Screen Calibration - Good News - Page 4 - Computer Monitors - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Calibration of screens - good news

nec_000

Quote of A-10

There is no connection,

And call for other equipment without referring specifically to "scribble" models,

There will always be nonsense.

It's amazing how a person your age behaves in front of other human beings in a child's mentality.

Haven't you noticed how much damage you have done to yourself in reality (not just in the forum) and still not learned?

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, is like stupidity.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

I can also give relation to certain models. But anyway most of the x-rite calibrators and especially the high range do give higher accuracy in recent years and so do their neutered models. In most cases calibrators of the same generation contain the same hardware and only a software limitation or firmware level differentiates them. This is not a discussion such as who is the best basketball player. This is a product whose effectiveness can be measured scientifically by testing a simple Delta-e deviation along the entire scale of your choice. Anyway I believe datacolor calibrators are also doing the job and will please most people so I said I only partially agree. In my case if I buy something, then I will buy something that will give me the better solution that will want me for more years. For the sake of reliability say I have a calibrator which is a flagship of the generation x-rite before what nec has and currently because I do not need calibration capabilities for brightness of hdr up to 2000nit or screens And I can live without the improvement in the darkest shades because I still prefer to save money and I do less prints.

Edited By NR
Link to content

Quote of NR

I can also give relation to certain models. But anyway most of the x-rite calibrators and especially the high range do give higher accuracy in recent years and so do their neutered models. In most cases calibrators of the same generation contain the same hardware and only a software limitation or firmware level differentiates them. This is not a discussion such as who is the best basketball player. This is a product whose effectiveness can be measured scientifically by testing a simple Delta-e deviation along the entire scale of your choice. Anyway I believe datacolor calibrators are also doing the job and will please most people so I said I only partially agree. In my case if I buy something, then I will buy something that will give me the better solution that will want me for more years. For the sake of reliability say I have a calibrator which is a flagship of the generation x-rite before what nec has and currently because I do not need calibration capabilities for brightness of hdr up to 2000nit or screens OLED And I can live without the improvement in the darkest shades because I still prefer to save money and I do less prints.

In short, you said what I said, just in other words.

For those who want the simple -

More than 90 percent of those who are even aware of the issue of calibration,

Spider 5 will also do the job, and in any case it is better to have an imperfect full calibration at all.

Link to content

It is true that there are cheaper or neutered models and it is true that in some of them some of the castration can be bypassed with third party software. But apart from the audience that needs to sort out its colors a bit and experiment, there is a wide audience that needs high precision and that is the audience of these calibrators. I can talk about myself that I checked and I know that my color vision does not limit me (attach a test from 2016 that I found on my Facebook and it is a perfect test), and I also want to know that my screen does not limit me. I still maintain a certain budget. Would rather find out in a few more years that my artistic choices were wrong and not the screen was not completely accurate. I also find every time that the way I see shades such as skin tones changes from year to year I like and it makes me feel ashamed of myself once in a while, but knows I am at least moving in a good direction. Now for the most part the population DELTA-E deviation level of 2 or even 5 will not change because they are used to inferior products. But for those who are important and this is the segment (s?) In the population that is important for them to buy a calibrator and not just a good screen - then you need to aim much further down. For example, I attach a photo from the calibration I did to the screen and the average is 0.06 which is nothing and at high standards and the screen is not expensive and indeed no longer manufactured. This is an excellent result in my opinion. If I was a calibrator with a simpler calibrator from another company and it was 0.5 and I was putting a screen next to it then I would be there for a difference.

14991466_363194404021871_3169968588166710285_o.jpg

Screenshot 2020-09-28 173402.png

Edited By NR
Link to content

There is no need, though your full right, to take the hearing personally.

Z.A. There is no need for evidence on a personal level.

I'm just saying two basic things -

Not many people are aware of the importance of color accuracy.

2. Of those who are aware of the issue, not everyone needs an X-RITE Super Duper.

Link to content

Agree with you on these two points. Most people are not aware of accuracy or color management at all. Including people in the field.

And of course you do not have to buy the most accurate tool.

The truth is that somehow in recent years there has been more income from manufacturers on behalf of the basics of color management. Such as mention of support for 100 percent srgb or even color accuracy of delta e of 2 or 3 in computers . Anyway I wish this is a trend that will get stronger and be in demand for it in the consumer community. Maybe this is another reason I'm trying to raise awareness on the subject.

Link to content

Good.

