RDNA3 - Preliminary Information for Next Year - Page 3 - Video Cards - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

RDNA3 - Preliminary information for next year

Right. But in the scenario I described, if you go from one process to another (both of which run the same game), even if the cache already contains what it takes to draw the frame in the new process, it may not know it and will have to reload the same information. Video card)

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post
  • תגובות 48
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

Prominent participants in the discussion

Prominent participants in the discussion

Popular responses

Oh, lay down, a piece of old, crazy trouble. Do not throw your complexes at me. Go near 2 buy some second hand fans and clean them. If you think I have any sentiment for one of the companies that I purchased a product from one of them, you are Leg

I try to read all this correspondence because the subject interests me but I can not shake off the fact that you are talking about the same thing .... the caveman says something and then the NEC says it is inaccurate and basically explains the exact same thing a

The situation you describe is not from an MMO, and there it would really be useless. The actual use of this is to run, for example, 5 completely identical characters in parallel, on the same server, in the same instance on the server so that each action is done in parallel

There is no such thing as information transfer between tax card applicationsIn the context of games - friends will reset yourself 

Shame on the forum and unpleasant.

The only scenario in which information will be transmitted One application running on GPU For another application running on GPU

he is In perfumes Who are not Graphic,

But in applications that are of the computational type When the output is not an image Which is intended for the screen, but the output is a computational result

That the GPU has calculated and needs to be rolled up. Like the answer to a mathematical question. 

If the application is a game then the GPU does only one thing -> that is to draw an image and send it to the monitor as output.

It does not roll the pixel answer and its color upwards, it rolls it outwards to a computer screen.

The pixel should be seen, it has no meaning beyond that.

If you are discussing games?

The only place that will pass information Between games Another, is at the level of The one who manages the communication between them.

That it's the server. You probably forgot a bit about how the business works.

On the server in front of which the games are run, each instance (game entity) speaks and exchanges information Using the server that coordinates between

all of them.  The server is the boss and he gets output from every instance, he multiplies everything with him, Result of the information,

That is, what happened in the multi-entity game, and distributes to each instance (per game) the result it is supposed to get.

* If it's running games in people at home, which is 99.99% of the scenarios in reality, then any computer running the game

Will get the answer from the server using Data below the Internet. 

In the case of a relatively exceptional case the machine running the server It happens to be our computer (because we opened the server

Local), So the application running the server passes information between them all. While the instances also run on the same machine

Which runs the server, and whether they are running on computers outside our server. This is how the traffic between the server and clients is handled.

The application of the server runs on the operating system, it is processed for all intents and purposes, which is handled by the CPU and Of the computer.

Please be focused and talk about it.

Edited By nec_000

What will I do with those who think that games are run at their code level using the GPU processor ...

So asking irrelevant questions ...?

Or draws scenarios that have nothing to do with how a computer works ....

All with love 🙏

So what yes, a moment before you give up on us, or give up on us,

If you read what I wrote in the last 2-3 posts, you will go over things twice (three),

You will learn what the role of each of the components in the system is, and what the interaction between them is, it will help.

* I would also recommend going through the article "How a cach works in a graphics accelerator", to learn its individual mechanism,

How it specifically works, and what its role is within the GPU. How it actually accelerates the traditional rendering process.

Indirectly it will answer you (also) your questions (I hope)

Edited By nec_000

** Available to you privately also by phone, again with love, was and would like to raise your questions, in an easy way to understand / express through voice,

If you think they did not understand you through text : )

Quote of the captaincaveman

Right. But in the scenario I described, if you go from one process to another (both of which run the same game),
Even if the cache already contains what it takes to draw the frame in the new process, it may not know it and will have to reload with the same information (which will come from the normal memory of the video card)

The cach, if only to draw a single frame, changes its contents thousands of times.

For whenever you need to render a different texture in the same discrete image (the one you are currently working on),

The texture that has just come to be painted, the cach replaces it with the previous texture he had (the one he finished with).

