NVIDIA RTX 3060 up to $ 853 - Video Cards - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

NVIDIA RTX 3060 up to $ 853

Kfir

In this prey of prices, every store does what it wants and people will buy anything that moves just because there is no other alternative.

Even 20th generation cards have disappeared from the shelves.

10th generation tickets are sold at their original prices when they came out (about 30 years ago ....)

There is not much to do because there is currently no other option.

What I do hope to see is that the stock in this generation will continue to be even worse! Let there be 0 in stores. That all the miners will take all the tickets and all the laptops!

Maybe that's how it's going to get NVIDIA's attention and estimate enough to do something about it so that the tickets get into the hands of gamers.

This generation is already pretty lost ... even if there will suddenly be stock in stores, the prices are so inflated that it is already delusional.

So for my part the situation will get 10 times worse in this generation that they will make all the mistakes now so that they will learn the lessons and correct for the next generation.

Edited By jackhammer
Link to content

What exactly are you talking about? Do you think Nudia and AMD choose not to produce? It takes a lot of time to build fabs and TSMC with an occupancy of over 100% for the coming years (!) And also Over 100% in their fabs.
And why would they care about "gamers"? If they learn anything from this generation it is that they can double the prices for fun.

Edited By Moon-Mage
Link to content

I said they choose not to produce?
I said that for me (as a consumer) this generation is lost. Not worth putting over $ 1000 on 3070. $ 1500-1700 on 3080 and over $ 2000 on 3090.
What happened? war??

Gamers should care because this is the audience that these products are intended for and make up 90% of the potential customers of this product.
So as soon as a 10% "thug" arrives and snatches everything it means 90% are left empty-handed. As soon as this crisis continues to worsen (like the fact that even drips are now disappearing in the bulk), you will start to hear more and more negative reviews about the manufacturers (Nvidia and Amad) giving a hand to this thing by not taking steps to stop it at the product level I am interested, it is their job, that they think of something - and no, dedicated cards for mining is not an effective solution because even miners will prefer to buy regular cards first that can then be sold second hand to gamers and get a return on investment).

Assuming it revolved around them with the situation that all their stocks are going in favor of mining, it means they are making a shift in approach in a way that ignores gamers (whether it is formally or unofficially). This means that a hole will be created in the supply. That means there will be a market segment with lots of demand but 0 supply. This will give space for new actresses to enter.
True it's not a move from today to tomorrow, but it can happen (Intel is already taking steps in that direction - even though it's still far away).
So as soon as one player refers to the "evil" miners and prevents them from pumping out all the inventory, she will get a very respectable piece of what 90% of the gamers from the graphics card market are (again, I'm not a Quadro or Tesla card ....)

Link to content

Suppose I continue to hear negative criticism, so what?
How many manufacturers do you have to choose from? The time and money it will take for another company to enter is huge and even then you completely ignore the fact that the same actress will also have to find fabs that will make her the chips and those do not exist (if You will be able to produce it with its fabs which is great, but it is not clear how realistic it will be and we will be smarter another year or two).
Can they change anything to help gamers? Most likely, will it change anything? With great difficulty.
The problem here is a super basic problem of supply and demand and as long as there are not enough fabs there will not be enough supply and prices will not go down and it does not matter which sticker you put on the chip.

The only way change will happen is to build more fabs and as far as I know it will happen in a few more years when Develop another fab in the US (there are of course expansions in their existing fabs every now and then, but they are not even close to supplying the market and all this while charging prices that rise year after year on each wafer).
What I can assure you is that this too will hardly be a drop in the ocean, because even though you think GPUs need to go to gamers a lot of other companies think it is appropriate for them to pay $ 2000 + for their car to be smarter or for their AI model to learn faster.
We are at the beginning of a very significant revolution in the use of computational power and the means of production are not even close to providing what is required at the price that gamers are accustomed to paying.

Link to content

It is true that companies will prefer to pay $ 2000 for their AI model to be smarter / efficient / quality / powerful ....
But this is not the gaming market. They have dedicated tickets for this market.

Regarding the negative reviews, true, right now there is not too much for gamers to do because the 2 powerful manufacturers are not really doing anything about it. But when there is a complete disregard for the need for a market share (not negligible) it creates, as I said in the previous response, a hole in supply. This hole gives an opportunity to the first as it will give reference to the gamer audience to get a large market share.
Simply put, even if NVIDIA puts out cards 3 times stronger than Amad's cards (in the same generation of course) but you will not have any option to get them, would you not prefer to buy an Amed card? Obviously yes, for the simple reason that this is what is available and that is the level of performance you can currently buy.

The same example we can see in processors (though on a less acute scale).
AMD just sweeps the floor with the processors of . But it's hard to get Amad's new processors so people are still buying Because, what to do, that's right now what's there.
In the GPU market the situation is a bit different because the 2 manufacturers have severe inventory issues and any card that goes on the "shelves" is simply hijacked (chances are in favor of mining). But if this situation continues for a long time, a deep enough gap will be created here (or rather, a large enough neglect of the gaming market) that the first company to give a "hug" to gamers will gain a significant share.

And again, I understand your claim that at the moment "what does it matter to them" that even so they sell every piece of silicone at high profit margins. But over time it will not hold.

Edited By jackhammer
Link to content

Quote of jackhammer

In this prey of prices, every store does what it wants and people will buy anything that moves just because there is no other alternative.

Even 20th generation cards have disappeared from the shelves.