Now, from here, from the mission you took on,

And until ... what was implied from the opening post of this discussion,

That I have already said it and therefore see no reason to repeat it again,

The distance is great.

And that's the only reason I've even responded to the discussion from the beginning.

This (what is reflected and assimilated in the bombastic statement of the opening post)

No less serious than selling a potion that raises people from wheel covers / corona drives / etc etc.

To me, this is disrespectful behavior, and I actually express the matter at the height of the understatement.

Link to content

Quote of NR

I can also give relation to certain models. But anyway most of the x-rite calibrators and especially the high range do give higher accuracy in recent years and so do their neutered models. In most cases calibrators of the same generation contain the same hardware and only a software limitation or firmware level differentiates them. This is not a discussion such as who is the best basketball player. This is a product whose effectiveness can be measured scientifically by testing a simple Delta-e deviation along the entire scale of your choice. Anyway I believe datacolor calibrators are also doing the job and will please most people so I said I only partially agree. In my case if I buy something, then I will buy something that will give me the better solution that will want me for more years. For the sake of reliability say I have a calibrator which is a flagship of the generation x-rite before what nec has and currently because I do not need calibration capabilities for brightness of hdr up to 2000nit or screens OLED And I can live without the improvement in the darkest shades because I still prefer to save money and I do less prints.

Indeed, and an addition that many are unaware of (from the technical aspect) and therefore we will share / learn / expand the canvas,

Is that datacolor (spyder branded) sensors are sensors where the filters are not airtight

The world, and therefore suffer from constant degradation. Slowly the filter changes its values ​​and therefore loses accuracy. As a result of exposure

oxidize.

In an experiment they performed, they discovered that within 3 years, the deviation that datacolor sensors display is large, and the product ended its life. 

In order to prevent the degradation of the sensor (filter), x-rite from pentatone realized that it must protect the filters and seal them from exposure to air, thus preventing any change or distortion in their values. And that's what they did.

Their sensors even after a decade still show quite the same accuracy as the day they were born, which is the difference between professional equipment from a business

Who is an expert in the field, and the wanabe brand which is intended for home amateurs only. Professional equipment does not require recalibration

Fixed itself. It remains accurate over time, or loses accuracy, but at a very slow rate and therefore has a long lifespan.

This industry of calibration is quite limited to individual brands in the world, like many professional fields, and quite monopolistically controlled

By x-rite. But in this case there is a real technical and engineering reason for this: the equipment does not wear out, does not change its accuracy throughout

The time, is the most accurate there is in the industry already on day 1, and is a workhorse. Not just over the years the whole professional industry,

Works exclusively with their equipment exclusively.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

I can add another point from the personal angle, when I am The calibration with the x-rite sensor in my hand, all screens look at the same end.

The deviation is indistinguishable, and if there is a difference here and there, it stems from the technical difference between the screens - based on their technology,

Like a contrast that changes the GAMA response curve in areas close to darkness / black, which originates in the difference between To the VA.

But where there are no technical differences between VA does not see a difference in outcome. And if we take two identical twin screens the same model,

The result after calibration is the same one by one. Very impressive.

On the other hand, an attempt to test and play with various spyder sensors, testing different screens, resulted in a different calibration each time, which indicates

Lack of consistency. In short, toys. Feel that way, and act that way. And the result does not impress me with the naked eye then at all.

If all this is not enough, there is the aspect of speed:

The quality of the sensor also determines its sensitivity to light, a more sensitive and high-quality sensor, capable of providing a faster sampling rate.

The spyder sensor is small (cheap) and its light collection is weak. The x-rite sensor is huge, and absorbs much more light.

The difference is not only exactly as stated, but in its speed. When it picks up more light, the stabilization time of the sensor signal is short

More, so it allows data reporting to the software, at a faster rate. The speed of x-rite is more than double that of spyder,

And in some cases (depending on the pattern) more than 10 times.

Performing a calibration that takes hours, instead of minutes, is the difference between something practical and something irrelevant.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of nec_000

Indeed, and an addition that many are unaware of (from the technical aspect) and therefore we will share / learn / expand the canvas,

Is that datacolor (spyder branded) sensors are sensors where the filters are not airtight

The world, and therefore suffer from constant degradation. Slowly the filter changes its values ​​and therefore loses accuracy. As a result of exposure

oxidize.

In an experiment they performed, they discovered that within 3 years, the deviation that datacolor sensors display is large, and the product ended its life. 

