Recommendation for an office computer with a future upgrade to data science - Advice before buying a computer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Recommendation for an office computer with a future upgrade to data science

Hey

I would love a recommendation for an office computer, with at least 32 .

budget: Up to 2000.

Highlights: To be able to upgrade to 64 , And it will be possible to add a video card that is suitable for deep learning in due course.

No peripheral equipment required.

No need for a quiet computer.

No operating system required.

No standard connections / ports required.

A case of relatively small dimensions is preferable, but not Carty.

SSD is needed

Specification of camps in the center is needed

Beyond that, there are no special emphases, other than giving good value for the price.

Thank you

Edited By asaf7
Add details
Link to content

I would not recommend you a small case and certainly not a matx board, if you are planning to invest in a video card.

Why not a small case? Because a small case may limit you to the size of the video card you will buy.

Why not a matx board? Although sli is no longer popular but this is not a gaming system, today there are environments Which allow you to utilize more than one card and do so effectively.

Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...

I admit I'm not a price expert, but I think your budget is too low. You can get a reasonable work computer at such a price, but upgrade it later to Deep Learning? To do deep learning you will need a lot And disk space (deep learning loves examples. A lot of them. A large database means a lot of storage space). In addition, even though the learning process itself runs on the graphics processor, you still need a powerful processor with a lot of "around" core work - pre-processing the information, feature engineering, preparing a training / testing / validation set, preparing the learning information to send to the graphics card, Processing results, etc. Only a small (though significant) part of the process is done on the graphics card itself.

Maybe it's worth using external resources for deep learning (Google Colab, etc.)?

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site