Upgrading an old computer up to 1100 NIS - Advice before buying a computer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Upgrading an old computer up to 1100 NIS

maxth

Peace,

I'm thinking of upgrading my trinity (processor, motherboard, memory) on a budget of 1100 for gaming purposes,

I wonder if there will be an improvement in this budget? Or is it better to save and upgrade later?

My specification 

Processor-intel i5 2500 3.3 Ghz

Motherboard - P67A-UD3-B3

Cooling- cooling freezer 7 pro rev.2

Memory - 8gb RAM

crucial mx500 500gb-ssd

Video card - r9 290 tri x sapphire

Marz- corsair obsidian 750d

Provider - gigabyte b700h

Thanks.

Link to content

Do not see what can be bought for such an amount that there will be an improvement. You should upgrade to at least a 6-core 12-core processor like the i5-10400, and it is not possible on such a budget.

But the truth is that even with a CPU upgrade I am not sure what improvement you will get with such an outdated video card.

I would rather start from. The screen if the goal is performance in gaming, at such a budget as much as you can push it is 1660 super, worth waiting a month or two and see what new cards like RTX3050 offer that are supposed to land in this price range.

Link to content

Quote of ch33

Do not see what can be bought for such an amount that there will be an improvement. You should upgrade to at least a 6-core 12-core processor like the i5-10400, and it is not possible on such a budget.

But the truth is that even with a CPU upgrade I am not sure what improvement you will get with such an outdated video card.

I would rather start from. The screen if the goal is performance in gaming, at such a budget as much as you can push it is 1660 super, worth waiting a month or two and see what new cards like RTX3050 offer that are supposed to land in this price range.

thanks for the reply 

What about the second hand market?

Which video card is recommended not to be corrupted by the processor? And what is the cost in the second-hand market?

Link to content

If you do not mind second hand, in such an amount you can bring GTX1080 in my opinion. At least I saw them at those prices when I rummaged through myself some time ago.

The CPU may be a bit limiting especially in games that are hungry for cores, but by and large without knowing what you are playing - it will be a much bigger improvement in performance than buying a new trinity, probably something for that amount.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site