Consultation: Dell S2721DGF or Samsung Odyssey G7 - Page 3 - Computer Monitors - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Consultation: Dell S2721DGF or Samsung Odyssey G7

--- The King ---

Quote of Nir555

Read on RTING about this model in the Flickr section (although they don't think it's a problem) and also in the comments to the review at the bottom of the page, where people are already really talking about how much of a problem this screen is.

Obviously they do not think this is a problem, they even gave him a score of 10 on it. You need to understand that each screen is flickering, the question is at what speed, or more accurately at what frequency. When the jitter is very fast, a human eye cannot notice it so it is called "flicker-free".

It's not clear to me why the guy there claims he had eye pain from using the screen. Basically it could also be just too high a brightness or something, and could even be that it fell on a screen with a manufacturing defect.

You will always find bad reviews on such products, from large manufacturers that are sold all over the world in quantities.

Edited By --- The King ---
Link to content

You have to understand that every screen flickers, the question of how fast - that's the thing, not every screen flickers! Most screens that are declared this way, do not flicker at all, at any frequency.

Only Badal did some combina- tion and they declare it Flickr-fruit. Have you read the comments in rting?

You will see the 50% graph of the two screens for comparison, one shows high frequency jitter and the other straight line, no jitter

DELL2721

LG27GL850

And as I have already written, it is very simple to check it in front of the screen with the camera of the smartphone.

You do not think this is a problem? Buy it ... I came to give advice and illuminate this matter, especially since you mentioned that your main use is for work

Edited By Nir555
Link to content

Friends, I have not yet made a decision regarding Lenovo, do not know whether to return it to the store or not ..

I want to make a decision by 17pm to avoid excuses from the store in case of a return.

The sooner the better .. Today exactly 24 hours will pass from the date of purchase.

* Indeed, a software update called 1.3T but only the guy who covered the screen got it individually because it is a beta version that has not been released yet to anyone and who knows when it will also be released to the general public.

The thing is, this problem is not new at all, for over a year now people have been complaining about the problem of random black screens.

I did not buy such a screen to turn off the G-SYNC and actually "solve" the problem one way or another.

I'm a loser, I do not know what to do, it's just like buying a cat in a sack.

Really lucky I haven't used it yet.

On the other hand, I do not find any other alternative to this screen .. The poor tire the eyes, the gigabyte with unreadable text, the MSI comes with a terrible calibration .. just sucks.

Maybe only the F127Q will give a proper answer even though it comes with DP 1.2 only. (His big brother is already really expensive and not in my budget)

Now it only remains to decide, - Yes or No ?

Edited By KF
Link to content

I did not connect or check anything, the box is still closed and I did not remove the screen from there.

The box was opened only once at the time of purchase, check that there is no breakage.

Beyond that all the cables are packed including the screen and the contents inside.

* Once I connect it, I will not have the right to cancel a transaction.

Edited By KF
Link to content

Quote of KF

The MSI comes with a terrible calibration

Whenever buying a new screen you should tinker with the settings and calibrate as you see fit. And lowering brightness is a MUST.

Quote of KF

I'm a loser, I do not know what to do, it's just like buying a cat in a sack.

What an exaggeration. But do know a feeling for example when not used to the screen, for example smears in black on VA panels so indeed it is annoying.

I think it takes a moment to take a breath to do CHILL and decide what could be the worst and is it really something for him I will return the screen.

From what I understand the phenomenon is due to when there are FPS drops as he said below 10 FPS. Can happen in the loading of a game.

And here is a software solution that someone discovered: https://motherbear.home.blog/2019/12/10/lenovo-legion-y27q-20-black-screen-fix/

Link to content

Quote of Jabberwock

Whenever buying a new screen you should tinker with the settings and calibrate as you see fit. And lowering brightness is a MUST.

If you do not have a calibrator (Example below), The effort is probably unnecessary, and you will not be able to achieve good results, as I have already written:

Quote of --- The King ---

My conclusions:

For those who have a paint calibrator, there is room for deliberation between the poor and the . For those who do not, I see a clear advantage for the poor.

Link to content

Quote of Jabberwock

What an exaggeration. But do know a feeling for example when not used to the screen, for example smears in black on VA panels so indeed it is annoying.

I think it takes a moment to take a breath to do CHILL and decide what could be the worst and is it really something for him I will return the screen.

From what I understand the phenomenon is due to when there are FPS drops as he said below 10 FPS. Can happen in the loading of a game.

And here is a software solution that someone discovered: https://motherbear.home.blog/2019/12/10/lenovo-legion-y27q-20-black-screen-fix/

I went through the guide .. I did not understand about section 3:
If my screen comes without Built-in So is it still relevant or skip directly to section 12?
I do know that there is a headphone connection in the corner of the screen.

By the way, I'm a little afraid of doing irreversible damage if I miss things ... I don't know what that means.

* I saw there a few reference points of , I will connect the screen in general via DP.

Edited By KF
Link to content

Quote of KF

If my screen comes without speakers Built-in So is it still relevant or skip directly to section 12?

skip.

Quote of KF

By the way, I'm a little afraid of doing irreversible damage if I miss things ... I don't know what that means.

Basically, from what I understand it deals with the driver and does not break into the screen or anything like that. Total changes profile settings i.e. "methods of operation" that are allowed to be used on the screen.

But the guy in the guide does not take responsibility because if you delete everything then the computer did not know how to work with the screen. You may need to bring up another screen and then restore the settings. It also suggests changing connections because then it's like you connect another screen

Link to content

What does it mean to change connections? There is only a single DP connection on the screen and through it I want to connect the screen .. do not want a way .

And in section 3 he does ask for pressure on delete all, hoping that it will not cause damage and delete everything.

I generally hope I do not have to mess with it and that the 3000 series will be without problems with this screen ..

Link to content

I would not build on the fact that there is a connection some c. Screen you are using, because the problem does not appear to be due to this direction or the drivers of . There is simply a problem with Freesync.

Regarding MSI I saw the review of Hardware Unboxed and he talked about the section with the calibration but from what I remember said the screen is calibrated not something mainly in that it is over-saturated, here is the place to note that it is mostly critical for those who do professional work and need accurate colors at the expense of image " Fun "and pleasant to watch. For media consumption (games, movies) it is not necessarily a story, some people even prefer it over exact colors. In addition he gave a name in the critique of new definitions he built that helped a bit in this.

All in all, this seems like the least terrible disease of all the screens that have come up here in the discussion so far ...

Edited By ch33
Link to content

I decided to leave the Lenovo with me .. I will put it together and see what happens .. Hopefully there will be no problem at all and even if I do I will wait for a firmware update of .

Most of the complaints from what I have seen are directed towards pascal cards = That is the 1000 series if I am not mistaken.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

Sony's Power Show

The Japanese maker has made an impressive appearance for its PlayStation 5 console, with a large number of new gameplay videos and some special surprises

new on the site