This means that only for a single frame yes,

The cache replaces its content (versus VRAM) as the amount of different textures that exist and are required for the same frame.

In a modern title it is hundreds to thousands of times. Because there are hundreds upon thousands of different textures in each frame.

This means,

In order to draw one second of animation, say 100 frames per second, the cach replaces its content with VRAM 

To hundreds of thousands (up to millions) times.

In addition, the cach performs a full purge for itself, at the end of each individual frame, after it has been displayed to the screen.

In fact each frame is separate, the cach actually starts a new cycle on a clean sheet, in favor of the next frame.

Does it help you to understand a little, that what you are asking is not relevant at all?

Edited By nec_000

Wait a minute wait ... weren't you the one who explained to the forum how because of the large cache you can upload everything you need to draw a frame to it and you don't have to make exchanges and matters and that this is all the greatness of Lisa Sue Yarom admitted to differentiating her victim?

Thank you very much ... someone whose reading comprehension is in his toolbox :)

And to the question, it's just another way to play ... to be able to make content designed for 5 characters when you are the one who controls the whole thing is very different and the challenges are very different. Has been doing this for years with WOW.

Thank you very much ... someone whose reading comprehension is in his toolbox :)

And to the question, it's just another way to play ... to be able to make content designed for 5 characters when you are the one who controls the whole thing is very different and the challenges are very different. Has been doing this for years with WOW.

It's no longer legal in Wow, so it seems to me that much less is being done now : \.

You mean, like, saltines and their ilk, eh?

How can you (as the human INPUT) control 5 characters simultaneously?

I remember from my youth in Ragnarok Online I used to play it but the game's launcher itself would allow you to launch several copies at once and in each copy connect with a different character from your account. That way you could go with a low level character along with a high level tank you already have and help yourself. But your INPUT as an actor was still at any given time on one character.

Edited By jackhammer

Quote of jackhammer

You mean, like, saltines and their ilk, eh?

How can you (as the human INPUT) control 5 characters simultaneously?

I remember from my youth in Ragnarok Online I used to play it but the game's launcher itself would allow you to launch several copies at once and in each copy connect with a different character from your account. That way you could go with a low level character along with a high level tank you already have and help yourself. But your INPUT as an actor was still at any given time on one character.

Pretty simple software that replicates the input as the number of instances of the game.

Edited By Azam

Great, but every INSTANCE of the game stands on its own, so not everyone has the same situation in the online game.

I mean in one copy let's say a certain player will stand in front of me and I will be in it but in another copy this player will not be there and I will just be in the air no?
Like in case I die in one copy, it goes out of sync compared to the other copies where I still live ....

I'm missing something here ... can anyone give some video of how this is done?
I do not really care about the legality of this thing, I do not play these games anyway. It's out of curiosity how this thing works ...

Edited By jackhammer
Quote of Moon-Mage

It's no longer legal in Wow, so it seems to me that much less is being done now : \.

This is legal without duplicating software. I bought a switch that does this.

Runs 5 virtual machines that each listen to a different port of the switch.

I doubt it will work in shooters, but in games that allow interaction between characters using an in-game API (e.g. commands like follow, assist, etc.) it works not bad.

Quote of jackhammer

Great, but every INSTANCE of the game stands on its own, so not everyone has the same situation in the online game.

I mean in one copy let's say a certain player will stand in front of me and I will be in it but in another copy this player will not be there and I will just be in the air no?
Like in case I die in one copy, it goes out of sync compared to the other copies where I still live ....

I'm missing something here ... can anyone give some video of how this is done?
I do not really care about the legality of this thing, I do not play these games anyway. It's out of curiosity how this thing works ...

The situation you describe is not from an MMO, and there it would really be useless.

The actual use of this is to run, for example, 5 completely identical characters in parallel, on the same server, in the same instance on the server so that every action is done simultaneously by all the characters. I marked NPC? All the characters marked the NPC. I used ability About an enemy? All 5 characters did it.

If it interests you to see an actual example of this, this video pretty much represents the story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLocyvAqtnM

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site