WINDOWS 10 - Advice Before Buying A Computer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

WINDOWS 10

Peace,

I've got two questions:

1. For upgrading Windows 7 to 10, 

When I click on the link to download the image of Windows 10   https://www.microsoft.com/he-il/software-download/windows10,

I do not get to the option of downloading the image.

Could it be that Microsoft has blocked the option?

2. For installing Windows 10 disk,

I have an intel core i-3 6100 3.7GHz computer, 8GB RAM DDR4 

system type - 32bit operating system

WIN7 operating system.

A. What will be the impact of installing WIN10 on my computer speed?

B. What type of disc should I install - WIN10 OEM, or WIN10 RETAIL,

And what are the differences between them? 

third. Does it matter if I have a WIN10 of 32 or 64 BIT? 

I would appreciate help on the subject.

Link to content

Quote by speakspeak288

1. For upgrading Windows 7 to 10, 

When I click on the link to download the image of Windows 10   https://www.microsoft.com/he-il/software-download/windows10,

I do not get to the option of downloading the image.

Could it be that Microsoft has blocked the option?

They do not show the possibility of downloading ISO to computers But only the MEDIA CREATOR. You can download it (I think it has the option to burn a disc), or change the browser settings so that it sends as if it is on a MAC or LINUX.

Quote by speakspeak288

A. What will be the impact of installing WIN10 on my computer speed?

I will leave this question to someone who knows more than me, but I do not think there will be a substantial impact.

Quote by speakspeak288

B. What type of disc should I install - WIN10 OEM, or WIN10 RETAIL,

And what are the differences between them? 

This OEM That comes with the computer and aa transfer it to another computer.This RETAIL That you purchase from Microsoft and can be put on any computer you want, and also transferred from computer to computer, provided that it is active on only one computer at a time.

Quote by speakspeak288

third. Does it matter if I have a WIN10 of 32 or 64 BIT? 

Yes. If your processor is 32-bit (no chance), 64 bit will not work. If the processor is 64 bit, 32 bit will work but not optimally.

Link to content

Quote by af db creid

This OEM Operating System That comes with the computer and aa transfer it to another computer.This RETAIL Operating System That you purchase from Microsoft and can be put on any computer you want, and also transferred from computer to computer, provided that it is active on only one computer at a time.

Hey, thank you for the detailed explanation.

a question..

I am meanwhile trying to install Windows 10 which I was able to download. I wanted to ask if I need to buy a Windows 10 license, or is the license already included in the installation? Another thing, do I need to know what my Windows 7 license is for installation? I can not find him .. Is there a solution to this?

2 more questions ..

Regarding Windows 7 backup.

I have two partitions - C and F.

A. Suppose I do not backup..

Will partition F be saved for me when installing Windows 10? (My assumption is that it is sitting on drive C)

B. Suppose I do backup..

Which partition should I back up? All my important files sit on F, but should C also be backed up,

On which I assume Windows 10 will be installed?

I would appreciate your kind help.

Link to content

Quote by speakspeak288

I am meanwhile trying to install Windows 10 which I was able to download. I wanted to ask if I need to buy a Windows 10 license, or is the license already included in the installation?

Do not really understand the question. If the intent is to download ISO it does not mean you have a license.

Quote by speakspeak288

Another thing, do I need to know what my Windows 7 license is for installation? I can not find him .. Is there a solution to this?

No need to know, but you can check. Open Command Line, type: slmgr -dli and enter. Search for RETAIL channel or OEM channel.

Quote by speakspeak288

I have two partitions - C and F.

A. Suppose I do not operation backup..

Will partition F be saved for me when installing Windows 10? (My assumption is that it is sitting on drive C)

I think you can choose during installation which partitions will be formatted, but not sure.

Quote by speakspeak288

B. Suppose I do operation backup..

Which partition should I back up? All my important files sit on F, but should C also be backed up,

On which I assume Windows 10 will be installed?

It will not hurt to back it up in case the installation fails.

Link to content

Quote by af db creid

It will not hurt to back it up in case the installation fails.

In drive C I have 42GB used out of 468, and drive F has 101GB used out of 463. Together it comes out 42 + 101 = 143

How do I Backup to both drives? Do I need an external disk? DISK ON KEY? Is it possible to back up online?

I do not currently have an external drive, nor a DISK ON KEY with the appropriate volume. 

What would you recommend to me?

Another question..

If the installation fails and even if it succeeds, and I will not be happy with Windows 10.

Is it possible to restore Windows 7? I will note that I do not have the disk at hand ..

