Burnt Pixel - Computer Screens - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Pixel burnt

From what I understand on Dell's website, bright can also be in other colors:

Bright defective: A subpixel remains permanently lit resulting in a white, or colored dot on a black background. Bright pixels can be white, red, blue, or green and can be identified on a black background.

The question is how can I make sure it is really a bright pixel and not something else?

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

aida64, there is an option for screen testing, displays a solid color on the entire screen and switches between colors.

AIDA Complex Software (can be downloaded for free for 30 days) 

Assumes there are simpler programs for the relevant purpose only 

Quote of QttP

DPB - Dead pixel Buddy

Or you can just display a solid color screen in PAINT or something.

Overall it looks like a typical show of bright "stuck" fiscal. Really do not go you with screens of Dell... :/

They have a built-in option to display a screen in different colors and that's how we tested (I noticed this when I browsed the site with a white background and then I checked with them).

And yes, 3 screens, 3 different faults. This is better than the percentage of situations utilized by Eran Zehavi in ​​the Israeli league :)

Which is also annoying, that there is a chance that my computer would not be sent for repair if they did not claim that the stripe problem that appears on my screen is a hardware problem in the computer (it had a few other small glitches like ticks and problems with connecting the power cord so I do not know if it was sent or not).

Yesterday their representative told me I could choose to get a refund or exchange. I agreed with him that he would get back to me today and give him an answer. Today he tells me he talked to their manager and he just agrees to replace and they do me a favor because need 2 pixels. From their website:

https://www.dell.com/il/business/p/dell-p2421-monitor/pd

"Dell's Premium Monitor Replacement Service Allows you to replace a monitor for free during the limited hardware warranty period6"Even if only one bright pixel is found."

I'm a little upset about this. I was debating whether to return the second screen and the manager told me, try another one, if it does not go then you will get a refund.

What's more, he told me that it can be displayed on a screen with a resolution of 1920X1080 and it turns out that if I put this resolution, I have a black bar at the bottom and top of the screen.

I am undecided whether to replace or fight with them for the refund (if only because they do not meet the warranty conditions. I also had a problem realizing the warranty the second time because I had a hard time catching the stripes that appeared and disappeared and for them if there is no picture there is no fault)

Quote by law89

What's more, he told me that it can be displayed on a screen with a resolution of 1920X1080 and it turns out that if I put this resolution, I have a black bar at the bottom and top of the screen.

Well, that's clear. In order not to stretch to a height and distort the image, leave black stripes up and down. It can be a feature of the screen or of the video card, but in any case you do not want it to be different.

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

In June everything will work out? The MWC 2021 exhibition begins with a Corona-adapted version

Instead of a grandiose mobile celebration in Barcelona - we get a relatively small event in Shanghai this week, and plans for a European comeback this coming June The MWC (Mobile World Congress) was the first notable technological event to suffer last year's coronation, with naive restrictions in the first stage, Complete cancellation of the physical event afterwards - and at the same time promises that next year everything will return to normal, when it is likely that at that point in time no one guessed or predicted that even in 2021 ...

new on the site