Is it possible that the RX 6800XT is faster than the 3090? - Page 10 - Video Cards - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Is it possible that the RX 6800XT is faster than the 3090?

nec_000

Quote of Yosef Refaeli

Maybe it's a question of someone really Nov, but I do not understand the AMD , How did they afford to issue a card that does not support RT / dlss? 

Because as of 2021 DLSS and RT (mostly RT) are nothing more than a marketing gimmick supported by a very small number of titles and contribute almost nothing to the gaming experience.

therefore They chose to focus on raw power and power consumption and it worked for them not bad at all. The 6800 XT gives almost as much performance as the 3090 at a significantly lower price tag. Of course when running RT the image changes completely, but this is as stated a gimmick right at the moment of writing these lines. 

In the future when (and if) RT becomes an essential feature of the gaming experience for AMD you will hopefully have an appropriate answer to

Edited By lev-27
Link to content

Quote of Yosef Refaeli

Ok, and if I ask but not from the side of the games but from the side of an unreal / trilogy developer ...

Is that still the same answer?

No, in this case it's purely Noydia.

Quote of lev-xnumx

Because as of 2021 DLSS and RT (mostly RT) are nothing more than a marketing gimmick supported by a very small number of titles and contribute almost nothing to the gaming experience. In the new generation AMD chose to focus on raw power and power consumption and it worked for them not bad at all. The 6800 XT gives almost as much performance as the 3090 at a significantly lower price tag. Of course when running RT the image changes completely, but it's a gimmick. 

In the future when (and if) RT becomes an essential feature of the gaming experience for AMD you will hopefully have an appropriate answer toNVIDIA

This is very inaccurate.
The 3080 performs better than the 6800 XT in 4K in almost any title and in any title that DLSS or RT allows there is no competition between them and when the most demanding games offer this option (CP2077 at the moment) only Nudia can allow and in other games the differences are not very interesting (10 FPS per mouth or FPS above 100 it's really irrelevant) the 6800 XT looks less and less impressive.
I'm not saying the 6800 XT is not good, for sure and sure if it could have really been obtained for $ 650, but right now when the 3080 and 6800 XT cost the same I see no reason to go for Because the differences in low resolutions are not very interesting, in 4K the 3080 is better and in any game that supports RT or DLSS there is really no competition.

Edited By Moon-Mage
Link to content

Quote of Moon-Mage

This is very inaccurate.
The 3080 performs better than the 6800 XT in 4K in almost any title and in any title that DLSS or RT allows there is no competition between them and when the most demanding games offer this option (CP2077 at the moment) only Nudia can allow and in other games the differences are not very interesting (10 FPS per mouth or FPS above 100 it's really irrelevant) the 6800 XT looks less and less impressive.

Agree, but the thing is that there are not many such games and when there are many games the 3080/6800 XT will be considered complete junk. In general, Cyberpunk is such a broken game that RT's lack of video card support This is their smallest problem at the moment so RT / DLSS is not really a selling point. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DLSS_support

Edited By lev-27
Link to content

Quote of lev-xnumx

Agree, but the thing is that there are not many such games and when there are many games the 3080/6800 XT will be considered complete junk. In general, Cyberpunk is such a broken game that RT's lack of video card support AMD This is their smallest problem at the moment so RT / DLSS is not really a selling point. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DLSS_support

I personally very much enjoy CP and I play with RT which I think adds (although there are areas in the game that must cancel the RT because the FPS drops) and again, if I had a card of I would not see a significant difference in other games and I did not have the option to RT or DLSS in CP so even without RT I would get less FPS.

Link to content

Quote of KF

Hi, how can I see how many FPS I have on the screen playing screen?

What tool does this do?

There are all kinds of tools but if the game is in STEAM then there is this functionality in the sets itself. Enter the settings of the software and there is an option for FPS Counter.

Link to content

Quote of Yosef Refaeli

Ok, and if I ask but not from the side of the games but from the side of an unreal / trilogy developer ...

Is that still the same answer?

Because right now it's the best they have to offer, and not that the tickets themselves are not good.

And they took the right step they have good momentum in the processors, if they were waiting a few more months and trying to offer their own solution not sure they would succeed or that Intel \ Would release their own product that would make their tickets irrelevant.

Instead they currently have a very competitive product that is worth the money, however I still think it is better to go with Just because of the fact that DLSS is a very serious feature.

Link to content

Don't know how much the 6800 XT is really worth the money. The price of Does not reflect reality. His name is "MSRP" of $ 650 on it, in practice the models of the various companies are sold in the region of $ 800. And this is not just a product of the current madness and inventory situation, but simply the prices the partnership sets for their tickets. There are a lot of stories about them blaming you In setting an unrealistic price that they can not sell and still make a profit. Increasingly, it seems that AMD has given its cards an attractive price on paper to win good reviews, but not one that the consumer can actually purchase.

At field prices, these tickets are DOA against competitors' . In Israel even when I see them somewhere, the RX6800 (Not XT) Costs more than 3080. 

4700 shekels for 6800XT from Niag - this is more than what 3080 costs in the country, and this is when shipping is free and according to what is said here this is not always the case. And the risk involved in purchasing such a product from abroad. Not really a good purchase compared to 3080 for the average consumer.

Edited By ch33
Link to content

Do not think.

In the discussion, they brought a number of examples of the 6800XT from Newegg in the ~ 3,500 area, including VAT and home delivery. Imprisoned at home in the closure and crypto madness that returned to our lives in a storm. 

Wait half a year and see how prices drop to $ 650 and below. 

Link to content

I rely on news I read and what those same companies said to polls such as HWUB. I am not under the impression that they will lower the prices of their third party models when there is stock because that is not the reason they claim the high prices. I guess these 3,500 shekels are for a reference model, they actually sell for $ 650 if anyone can find them in stock.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site