Link to content

Quote by speakspeak288

In drive C I have 42GB used out of 468, and drive F has 101GB used out of 463. Together it comes out 42 + 101 = 143

How do I operation Backup to both drives? Do I need an external disk? DISK ON KEY? Is it possible to back up online?

I do not currently have an external drive, nor a DISK ON KEY with the appropriate volume. 

Allow cloud backup, I would prefer backup on an external disk. If not then no. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

Quote by speakspeak288

Another question..

If the installation fails and even if it succeeds, and I will not be happy with Windows 10.

Is it possible to restore Windows 7? I will note that I do not have the disk at hand ..

Yes, I only think up to 30 days.

Link to content

Quote by speakspeak288

How do I operation Backup to both drives? Do I need an external disk? DISK ON KEY? Is it possible to back up online?

What I would recommend is to just go and buy one that is really not worth living without backup at all.  

If after all you are not Backup You need to understand that when you install Venidus nothing is deleted if you do not delete, ie if you do not do the deletion or boot operation yourself all the files will just stay. 

First check if the disk you are currently on is GPT or MBR in disk management. And according to this you will burn the windows on the disk on key, if the disk burning on key needs to be MBR and it is burned as GPT, during installation it will not let go until they boot the disk, save yourself the experience and wonder and check exactly what you need.  

During installation you will not be written C and D so pay attention to what you choose to install according to the size of the partition. 

Link to content

Quote by Eli Jordan

What I would recommend is to just go and buy one that is really not worth living without backup at all.  

If after all you are not operation Backup You need to understand that when you install Venidus nothing is deleted if you do not delete, ie if you do not do the deletion or boot operation yourself all the files will just stay. 

Hey,

I want to purchase an external disk drive, and I'm undecided about the type.

I found two types:

1. 1 terabyte, 3.5 inches, comes without a SATA cable.

Is the SATA interface efficient? Is it the same connection of the computer screen to the processor?

https://www.ivory.co.il/catalog.php?id=6011&iszap=1  

2. SAN DISK, 240 GB, 2.5 inch also comes without a SATA cable.

https://www.ivory.co.il/catalog.php?id=19113&iszap=1

Assuming I back up the volume I mentioned in the thread (143GB), which of these two types of drives is more suitable for me?

Do you have a particular model or type that you would recommend to me at a really cheap price? I will note that I am a simple user.

Quote by Eli Jordan

First check if the disk you are currently on is GPT or MBR in disk management. And according to this you will burn the windows on the disk on key, if the disk burning on key needs to be MBR and it is burned as GPT, during installation it will not let go until they boot the disk, save yourself the experience and wonder and check exactly what you need.  

During installation you will not be written C and D so pay attention to what you choose to install according to the size of the partition. 

Why do you actually need to burn Windows to an on-key disk? 

And is the intention to burn Windows 7 or Windows 10? Is it for backup? 

Link to content

Quote by speakspeak288

Hey,

I want to purchase an external disk drive, and I'm undecided about the type.

I found two types:

1. Western Digital 1 terabyte, 3.5 inches, comes without a SATA cable.

Is the SATA interface efficient? Is it the same connection of the computer screen to the processor?

https://www.ivory.co.il/catalog.php?id=6011&iszap=1  

2. SAN DISK, 240 GB, 2.5 inch also comes without a SATA cable.

https://www.ivory.co.il/catalog.php?id=19113&iszap=1

Assuming I back up the volume I mentioned in the thread (143GB), which of these two types of drives is more suitable for me?

Do you have a particular model or type that you would recommend to me at a really cheap price? I will note that I am a simple user.

Both are not external, if you want external buy something like that https://www.zap.co.il/model.aspx?modelid=852063

Quote by speakspeak288

Why do you actually need to burn Windows to an on-key disk? 

And is the intention to burn Windows 7 or Windows 10? Is it for backup? 

Not related to backup. To install, Windows must be on external media. I suggest that for a start you do some research on how to install .

Link to content

Quote by Eli Jordan

Both are not external, if you want external buy something like that https://www.zap.co.il/model.aspx?modelid=852063

I bought the product you recommended to me. I was able to back up the material using the external drive, and now I am ready to step into installing Windows.

Quote by Eli Jordan

Not related to backup. To install, Windows must be on external media. I suggest that for a start you do some research on how to install Windows.

I transferred the downloaded windows as an ISO file to an on-key disk. I also went to the tutorial video, but they say I need to have PRODUCT KEY in order to eat before I start installation. 

How do I get an original PRODUCT KEY online? 

Can I install Windows 10 directly on Windows 7 without formatting?

How can I restore Windows 7 if the installation fails? I do not have the Windows 7 disk.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site