Is it possible that the RX 6800XT is faster than the 3090? - Page 18 - Video Cards - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Is it possible that the RX 6800XT is faster than the 3090?

nec_000

Quote of Yosef Refaeli

Thank you so much for all your investment in the subject! It's really not obvious. 

So what are the real prices you think are worth buying these tickets for?

Obviously at $ 700 we will not buy 3080 in the coming year, so how much more is it still considered reasonable?

Probable is a concept that is completely subjective, for one 5000 it is reasonable and for another over 3000 it is not.

Link to content

The main thing is the help, the caring, the cooperation for our local community and here in Hebrew, to organize everything that is needed and to help where it is needed.

Everyone who helped donated and even just offered help, welcome  🙏

And not only lanzar and vertical thank you, it seems to me that all the members of the forum together thank you, everyone who has done and knows who he is.

This is the power of local organization - thanks to the forum, we together are worth a lot of power, which is more than a single internet surveyor has on YouTube.

Not only do we in the community have a high level of knowledge and many years of experience, but as you can see, with a little patience, we also achieve all types of hardware

Relevant, whether in purchase or on loan. 

The next 6900xt stop, I understand from the packet tracking, has already departed from Niagara USA to direct Today.  

Planning right now, if there are no issues, along with lanzar review with birth Generation 11:

The Risen 5000 matchup is done against Intel's newest platform. Will be held in my estimation around March-April.

We will also rush her to the top that is possible, and we will measure for you what is important to us in the community.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of Yosef Refaeli

Thank you so much for all your investment in the subject! It's really not obvious. 

So what are the real prices you think are worth buying these tickets for?

Obviously at $ 700 we will not buy 3080 in the coming year, so how much more is it still considered reasonable?

It is difficult to say what a rally price is by definition.

Will the price of MSRP be considered before us as a real price?   

We have already seen that the MSRP price does not hold water.

What happens is that the price is balanced according to the supply equation versus demand.

We talked a lot in the forum about severe supply issues, especially on the side Due to insufficient allocation of 7nm in ,

And on over-demand issues at Noydia, because of the current mining boom.

Therefore the MSRP price has long since become irrelevant. In practice we see that in order to win the latest generation video card, whether it is an empire

And whether it's RDNA2, consumers will be required to pay a price up to 5000 shekels, a rough order of magnitude, depending on the day, in stock at that second if any, in the specific model, and in luck.

The question is where:

Are you a consumer willing to spend a total of about 5K NIS to get 3080 or 6800XT?

Each consumer can answer this question individually about himself.

There are consumers who do not have such sums, they are poor consumers, so the answer for them is no.

In contrast, there are consumers who can spend such a sum, and they are divided into two groups:

Those who need, and indeed buy.

And those who, although they can, do not have to, so they do not buy.

You and only you will decide for yourself, whether to pay a total of 5K NIS and buy a new generation now.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

In the meantime, I asked for some statistical estimates about the typical velocities that can be reached in Empire architecture,

And since lanzar currently has a considerable amount of tickets of this sample and before they run away to customers, so he bothered to check for us. And these are his findings:

image.png.79633f3b39d82636fa7cddb67d6f42bc.png

What we can deduce from this sample, is that the possible speeds we found are between the values ​​1900 and 2100mhz.

Probably A typical would be where, for an area of ​​the order of 2000mhz (mid range).

So with the full caution required, it's like that on the tip of the stick and with a finger in the wind, we did not measure at the level of distinct static tools,

But this entry is good enough in practice, so that we can understand where the spirit of things is blowing.

This means that when we purchase a single card, we have to expect that the average speed will converge to the 2000mhz range.

And probably according to the laws of the normal bell distribution, most observations will fall between the values ​​1960 - 2040mhz.

This means that the speeds we achieved and measured at 2100mhz should be reduced by about 5% on a rough average order of magnitude.

For a random card (which is the average of the cards) and not an extreme exemplar in any direction. So on that you will base your expectations

Prior to the purchase of this model.

Link to content

This is it I gave up .. 

From June I was waiting to buy a new computer, the purchase was postponed because I was waiting for the new processors of And also for the new tickets ..

A month and another month has passed and nothing is moving in terms of inventory.

I broke down and now ordered the:

XFX Speedster MERC319 RX 6800 XT

Exited 4980 NIS including express delivery.

Link to content

I saw it too, but I preferred the MERC because I realized it has better OC capabilities.

Anyway, to tell the truth, I even wanted to buy the TAICHI which is also the cheapest of all the custom cards!

But it is not in stock from 15.12 .. So I gave up.

Link to content

Quote of Moon-Mage

OC is not related to the model, it's almost entirely the lottery of which chip will be there.

I have not researched the OC depth of video cards but there is no interest here High-quality, or higher-quality capacitors / voltage stabilizers, etc.?

Link to content

Quote of k534d

I have not researched the OC depth of video cards but there is no interest here Cooling High-quality, or higher-quality capacitors / voltage stabilizers, etc.?

Unless you are planning a really serious OC on water or LN2 even the cheap models will give you more than enough power stabilization system and eventually even with Crazy what will determine how far you will get is mainly the chip you got (just a note that there are models that limit or increase the power you can put in the card more than others and also add more power connections, but even this will only show improvement with Very serious and with all this investment your performance for the shekel will go to waste).
Better cooling is especially important if quiet is what is critical to you though Really bad if you run it at 100% will give you more than On a super expensive model that works on 50%.

TLD'R: Cooling mainly matters for noise, OC depends almost entirely on the chip and even if the cooling almost always helps the more expensive models will not be worth the investment if you look at the cost / benefit.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

Sony's Power Show

The Japanese maker has made an impressive appearance for its PlayStation 5 console, with a large number of new gameplay videos and some special surprises

new on the site