Requests a recommendation for a computer (mini or mobile) following a relocation - up to 10K - Advice before buying a computer - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Requests a recommendation for a computer (mini or mobile) following relocation - up to 10K

Hello everyone,

In the next two months (depending on Ben Gurion Airport) I am about to move to Mauritius on behalf of the workplace.

Apart from my laptop (of the workplace) I want to take a computer (stationary mini or mobile) with me for private use - , "Easy" series and gaming (1440P - Battlefield Dodge Games).

The budget is about 10 K (NIS) with the option to exceed if the benefit is worth the cost.

There is no need for peripherals, no operating system and no office.

In terms of components, it is better for the computer to have as few "moving" parts as possible, even though the computer will board the plane with me and have built-in WIFI.

It is important to me to have a reliable computer (as much as possible) since exercising warranty will be a bit problematic and buying in Mauritius is less relevant because of low supply and high prices.

An example of a mini computer that came up as an option is the new ZOTAC MAGNUS ONE but I am open to other suggestions.

The purchase will probably be until Passover (plus or minus) so that I can install everything on it and check that everything is OK.

Thank you in advance for answering.

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

What's new?

Let's clarify a few things.

1. At least as of 2021, Less lucrative than AMD, I understand it's hard to stop old habits but it's time.

2. You will not find At a price worth paying for. That's why I'm building you a specification of an ITX computer designed for transportation. It's a little bigger than a laptop but has the advantage of being a standard computer for everything. 

https://www.tms.co.il/224385

Edited By Kendrick Lamar

Thanks for the response!

The specifications you built (including the case) - which is better than the ZBOX MAGNUS ONE?

https://www.plonter.co.il/detail.tmpl?sku=ZBOX-ECM73070C-BE-32-1N&lang=heb&cart=1614702453782537238

On the face of it, the ZBOX seems to be more "portable" and with no less good performance than your specs, right?

The ZBOX is significantly better, buying a video card in TMS is a bad joke.
Anyway both overkill what you asked for, but the ZBOX will show better performance in games.
You can buy all the components from TMS and get a video card from somewhere else and then you will get a better computer because the processor in Zbox is not at the level of the processors of .

Edited By Moon-Mage
Quote of A-10

Or go for the mobile I suggested, if you've already given up Intel ...

If he can take a desktop computer with 3070 for what he will take With 2060 offering half the performance on a good day?
If it's important to him it will be So okay, but in any other case this is unequivocally the weakest option.

Quote of Moon-Mage

Anyway Both overkill what you asked for

Because of what is emphasized ....

And because still, זה , Not mobility as it were.

Edited By A-10
Quote from Kendrick Lamar

What's new?

Let's clarify a few things.

1. At least as of 2021, Intel Less lucrative than AMD, I understand it's hard to stop old habits but it's time.

2. You will not find WALNUT At a price worth paying for. That's why I'm building you a specification of an ITX computer designed for transportation. It's a little bigger than a laptop but has the advantage of being a standard computer for everything. 

https://www.tms.co.il/224385

The truth seems crazy, I did not know such a thing existed.

Recommends that you expand your space regarding it and regarding similar computers and if you find suitable ones then why compromise on a mobile

Edited By Kendrick Lamar

Thank you all - I did not limit my mobile in advance - I wrote in the first post that I want to take a computer with me (Stationary sexual Or mobile).

Quote of Moon-Mage

Anyway both overkill what you asked for, but the ZBOX will show better performance in games.
You can buy all the components from TMS and get a video card from somewhere else and then you will get a better computer because the processor in Zbox is not at the level of the processors of AMD.

Was it directed at me? Because I did not see the possibility of getting good hardware from ZBOX in a case the size of the ZBOX.

I will clarify - this computer is supposed to give me performance that is close to the performance of a desktop computer in as small dimensions as possible in favor of mobility.

The computer is not designed to move on a daily, weekly or monthly level but if I do have to move it, it will be simpler to do it than a "regular" desktop computer.

Is there a case in sizes like the ZBOX or close to it?

I have to "carry" the computer with me on a flight with a connection - the advantage of the ZBOX in my eyes is its dimensions ....

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site