is capable of but taking out its native resolution image and enabled sharpening.

* Read about it online guides.

And so it does not impress me. And not interesting either, because I'm spoiled, I'm already used to it, do not want artifacts in the picture, but to get its clean render.

Since the upscale & sharpening process damages the image and for those who have an eye sensitive to artifacts (of all categories) it bothers.

Due to this still working on 1080P that knows how to evaluate the quality and cleanliness in the frame.

As for 16GB it does not need today, not tonight on 16 December 2020, it needs Boa 2021 (and certainly on 22 and to you).

I do not buy a screen rattlesnake for one season, for Kich as a swimsuit, and then throws away next winter. And this is what I recommended to consumers in our field.

It is very difficult for me to get a recommendation to purchase a card with only 8 / 10GB memory Priced at $ 500-700 (more towards the actual $ 1000) for such a short period

Until it needs to be replaced again. It indicates stupidity (do not want to be more pronounced).

And when I see stupidity, I do not shy away or back away from it but put a sharp and clear spotlight on it.

Once it has been proven that there is no functional advantage at the practical level in the field, in RT capabilities of the 3000 series, that RT is ridiculously negligible from a diagnostic point of view

And DLSS capabilities are the same as what we will have Otto in the second product as well, and since the competing product holds 16GB, also cheaper by a few dollars, and has superior performance

A resolution that is more commonly used (below 4K), has created a virtually inevitable situation, that in the current generation the 6000 series is superior. 

Only for a few since working in 4K series 3000 is preferable, in the reservations, having to wait for models with enough memory eg 12GB or 20GB

Which went on the market probably in January. And this is my recommendation that is suitable for any type of customer in accordance - based on purely resolution.

Let’s start with the fact that declaring RT is negligible, it is at your discretion.

DLSS is revolutionary because of the way it works, it does not use traditional upscaling methods, and it really does not sharping.

It takes an image at a lower pixel density, passing it inside an established model Neurons and displays a much higher quality image.

This can be done on both a desktop processor, and a 486 processor, the question is how long will it take, to Cards It is done in real time and very fast using Dedicated hardware.

What does this actually mean? That the card renders a low-resolution image with textures designed for low-resolution and displays a much higher-resolution image, and the new image is not one better than if we rendered the image in the high-resolution, and for fairness it should be noted that sometimes it also misses.

Build a network that will take better pictures It is possible after a few hours of learning from YouTube or professional hairdressers, build a network that does it Exactly high and fast it's been a whole other story, and that's what She did.

By changing this approach that allows the image to be rendered at a lower resolution, and passed through Neurons the user gets more frames per second, than to render the images from the beginning in high quality, and not only that the quality obtained is no less than a high resolution render.

Now everyone will decide if this feature is marginal or not.

Two points for thought:

As LEV said here the interesting question is whether and when we will need 16 GB cards, will the 6000 series of It will have at all the processing power required, that as long as to There is no competitor to DLSS so it is hard to answer that.

Another point, the consoles have 16GB Which is common to the whole system, what does this say about future games?

Link to content

Quote of k534d

Let’s start with the fact that declaring RT is negligible, it is at your discretion.

DLSS is revolutionary because of the way it works, it does not use traditional upscaling methods, and it really does not operation sharping.

It takes an image at a lower pixel density, passing it inside an established model Network Neurons and displays a much higher quality image.

This can be done on both a desktop processor, and a 486 processor, the question is how long will it take, to NVIDIA Cards RTX It is done in real time and very fast using Dedicated hardware.

What does this actually mean? That the card renders a low-resolution image with textures designed for low-resolution and displays a much higher-resolution image, and the new image is not one better than if we rendered the image in the high-resolution, and for fairness it should be noted that sometimes it also misses.

Build a network that will take better pictures It is possible after a few hours of learning from YouTube or professional hairdressers, build a network that does it Exactly high and fast it's been a whole other story, and that's what NVIDIA She did.

