Gateway Application - Computer Technical Support - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Gate opening application

How such an app (e.g. like "Touch opening") "Know" to open only the parking gates of our building, and not the gates of other parking lots?

It should be noted that the entry of the telephone numbers of the tenants who are authorized to open the gate is through Otherwise - management app Which is not sub Of opening with a touch.

Link to content

When I dial (phone call), it's a call from my phone where there's a sim with my number that no one else has. My number is identified in the system (a SIM card is installed at the gate).

The app, however, is not unique. Anyone can download it.

So my question remains.

Link to content

With all due respect to your unique SIM, the telephony system in general makes it quite easy to control the number that appears in an identified call so that it looks as if it is coming from your phone. This is probably enough to open parking gates, this is not about a particularly high level of security.

Edited By etal
Link to content

Quote of ilanb0

The app, however, is not unique. Anyone can download it.

So my question remains.

Like I said before:

Quote of QttP

As I understand from the explanation there, it simply simulates dialing the same number you need to dial to open by phone.

Apparently, when installed on the phone, it simulates dialing from the number of that phone. Is it really hard to understand?

Link to content

Quote of QttP

Like I said before:

Apparently, when installed on the phone, it simulates dialing from the number of that phone. Is it really hard to understand?

Okay, so when you download this app and stand in front of our parking lot gate, and click on the app, what will stop the gate from opening for you as well? Seemingly all conditions are ripe - you have , You have a phone, you have a gate in front of you - and here you are inside ....

or not...?

And if not - why not (this is actually the question I started with ..).

Link to content

The app does not have permission to take a call from the phone, the app talks to a server that calls and "impersonates" the number you gave it.

Quote of ilanb0

Okay, so when you download this app and stand in front of our parking lot gate, and click on the app, what will stop the gate from opening for you as well?

You need to know which number to dial to open the gate and you need to know a phone number that has permission to open, without these two the app will not know how to open the gate. These are of course not data that is particularly difficult to obtain.

I did not check, maybe the app verifies that the number you really gave is under your control by sending an sms with a code but nothing prevents anyone else from doing Similar without any verification. 

Understand that the security of Such gates is just so that someone casual can not grab your parking space, do not expect more than that.

Edited By etal
Link to content

Quote of etal

Understand that the security of Such gates is just so that someone casual can not grab your parking space, do not expect more than that.

Look, we do not have the gold bars of the building in the parking lot, and the ways to break into our parking lot are many (for example - entering after a tenant who opened the gate for himself), so the issue of security is not really critical, but I really ask an innocent question:
There is a management app with a completely different name to which the tenants' phone numbers have been entered.
On the other hand,
There is the "Open by Touch" app which is for the tenants to open the gate.

In fact, two Various. What interests me, how app "Touch opening" Rather reads the phone numbers of "our" tenants and not the numbers of another tenant who uses it .

Link to content

Quote of ilanb0

Okay, so when you download this app and stand in front of our parking lot gate, and click on the app, what will stop the gate from opening for you as well? 

The same thing that will prevent you from opening the gate in my building if you dial the gate number. My phone number is not in the database associated with your gate and yours is not in the database associated with my gate.

Quote of etal

The app does not have permission to take a call from the phone, the app talks to a server that calls and "impersonates" the number you gave it.

If this is the case, then it is indeed quite an outbreak. All you have to do is ask the server to call on behalf of someone else.

Quote of ilanb0

What interests me, how app "Touch opening" Rather reads the phone numbers of "our" tenants and not the numbers of another tenant who uses it application.

Wow, you're really hard to understand ...

According to etal's explanation, the customer app does not read any phone numbers. She only knows the phone number of the device she is installed on. She sends this number to the server, who dials her name to the phone number of the gate. The gate itself The authentication just like it does when dialing directly from the device.

For some reason the fact that having one application for management and another for use makes you short somewhere. But if you think about it - you will find that this is almost always the case in the software world. What you need to understand is that the software (whether for management or use) is just an interface. User information and permissions are always stored in some database on some server, not within any of the applications.

Link to content

Quote of QttP

The same thing that will prevent you from opening the gate in my building if you dial the gate number. My phone number is not in the database associated with your gate and yours is not in the database associated with my gate.

If this is the case, then it is indeed quite an outbreak. All you have to do is ask the server to call on behalf of someone else.

Wow, you're really hard to understand ...

According to etal's explanation, the customer app does not read any phone numbers. She only knows the phone number of the device she is installed on. She sends this number to the server, who dials her name to the phone number of the gate. The gate itself operation The authentication just like it does when dialing directly from the device.

For some reason the fact that having one application for management and another for use makes you short somewhere. But if you think about it - you will find that this is almost always the case in the software world. What you need to understand is that the software (whether for management or use) is just an interface. User information and permissions are always stored in some database on some server, not within any of the applications.

"Vishman Yeshurun ​​Vivet" ...
Did you think that maybe the explanations were "obscure"?
But the last explanation on the other hand is clear and now the understanding has also come.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site