Academic requirements for the cyber security market in Israel - Studies and job offers - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Academic requirements for the cyber security market in the country

Hey friends ! 

I wanted to take an interest in your experience in the educational requirements when you come to submit PENTEST / SECURITY CONSULTATION / SECURITY HELPDESK jobs in Israeli companies.

1. Is there a preferred Israeli course over famous courses in the US that can be done independently.

2. Are there any certification certificates from the US, or do they prefer local courses only? 

Is there an insistence on academic computer degrees, or is it possible to access with 3-4 certifications (example 5 of , 2 of And one of the permeability tests) 

Thanks in advance for any tip, especially if it is from personal experience! 

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post
Quote of multicore

. Do not write in all caps.

2. Study or certification is only for partnership with software / hardware / service providers. More poses than benefits

I mean you can go to Check Point with a high school diploma and a resume with self-experience in all kinds of cyber fields and that will be enough? Seems weird to me :)

Edited By Robert Feynman

One can go anywhere in this field a self-respecting job and present experience and knowledge instead of some certificate that says nothing about your abilities.

There are no shortcuts, you must measure on your own and gain experience to advance your career.

Edited By multicore

It is clear that you are right, but it is very, very gratifying to see that this fact is also being applied in the Israeli local market. 

I inquired I came from exactly the opposite direction, whether despite experience and current knowledge could tell me to go home because I did not do a poor Pentester certificate, but you managed to give me hope, probably after all we are more sane than Americans anyway.

Thank you ! 

Edited By Robert Feynman

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site