10th generation tickets are sold at their original prices when they came out (about 30 years ago ....)

There is not much to do because there is currently no other option.

What I do hope to see is that the stock in this generation will continue to be even worse! Let there be 0 in stores. That all the miners will take all the tickets and all the laptops!

Maybe that's how it's going to get NVIDIA's attention and estimate enough to do something about it so that the tickets get into the hands of gamers.

This generation is already pretty lost ... even if there will suddenly be stock in stores, the prices are so inflated that it is already delusional.

So for my part the situation will get 10 times worse in this generation that they will make all the mistakes now so that they will learn the lessons and correct for the next generation.

I tried to ignore it but it just attracts a response ..

10th generation 30 years ago? I did not know that tickets from 1990 are sold at the original price today.

I think you exaggerated a bit .. Although they are not the newest but to say that they came out 30 years ago? ...

Link to content

Quote of zone glide

I tried to ignore it but it just attracts a response ..

10th generation 30 years ago? I did not know that tickets from 1990 are sold at the original price today.

I think you exaggerated a bit .. Although they are not the newest but to say that they came out 30 years ago? ...

10th generation cards are sold at their original prices when they came out <cynicism> (about 30 years ago ....)

Now more obvious?

Link to content

Quote of Moon-Mage

If they learn anything from this generation it is that they can double the prices for fun

Completely .

I think the madness of 2017 also gave them the courage to price the 2080ti at $ 1200, of course in combination with the lack of competition.

Link to content

Quote of jackhammer

It is true that companies will prefer to pay $ 2000 for their AI model to be smarter / efficient / quality / powerful ....
But this is not the gaming market. They have dedicated tickets for this market.

Regarding the negative reviews, true, right now there is not too much for gamers to do because the 2 powerful manufacturers are not really doing anything about it. But when there is a complete disregard for the need for a market share (not negligible) it creates, as I said in the previous response, a hole in supply. This hole gives an opportunity to the first as it will give reference to the gamer audience to get a large market share.
Simply put, even if NVIDIA puts out cards 3 times stronger than Amad's cards (in the same generation of course) but you will not have any option to get them, would you not prefer to buy an Amed card? Obviously yes, for the simple reason that this is what is available and that is the level of performance you can currently buy.

The same example we can see in processors (though on a less acute scale).
AMD just sweeps the floor with the processors of Intel. But it's hard to get Amad's new processors so people are still buying Intel Because, what to do, that's right now what's there.
In the GPU market the situation is a bit different because the 2 manufacturers have severe inventory issues and any card that goes on the "shelves" is simply hijacked (chances are in favor of mining). But if this situation continues for a long time, a deep enough gap will be created here (or rather, a large enough neglect of the gaming market) that the first company to give a "hug" to gamers will gain a significant share.

And again, I understand your claim that at the moment "what does it matter to them" that even so they sell every piece of silicone at high profit margins. But over time it will not hold.

The things you say do not sound relevant to the subject, I am sure there is also a crazy market of people who are willing to pay a shekel per pound of gold, but what to do that other people are willing to pay significantly more then this market is completely meaningless.
If there is a car company that is willing to pay for a $ 2500 per GPU you will not see even one GPU for gamers unless the gamers are willing to pay more for the same GPU.
The only GPU you will see is a GPU that has failed enough tests to put cores in it and it will not fit the same car maker anymore and then they will sell it to you.

Just to clarify the point here again: the bottleneck is not the Nodia and AMD that do, the problem is that there is no one to make the chips, TSMC overbooked for the coming years and also Samsung, Manufactures only for itself and that is where the list of companies that can produce cutting edge microchips ends.

Edited By Moon-Mage
Link to content

It does not contradict what I say.

Maybe I'm not explaining myself well.

My intention is that at the moment there is a situation (due to a combination of reasons - corona, low production, high demand, etc ...) that all tickets are hijacked by entities that are willing to pay more than the "simple" consumer. We agree.

This creates a situation where these consumers will simply be neglected because the manufacturers sell the tickets for the most money so what do they care who buys ... right?

So this hole someone will eventually have to fill.

Whether it's in the remnants of "Semi-damaged" as you describe, whether it is by restrictions at the level of the product itself that will make it unusable for mining or whether it is by new manufacturers.

Link to content

Quote of jackhammer

This creates a situation where these consumers will simply be neglected because the manufacturers sell the tickets for the most money so what do they care who buys ... right?

So this hole someone will eventually have to fill.

There is no law that says every market has to fill, just because there are people who are willing to pay X for something does not mean that someone has to sell them at X especially if there is someone who is willing to pay Y that is greater than X.

Link to content

It is true that there is no such law.
But usually that's what happens.
When there is a hole in the market, there is an opportunity for someone to come and fill it (whether it is on the side of the consumer or on the side of the service provider)

At the end the market finds its balance. 

The question is when will it be ... because right now there are a lot of factors that are adversely affecting the consumer side.

Edited By jackhammer
Link to content

I think we will continue to see the shortcomings in the next generation of video cards as well, the only solution is that a dedicated hardware for mining will come out much more expensive than video cards that the paperwork will move to and then market Will stabilize. Otherwise we will have to switch to playing consoles or game streaming services through the browser as they come out now.

Edited By AJ
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Gaming treats for the weekend

Gaming treats for the weekend

Another free game from the Epic Games Store, free titles to try out from Steam and Ubisoft Connect, fresh game packages on the Humble Bundle website and more are waiting for you inside