Consultation: Dell S2721DGF or Samsung Odyssey G7 - Page 2 - Computer Monitors - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Consultation: Dell S2721DGF or Samsung Odyssey G7

--- The King ---

For all who are interested, after an in-depth examination it turns out that the Not bad at all and even quite surprised me in relation to his technical data that appear on the site of .

It turns out to be a bit faster than the echelon, not significantly and in my opinion not in a way that can be seen with the eye, black color is better than the echelon, higher brightness than the echelon (even though its technical data says otherwise), so far the advantages over the echelon.

In terms of cons compared to Dell, Dell also has support for And Free-Sync, and MSI only officially supports .

God- Comes with color calibration not something at all, for those who have a color calibrator can overcome this disadvantage, for those who do not it is in my opinion a very significant disadvantage.

For DP connections, in There is a 1.2 and a difference of 1.4.

Another thing, the MSI is currently available in stock in the country compared to the Dell which in most of the world is currently out of stock, but the price of the Dell is slightly lower.

My conclusions:

For those who have a color calibrator, there is room for deliberation between Dell and MSI. For those who do not, I see a clear advantage for the poor.

In addition, anyone who thinks there is a chance in the future will connect a video card of , Better the poor because of the lack of Free-Sync support in MSI. For example, I plan to upgrade my computer in the coming months, so I would like to leave myself the option of a card of .

So, I'm with the poor right now.

Edited By --- The King ---
Link to content

Quote of zone glide

What about VIEWSONIC ELITE?

Are you talking about ViewSonic Elite XG270QG? Not at the level of the poor and the . It is supposed to give good value for the price, but somehow in Israel its sales are very high, over 3000 NIS.

Quote of zone glide

and also Lenovo Y27Q IPS

Not bad, I prefer the meager:

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/compare/lenovo-legion-y27q-20-vs-dell-s2721dgf/8317/16485

Link to content

Can you tell me if the Lenovo Y27Q IPS supports ?

Because I saw that there is a Y27 modelGQ that he actually does support it .. but it is also more expensive and also has a TN panel.

On the other hand, in this store, note that the Y27Q does support GSYNC

https://www.pcholic.co.il/shop/ציוד-היקפי/מסכים-ואביזרים/מסכי-גיימינג/lenovo-legion-y27q-20-27-ips-led-qhd-1440p-165hz-freesync-g-sync-compatible-gaming-monitor-raven-black/

Edited By KF
Link to content

Quote of KF

Can you tell me if the Lenovo Y27Q IPS supports G-SYNC ?

Because I saw that there is a Y27 modelGQ that he actually does support it .. but it is also more expensive and also has a TN panel.

On the other hand, in this store, note that the Y27Q does support GSYNC

https://www.pcholic.co.il/shop/ציוד-היקפי/מסכים-ואביזרים/מסכי-גיימינג/lenovo-legion-y27q-20-27-ips-led-qhd-1440p-165hz-freesync-g-sync-compatible-gaming-monitor-raven-black/

According to Lenovo's website is GSYNC COMPATIBLE. I.e. it is actually with Freesync but also supported by card .

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/gaming/Y27q-20A19270QY2-27inch-Monitor-HDMI/p/65EEGAC1US

Also appears in the official list of , Which means they tested the screen themselves and it is GSYNC compliant -

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

Link to content

Good friends .. I noticed that there are a lot of complaints on this screen regarding GSYNC and random black screens in games.

The main problem is with Noidia's 1000/2000 series cards, but I also saw that there are some with the same 3000 series problem.

Luckily, I did not use the screen at all and I'm going to put it back in the bin .. not willing to take the risk for it.

I very much hope that they will not make it difficult for me to cancel a transaction because the screen opens at the time of purchase for the purpose of checking that there is no breakage.

I was told at the time of purchase that it is not a problem to return the screen even if it is opened for the above inspection provided that everything is new and includes wired cables in their original form.

Edited By KF
Link to content

As for the Dell 2721, I planned to buy it recently and according to the reviews it is one of the best in the category (up to 2000 NIS) but in the end I discovered to my luck that it has one pretty serious problem - it is not flicker-free (most screens today are flicker-free and it is excellent on them as a feature) Which means that any brightness less than 100%, causes it to flicker. Although it is at a very high frequency that is not really visible to the eye, but it just causes eye fatigue during normal work / reading. 

The truth is I have experience with some old monitors that made me tired after a long work and others not, until I recently realized it was because of Flickering. Some people it may not affect but for me it was very noticeable in terms of eye fatigue.

So after I got off the bucket I found the LG27GL850 which according to the reviews is even a little better than the bucket but with Flickr-Perry. The problem this time was stock in the country ... so after a month of waiting for him I gave up and took the FI27Q. Although a bit more expensive but considered excellent (its only drawback is the DP1.2 but it is not critical to me).

I am very pleased with the screen but can not say if it is better than the others in terms of quality because I have not tried them in front of it.

By the way, you can check quite easily if a screen is Flickr-Perry - look at it through the smartphone's camera when the camera is on slow-motion. If there are transverse stripes that move then it is not a flicker-fruit. 

Link to content

It seems that the problem is when the FPS drops below a certain threshold (for example in charging screens), so then this is a problem in VRR and I guess it can be solved temporarily by turning off the freesync on the screen (so it stays at 144 Hz all the time). Talking about it, did you check what is being said about it on the net? Maybe it works for everyone and it's another temporary solution until they release this software update.

Almost every screen in this price range seems to have some fuck. Here are black screens, in M27Q I read that there is a problem with unreadable text, now the poor is not flicker free ... as if always skimping on something to bring screens For these prices. Maybe this MSI that was recommended earlier is worth another look.

Link to content

Quote of Nir555

As for the Dell 2721, I planned to buy it recently and according to the reviews it is one of the best in the category (up to 2000 NIS) but in the end I discovered to my luck that it has one pretty serious problem - it is not flicker-free (most screens today are flicker-free and it is excellent on them as a feature) Which means that any brightness less than 100%, causes it to flicker. Although it is at a very high frequency that is not really visible to the eye, but it just causes eye fatigue during normal work / reading. 

https://www.dell.com/il/en/p/dell-s2721dgf-monitor/pd

a quote

Flicker-free
Yes

By what do you say he's not flicker-free?

Quote of ch33

Maybe this MSI that was recommended earlier is worth another look.

It may well be that it is superior to all the rest. Its panel is different from all the others that use the same nano IPS panel of . The main problem with it is that it comes stock with a pretty bad color calibration.

Quote of KF

I'm very worried about Lenovo, very much hope they do not make me muscle when returning the product.

The guy mentioned in the video that they have released a firmware update that fixes this. If so, consider staying with him.

Edited By --- The King ---
Link to content

Quote of ch33

See that the problem is when the FPS drops below a certain threshold (for example in charging screens), so then this is a problem in VRR and I guess it can be solved temporarily by turning off the freesync on the screen (so it stays constantly at 144 Hz).

The flickers happen because of it On charging screens the FPS falls below 40 FPS. It happens to me on my screen too. During a game there is really no problem.

Link to content

Read on RTING about this model in the Flickr section (although they don't think it's a problem) and also in the comments to the review at the bottom of the page, where people are already really talking about how much of a problem this screen is.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s2721dgf

And here is a report from this forum

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon's parade continues

Amazon's parade continues

Come and be impressed by another list of great prices for quality hardware products and gadgets that can make your credit cards work overtime