By changing this approach that allows the image to be rendered at a lower resolution, and passed through Network Neurons the user gets more frames per second, than to render the images from the beginning in high quality, and not only that the quality obtained is no less than a high resolution render.

Now everyone will decide if this feature is marginal or not.

Two points for thought:

As LEV said here the interesting question is whether and when we will need 16 GB cards, will the 6000 series of AMD It will have at all the processing power required, that as long as to AMD There is no competitor to DLSS so it is hard to answer that.

Another point, the consoles have 16GB memory Which is common to the whole system, what does this say about future games?

Contrary to my custom, I will answer very briefly:

To sell a count, you have to make a good count. And it is desirable in the story to push pseudo-scientific elements, or those that cannot be verified,

Which are intended for such a target audience, who in any case do not really understand the field and then the story goes smoothly. 

Wait for the upscale to be shown to us Then you also dropped the token, that without any use of voodoo the result is parallel. 

About In your remarks, this is a 16GB system shared memory. It is also shared by the title engine (and the operating system)

And also for the graphic accelerator. So it behaves more effectively like 8GB roof 12GB for graphics. In cases where the operating system and the title

Consume little and leave her the majority. If they consume more then the graphics will have less left.

Link to content

Quote by af db creid

Click here to :)

Well, maybe I'm not representing the norm.

So I prescribe you a prescription for pharmacy, RTX3000 one urgent.

You and the patient come back to me and work with .

But you are rare.

For the other patients who came today, it turns out, there is no magnifying glass, they are also not bored and just want to play. Would you believe ... : )

They generally have a 1080P or 1440P screen (over 95% of the market), so get them a prescription from me for the RX6000.

Oh, and also saved $ 50 on buying (at MSRP prices), and in practice more than that because of market prices. 

Expensive drugs today 

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of nec_000

Contrary to my custom, I will answer very briefly:

To sell a count, you have to make a good count. And it is desirable in the story to push pseudo-scientific elements, or those that cannot be verified,

Which are intended for such a target audience, who in any case do not really understand the field and then the story goes smoothly. 

Wait for the upscale to be shown to us AMD Then you also dropped the token, that without any use of voodoo the result is parallel. 

About Consoles In your remarks, this is a 16GB system shared memory. It is also shared by the title engine (and the operating system)

And also for the graphic accelerator. So it behaves more effectively like 8GB roof 12GB for graphics. In cases where the operating system and the title

Consume little and leave her the majority. If they consume more then the graphics will have less left.

Short is good :)

Pseudo-scientific elements voodoo and black magic it's nice and cool but let's leave it to the forum Fiction and fantasy.

But thankfully I used to mess with image processing algorithms, and now I deal with deep learning networks, so I have no idea what I'm talking about.

As I wrote in the cluster one has to wait for a response from , She may or may not be better.

But let's remember that in order to get to DLSS 2.0, it took Quite a bit of time.

Link to content

Quote by law89

post Scriptum.

The investor is also not interested in the profit line, he is more interested in the dividends distributed

As a serious investor for several decades, with a close connection to the field of capital market, I will share, that what interests the investor is the return

Gain per unit of time. Experienced investors, (professionals?) Who study regulation and taxation, do not actually want dividend distribution,

Turned upside down. Because then a tax is paid on the dividend upon receipt, and before the funds are returned to the investment cycle again.

On the other hand, companies that do not distribute dividends, since the dividend (unpaid) is embodied in the value of the share, entails that there is no tax on

To return the amount back to the market. Because you get nothing, and if you don't get it, you don't pay.

I get to explain this about once a week to anyone who talks to me about investing.

Then he sits for a minute thinking, and says, Wow, I did not think of that.

So here is a gift for the eve of Hanukkah 7 🎊

By the way I came out that I first learned this when I was a rookie in the field, I read books on the capital market, and on strategy.

Some of the chapters talk about the taxation layer and how to manage it effectively. Its first name I came across in explaining why it is worth investing

In a channel without a dividend compared to the same channel with a dividend. 

