Assembling nvme SSD - Volume - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Nvme SSD assembly

How company. The new computer came to me. I would appreciate help with some questions

Regarding motherboard - this is a gigabyte b460m.

How do I loosen the screw (marked in red in the picture)? I tried using a screwdriver, and it does not open and I do not want to just run a force. Need a flyer?

And are there two nvme ports there? To me it seems two but in the invitation the representative said there is only one.

http://www.up2me.co.il/imgs/46959879.jpg

What is this network? It's a dust filter.

http://www.up2me.co.il/imgs/84774498.jpg

Should there be something under the case that is not 100% connected? A little hard to see in the picture, but maybe it's another network? If so, why does she have a "lining" in the middle?

http://www.up2me.co.il/imgs/12183706.jpg

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post
  • תגובות 68
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

Prominent participants in the discussion

Prominent participants in the discussion

Popular responses

This is exactly the part I mentioned and said you do not have. Remove a suitable screw from the bag and set the bracket in place.  

To open the screw use a Phillips 00 screwdriver - note that the end of the screwdriver must sit well inside the slots otherwise it will destroy the head of the screw. The board has only one NVME 2.0 expansion slot. The second expansion slot is for a wireless network card - M

There are two connections to the M2, one under the lid (it should be a heat spreader and not just a lid) and one where you marked in the picture. Have you tried looking at the user guide? Everything appears there.

Attached Images

To open the screw use a Phillips 00 screwdriver - note that the end of the screwdriver must sit well inside the slots otherwise it will destroy the head of the screw.

The board has only one NVME 2.0 expansion slot. The second expansion slot is for the card - M.2 E-key Slot for PCIe WIFI Module Upgradable.

The second image shows the dust filter at the top of the case - space for a possible fan.

The third image shows a dust filter sitting under the power supply that you will place inside the case with its fan facing the bottom of the case.

Edited By HelpSupport

I sent a message to Kirill and he referred me to their support by email. I'm a little confused right now.

Their representative recorded that there were two ports for the drives And not one and that there is no need to take out the screw but that another screw is supposed to be worn on it.

I do not see a situation to put him in the inner exit more in such a situation.

I also do not see exactly how I put it in the more external port. I may be wrong, but it seems that the left side is at an angle (attachment Of it and also the bag with the screws. I do not see which screw is able to screw on this screw).

Video link:

https://easyupload.io/ecnqjf

IMG_20201229_145032.thumb.jpg.dcdaa5e86e2becb7cdd927c97cd7470e.jpg

I think I was wrong in his position.

I looked a bit on youtube and it seems that under the lid where M2 is listed there should be a smaller slot that should fit.

So what is the area used for where it is marked with a red circle in the first picture?

There are two connections to the M2, one under the lid (it should be a heat spreader and not just a lid) and one where you marked in the picture.

Have you tried looking at the user guide? Everything appears there.

Thanks.

It is not clear to me what they meant about the bottom slot. I attached the top with the lid. Is there a reason there is glue on the lid? It will not cause Damage or leave it sticky when I want to transfer it to another computer?

I'm attaching two more Of the chassis at the rear (once from the chassis and once from the outside). Is that hole found supposed to be? (I would say no, but given the dust filters etc. that I am not familiar with from previous computers, maybe there is a reason it is there?)

IMG_20201229_181013.jpg

IMG_20201229_181232.jpg

Quote by law89

Is there a reason there is glue on the lid?

Attached to the lid is a thermal pad with the "glue", whose function is to cool the drive - peel off what protects the glue and when closing the lid, everything together will be attached to

If in the future you want or need to remove / replace the You will need to peel the drive from the Fed. This should not damage the drive.

The existing "hole" is now supposed to be quarantined with bracket That should be with the parts in the plastic bag and that were inside the case. Usually this hole is "clogged" when assembling an expansion card to the screen.

Quote of HelpSupport

Attached to the lid is a thermal pad with the "glue", whose function is to cool the drive - peel off what protects the glue and when closing the lid, everything together will be attached toSSD

If in the future you want or need to remove / replace theSSD You will need to peel the drive from the Fed. This should not damage the drive.

The existing "hole" is now supposed to be quarantined with bracket That should be with the parts in the plastic bag and that were inside the case. Usually this hole is "clogged" when assembling an expansion card to the screen.

Thanks for the response. Will there be no glue left on the drive?

As for the bracket - I do not think there is one. I will wait for an answer from the store (I sent them an email)

• 3 weeks later ...

I sent the computer to the store. They do not have a bracket like mine.

They said they put something in to close the hole. Do not know what exactly.

I would leave it open, but I do not want dust to enter and I prefer to put a piece that fits the case.

Where do I buy such a piece?

Quote by law89

I sent the computer to the store. They do not have a bracket like mine.

They said they put something in to close the hole. Do not know what exactly.

I would leave it open, but I do not want dust to enter and I prefer to put a piece that fits the case.

Where do I buy such a piece?

I would make sure it was closed and no matter if it was made of metal or plastic and any color - the main thing being closed - it would not be sealed.
Wait for the computer to come back to you and decide for yourself.

Do not believe it can be purchased in the country.

Search the PCI Slot bracket

a quote

Do not believe it can be purchased in the country.

What a drag.

I do not understand why a computer comes with a missing piece. There is some piece they brought with the computer but it is not suitable in terms of size.

I will photograph her together with the hole. Maybe I'm wrong and that's the missing piece.

It bothered me a bit that for the store it's not something that is very important (I did not lose the piece, the computer just came that way)

there is That the manufacturer himself leaves the place open, but attaches a closure in the package with the screws and brackets.

If your case came with a built-in bracket and someone "broke" it it is not possible to return the part that was. Note that the other clasps in your case are understandable and can be disassembled, but cannot be returned.

Disclosure, I am engaged in the assembly and sale of computers. I would take care to close the "hole" with some black bracket.

By the way - do you plan to add a video card to the system in the future? If so, you will need to make room for video card ports anyway.

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site