Comparison of game prices in EPIC STORE in Israel compared to VPN - Consumer - HWzone forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Comparing game prices in EPIC STORE in Israel compared to VPN

RISEROLL

CYBERPUNK 2077 with the $ 10 coupon costs NIS 234 in Israel (NIS 269 without a coupon), with NIS 75 (NIS 100 without coupon) Duplicate 3

JUST CAUSE 4 with the coupon costs NIS 204 in Israel (without coupon 239), with NIS 25 (NIS 50 without coupon) Duplicate 8

In all games the differences start from almost 3 times.

Turkey's IP for those interested.

Edited By RISEROLL
Link to content

As a matter of fact - the main question is whether a part then works part when you connect from the country or there are regional restrictions. 

Regarding the complaint about the cost of living - happy to hear that you are aiming high.

Turkey - minimum wage of less than 1500 NIS per month. Average wage of about 2500 NIS. 

Ukraine has a minimum wage of $ 190. With an average salary of $ 500.

I largely belong to the pickle group but let's stay with a comparison to slightly less backward places.

In GOG it costs $ 60 from my account - when in GOG all the money goes to the developers.

Edited By yoavke
Link to content

It has nothing to do with the cost of living.

It's just discrimination by regions, sharp and smooth.

$ 60 is also the price in EPIC unless you are from Israel then it costs you $ 80.

If they are able to sell it for $ 30 in Ukraine and Turkey then they are able to sell it at that price all over the world

And if it's not a rally price then customers like in Israel and other countries pay extra and subsidize the prices they pay in Turkey and Ukraine and that is really not acceptable.

Edited By lompy
Link to content

Local pricing lower than the “recommended price” of $ 60 (or whatever, usually $ 60) is tied to an average salary in that state and has always been so. The reason it has expanded in recent years is that in STEAM and among the big distributors the token has fallen to demand on a computer game half of a man's monthly salary it might explain why in these countries piracy is celebrated. It is better to earn something than to earn nothing.

To say why the local pricing in Israel is over $ 60 I have no idea. But this is not really a problem, and if that's what bothers you then get to know -

https://isthereanydeal.com/

There are a lot of third-party stores that unlike Steam still sell to us in dollars.

If the problem is that you want to pay $ 30 like the Turks and not $ 60 then that's something else. Just keep in mind that there is a risk here. STEAM has stories of bans on it and it is perfectly legal for them to do so because it is a violation of the user agreement. I find it hard to believe that in this epic it is different.

Edited By ch33
Link to content

Quote of ch33

Local pricing lower than the “recommended price” of $ 60 (or whatever, usually $ 60) is tied to an average salary in that state and has always been so. The reason it has expanded in recent years is that in STEAM and among the big distributors the token has fallen to demand on a computer game half of a man's monthly salary it might explain why in these countries piracy is celebrated. It is better to earn something than to earn nothing.

To say why the local pricing in Israel is over $ 60 I have no idea. But this is not really a problem, and if that's what bothers you then get to know -

There are a lot of third-party stores that unlike Steam still sell to us in dollars.

If the problem is that you want to pay $ 30 like the Turks and not $ 60 then that's something else. Just keep in mind that there is a risk here. STEAM has stories of bans on it and it is perfectly legal for them to do so because it is a violation of the user agreement. I find it hard to believe that in this epic it is different.

Do not get ban on it, they can not prove you are not from Turkey and they can not demand a passport from you.

Quote of Moon-Mage

Thanks for the info, you may know VPN Free that gives a server in Turkey?

I used URBAN ,free

Link to content

A random search led me to this

https://shinygamer.com/pc-games-and-region-locking-everything-you-need-to-know/

Pretty much sums up the issues that can be with any platform regarding Region Locking

According to what is written there:

ב Should be on the page of the page if there is a regional lock

ב There is no lock but the game may only be available in the local language.

ב There is a regional lock, it can be a problem to activate the game or it will only be available in the local language.

Epic has a regional lock and it is not possible to play a game bought in one area in another area. (According to what RISEROLL writes then is not true or at least not necessarily true)

ב  There is no lock but the game may only be available in the local language.