And every time when you really need to realize part of the portfolio (in order to consume the funds it is said), then simple So the sale.

In this method, you pay taxes, only in events that really need the money, and not all the time on a regular basis, in every round that you distribute.

Dividend, even when we are not interested in consuming it, but immediately invest it again in the market.

The goal is to minimize tax incidents to the necessary gender. Dividend distribution that leads to tax events hurts the required minimization.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of k534d

But let's remember that in order to get to DLSS 2.0, it took NVIDIA Quite a bit of time.

What I am not tempted so quickly to adopt, to count theirs. 

And estimates that when- Take out their upscale, we'll discover the naked king's clothes.

We will find that they do this excellently, regardless of a specific title, but work on each image as input to the function.

Which will improve flexibility, because instead of working on only 5 titles, it will suddenly work on everything there is, not just new, but historical

All the titles since time immemorial. And it will be in one fell swoop, boom.

But I will emphasize, always prefer native rendering even if it means compromise in resolution, since 1080P is clean, better for the eye than 1440P

Who did an upscale to it combined with refinement and probably also a few more post-image-processing passes. It's really annoying,

Looks artificial and contains eye-popping artifacts.

incidentally Coming from a work background is a very in-depth picture from the days of ATI that were among the best in the industry, also in work .

And therefore the experience they have in carrying out this development is well founded.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of nec_000

We will find that they do this excellently, regardless of a specific title, but work on each image as input to the function.

Which will improve flexibility, because instead of working on only 5 titles, it will suddenly work on everything there is, not just new, but historical

All the titles since time immemorial. And it will be in one fell swoop, boom.

But I will emphasize, always prefer native rendering even if it means compromise in resolution, since 1080P is clean, better for the eye than 1440P

Who did an upscale to it combined with refinement and probably also a few more post-image-processing passes. It's really annoying,

Looks artificial and contains eye-popping artifacts.

incidentally AMD Coming from a work background is a very in-depth picture from the days of ATI that were among the best in the industry, also in work Video.

And therefore the experience they have in carrying out this development is well founded.

1. Nowadays DLSS depends net on the willingness and ability of the developers to embed it in their games.

2. It turns out that this is not true because in the tests they performed it was found that an image after DLSS is not one better than native.

3. I will not underestimate AMD, but DLSS is based on deep learning there There is almost complete control right now.

And regarding the king's clothes and whether the product of Will be better, I have no idea we will have to wait, I very much hope they will bring a great and revolutionary solution.

Link to content

On the one hand if we do a quality upscale, and we have the ability to be impressed by image tools in the industry, then the result is amazing.

Not only will it be difficult to locate the artifacts, but not one of the ragged image will definitely show us more detailed and better,

Which is part of the artificial products of upscale. But because in the game (as opposed to a static image) the image moves fast,

Over 60 frames per second and you are generally focused on the game and not on peeping, can be performed upscale while sacrificing quality, but performed quickly.

So I'm very optimistic about what they'll bring. We'll wait and see. January is not in a long time, this month is supposed to introduce us to iteration

First of the mechanism. This was reported in September in any case.

Link to content

Another side-by-side comparison video, but not a blind test unfortunately - reveals to us what the side is with RT and what the side is without.

Only in the second, in the Metro Exodus title can one notice the difference, except that, surprisingly, something, I'm not sure it's for the better.

In a computer game as opposed to a movie , Sometimes it may be better to notice the details, rather render without RT:

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

On the other hand I see a lot of demonstrations of clips that are videos from games, similar to a cinematic effect, and then the RT effect is diagnosable

Easily and is impressive if not committed. One has to get to the point where the games themselves behave like a video , Then the function will be longer

Effective to the eye.

I guess we'll get there in a generation or two. The computational power of hardware in this aspect should be significantly increased,

And at the same time the developers of the titles knew and gained experience, how to perform, how much, and on what components in the image for the effect to intensify.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site