In order to prevent the degradation of the sensor (filter), x-rite from pentatone realized that it must protect the filters and seal them from exposure to air, thus preventing any change or distortion in their values. And that's what they did.

Their sensors even after a decade still show quite the same accuracy as the day they were born, which is the difference between professional equipment from a business

Who is an expert in the field, and the wanabe brand which is intended for home amateurs only. Professional equipment does not require recalibration

Fixed itself. It remains accurate over time, or loses accuracy, but at a very slow rate and therefore has a long lifespan.

This industry of calibration is quite limited to individual brands in the world, like many professional fields, and quite monopolistically controlled

By x-rite. But in this case there is a real technical and engineering reason for this: the equipment does not wear out, does not change its accuracy throughout

The time, is the most accurate there is in the industry already on day 1, and is a workhorse. Not just over the years the whole professional industry,

Works exclusively with their equipment exclusively.

One can simply give the source to all this "knowledge" 

Even if this is the first result on Google -

https://imagescience.com.au/blog/i1display-pro-vs-spyder

Word for word, but still.

From here to (again) write that all equipment other than X-RITE is nonsense, the distance is great.

Just like X-RTE itself will pale in front of lab calibration equipment.

Edited By A-10
Link to content

You made me laugh, so now the marketing source that sells the sensors - has become the source that taught me?

You could maybe pardon Gwen a little, nothing would have happened to you that you learned something from a forum member,

Try to reduce less, so you get more credit from friends.

Let me remind you (if you forgot?) That education in my life and practical experience as a result of my career,

Also involved in the Israeli elite defense industry (which is the world leader in its field) and which deals

In many fields, including physics, optics, waves, sensors, software, algorithmics, mathematics,

Astrophysics, and everything in between. So that the knowledge is well suited for engaging in a discussion of the subject under discussion in this thread.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of nec_000

Now in Metuta I ask nicely on behalf of all the friends not just in my name, Do not use "scribble" or "stupid" or "nonsense" text anymore,

Use only technical language, using charges as would be accepted in the venerable Argument Hall. And if there is no or difficult, then just give up.

Just to clarify things -

No I used the bold phrases, certainly not the last two bold phrases,

And in general, handsome requires - handsome fulfills.

And for that matter - I did not quite understand what His Majesty wants / offers.

Indeed, I ask not to exaggerate and maintain proportions,

For example - good and less good equipment, instead of "perfect" and "nonsense".

And the pronunciations require, that you give minimal credit to the source used

To strengthen your claims.

Elementary, Watson.

Edited By A-10
Link to content

Quote of A-10

Just to clarify things -

No I used the bold phrases, certainly not the last two bold phrases,

And in general, handsome requires - handsome fulfills.

And for that matter - I did not quite understand what His Majesty wants / offers.

Indeed, I ask not to exaggerate and maintain proportions,

For example - good and less good equipment, instead of "perfect" and "nonsense".

And the pronunciations require, that you give minimal credit to the source used

To strengthen your claims.

Elementary, Watson.

What do you say, you did not use such a style?

Sure ?

Yesterday's reminder One page back:

image.thumb.png.0003469c8f3e64b7df9bc6662f8d0905.png

Never attempt to explain and reason. Is this how they try to convince in an argument?

Well, you had feathers to fiddle with, so fine, like some well-known doctor or professor, who assumes that when they reject without reasoning,

Forgive them for their inability to reason, and accept their ruling as it is.

But in your case?

Who are you anyway

I'll tell you who you are:

Found here 24/7 - which explains to us that you have a lot of time to invest in the forum, and little time to invest outside of it.

The forum is known to not pay. So what does this tell us?

That there is no social life in the real world outside the world of the virtual forum?

There is probably no serious, lucrative career, because for the most part such careers do not leave enough time for other things,

Like being here 24/7.

And in light of the style, the lack of education, the relentless attempt to reduce, jealousy?

The pencil approach that is not the sharpest in the pencil case, blocking 5 users so far, it is likely that regarding the personal level (woman children ....) 

And we'll stop here. You're a big kid to figure out on your own

But let me estimate that in a few minutes there will be another response in the post from you, because you just never miss an opportunity to do .... 

You never know when it's time to just stop (and shut up). Then Lior or Milford comes and redeems us, and just silences you

And so saves us all.

Not that it helps for more than 5 minutes, because the ritual repeats - you open a new user, once again, with as usual some childish name

Something A10 style after you tried Napoleon, askme ...  

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site