Advice for upgrading an existing computer for gaming - Advice before buying a computer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Advice for upgrading an existing computer for gaming

Greetings, 
First it is important to emphasize that I do not want a new computer or anything like that 
I enclose the current specs I have and ask what exactly I need to upgrade that new games like The new courses for me in the middle of a game, even with the basic settings, like GEARS 5 
I want to upgrade only what is necessary so that I can have fun playing with high settings and enjoy quality resolution.
Budget for upgrading up to 4000 
Planning to perform right now 
From the Petah Tikva area

And I would be happy to help  

Processor: Intel i7-6700 3.4Ghz (4.0Ghz Turbo) LGA1151 Tray 
Cooling: Cooling Freezer i11    
Motherboard : GA-H170-D3H for 1151    
Graphics Card : GTX 970 WF3 OC 4GB Retail    
hard drive : EVO 850 500GB!    
Screen: PHILIPS LED 233V
Power supply: Seasonic S12G 650W Gold + Define R5 Black
Memory: 8GB 2133Mhz CL14 1.2V Fury Black (double we were 16GB RAM)

Link to content

There is nothing to upgrade on your computer other than replacing a video card. If you upgrade to a new mid-level card (something with a budget of 1500 - 2500 NIS), you will definitely see an improvement.

All this has nothing to do with the collapse. If you have crashes during games, it's a malfunction in some component you have. Or, the computer overheats.

I would start with a brief temp test, using OCCT or HWINFO. If they are OK, you should probably go to a technician.

Link to content

Quote of Ido.G

OcCT

Hey, 

First thanks

I have no idea how to work with these programs, I mean I downloaded and ran and still it does not really mean much to me

Is there anything that records logs of computer crashes to see why the screen suddenly turns black and does not turn on only after a restart? This only happens in the new games

Link to content

• As for the processor, any processor of your generation that is second hand, will be unprofitable, and in addition, will also not be supported by your (basic) board. Irrelevant.
  • There may be documentation in the Event Logger of , But if you can not work with the OCCT temp graph, then this is probably not the direction. You are definitely welcome to search for this information though.
  • Regarding OCCT, you can search for guides on YouTube.

Either way, the point is that there is really no point in upgrading as long as the computer is unstable (or you know that the instability stems from the video card you are upgrading).

Link to content

Quote of Ido.G
  • As for the processor, any processor of your generation that is second hand, will be unprofitable, and in addition, will also not be supported by your (basic) board. Irrelevant.

Officially you are right, but the discussion opener may in due course unofficially upgrade to the CPUi9 9900 (As I did with the z170-gaming 5 board) If he has the ability and desire to do the mods involved - Link. And before they say it does not work - here is a board similar to his in version eDDR3 עם VRM less good That works with a processor similar to 9900 - Link

Quote of tagada0071

so what are we doing ? Upgrade everything and that's it? 

Currently trying to figure out why the computer crashes. Maybe it's the video card? Maybe the CPU? warming? Any component in the motherboard? Power Supply? Memories? Need to check some part.

Then one can talk about replacing a video card to enhance the gaming experience

Edited By Or Cohen
Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...

Well, then I did all that is offered for these phenomena ...

I went and reinstalled WIN + installed Reinstalled by NVIDIA + DIREXT but it still has not been resolved, the game starts and after a few seconds throws error messages and course, I have attached here the screenshots if it helps 

Would appreciate help !!

888.png

999.png

Link to content

I tried to do the manual of the registry repair + I lowered all the settings to a minimum but it gets stuck again 5 seconds from the start of the game and the computer freezes 

From what I understood from the post is that the game suddenly loses touch with the video card supposedly crashing or disconnecting or something

what could it be ? 

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site