How much is true or false I do not know.

Edited By lompy
Link to content

On sets I read recently that they came up with the method of buying games through , And they can block the user from trying to purchase a game outside their area of ​​residence.

They also require purchasing through payment methods that are compatible with the region, so this makes it even more difficult.

It's not clear to me what it's like with Epic.

The thread opens, were you able to purchase and play a game you purchased in another area?

Anyway because of the delusional regional prices there are in the country, I almost always buy games from the site cdkeys.com or look for a store through isthereanydeal.com, where there is a list of only reliable sites.

In addition, they have a great browser plugin on the site of Sets called Augmented , Which gives straight down the lowest price that exists for the game at that moment, in addition to a few more convenient and pretty cool features.

Only with the help of this plugin did I save quite a bit of money because I almost bought a game that was on sale in sets, while it was on another site for a few tens of shekels cheaper.

Edited By holyheat
Link to content

Quote of ch33

There is also G2A.COM

The stories about bans from vested interests who try to profit on parents of children

You can not get a ban on it, they are glad that instead of going to TPB you come to them with dollars

Quote from serg90

On sets I read recently that they came up with the method of buying games through VPN, And they can block the user from trying to purchase a game outside their area of ​​residence.

They also require purchasing through payment methods that are compatible with the region, so this makes it even more difficult.

It's not clear to me what it's like with Epic.

The thread opens, were you able to purchase and play a game you purchased in another area?

In any case, because of the delusional regional prices in the country, I almost always buy games from the site cdkeys.com Or looking for a way to shop isthereanydeal.com, Where there is a list of only reliable sites.

In addition, they have a great browser plugin on the site of Sets called Augmented Steam, Which gives straight down the lowest price that exists for the game at that moment, in addition to a few more convenient and pretty cool features.

Only with the help of this plugin did I save quite a bit of money because I almost bought a game that was on sale in sets, while it was on another site for a few tens of shekels cheaper.

Right, did not let me book with the credit linked to the bank account, I ordered a prepaid credit of the mail intended for dance bookings and flights ..

Yes I bought the JC 4 for 25 shekels and so far more disappointing than the 3 ..

Link to content

G2A is one known as a site that sells from dubious sources, so it is also not surprising that there are super cheap deals there.

Whether it works for you or not, it does not stop you from buying a game from a dubious source, even if it works for you without any problem.

A little more on the subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/2yhlw4/key_resellers_and_what_they_mean_for_you/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=usertext&utm_name=pcgaming&utm_content=t5_2qhfg

Edited By serg90
Link to content

So on the one hand one can really understand the importance of buying from reliable sources.
But on the other hand they spit in our faces. So why buy from them?
Why do I have to pay 270 shekels for cyberpunk (the current hot hit) in the sets or in Afik's store, when in all other places there are Of 30-40 dollars / euro which brings the price in shekels to 160-170.
Sets and Afik can only come to terms with themselves, because the dollar is very low, and they still sell a $ 60 game at a conversion rate of NIS 4.5 for every dollar. That's how they sell the game for $ 85.
No thanks. Not on my back.

Another example that everyone has already talked about is death stranding.
The regular price in sets is NIS 330 (!!!!) which is $ 100 !!
Now there are year-end specials in sets so it is at a 50% discount which brings it to a price of NIS 160.
In the bus it usually costs NIS 200 and now 50% so it is about NIS 100.
In G2A it costs 20 euros (80 shekels) all the time, without And without shoes. So true, compared to Afik's store it is not profitable and really for another 20 shekels I would already buy directly from Afik. But in front of sets? They do not deserve to be bought from them and I would definitely buy from G2A.

By the way, you painted it as something so extreme that requires the use of a VPN to track the game and play it but that's really not true. Most stores sell a global key and can be activated from anywhere.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

Gaming treats for the weekend

Another free game from the Epic Games Store, free titles to try out from Steam and Ubisoft Connect, fresh game packages on the Humble Bundle website and more are waiting for you inside

new on the site