Mechanical Keyboard Upgrade - Peripherals - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Mechanical keyboard upgrade

maya li

Hello everyone

I was recently thinking of upgrading my keyboard, I currently have a keyboard Standard at work (programming) and a cheap mechanical keyboard (RK G87) at home. 

The difference is obviously very noticeable, even though these are unfamiliar brown switches. The thing is that most of the day the use is on the keyboard of work and I thought of upgrading the thing to make it more convenient and fun to use :)

I have not tried too many switches so there is no preference, but it seems to me that the blues will be too noisy for me (or the team members, if and when we return to the offices)

There is no budget limit, but I do not want to spend a serious amount if the same feeling can be achieved at half price and only purple individuals will feel the difference, I do not think I am there (yet, maybe later)

Ideally I would buy the drop shift just because of the numpad I sometimes lack, especially when using a calculator or messing around a lot with numbers, but again, maybe there is something similar for less money (still upgrading from something Chinese to a drop is a piece of cake), but TKL's offer is wide Much more and maybe later a separate numpad acne

The next candidate is drop entr but it seems to me that the feeling will be similar to RK and then I expect a slight disappointment, there is no excitement in it either ... a little hard to explain but she just does not do it for me

RGB is nice but not critical

Same goes for wireless 

Hope I was able to narrow down the search a bit 

Thanks in advance :)

Link to content

thanks for the reply :)

What keyboard do you use? You do not feel that the drop keyboard will not be a big upgrade compared to what you have? After all, it is quite basic and the RK actually feels quite high quality in terms of construction ... maybe I just still did not feel what a really high quality keyboard is

Link to content

The RK87 is a Chinese toy and is just like the million mechanics that can be bought at Bali Express for $ 50. The drop ENTER is much more serious and high quality.

There really is nothing to compare. 

The SHIFT especially the high profile is mechanical at a very high level in terms of case and probably the last one you will need. Its disadvantage is buttons that are not wow in quality for the price and a selection of non-quality switches that can be found. 

A combination that can really be considered an end-game in the field without entering the whole costume world that is anyway above a certain level more aesthetic and practical interest, would be to take the shift or ctrl in the discounted high profile barebone version and buy the switches and buttons separately. 

It comes out a little more expensive but the difference is huge and really closes interest here, and any other mechanical quality as it will feel like a sidegrade rather than a level upgrade. 

Edited By Roy.T
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site