Promises aside, reality aside: GeForce RTX 3060 lands with double and triple prices than recommended - Consumer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Separate promises, separate reality: GeForce RTX 3060 lands with double and triple prices than recommended

yonatan.mendelson

I think it is important to clarify that the mining operation with the card is done excellently with most of the algorithms and only the algorithm of eth is affected and even then the card is still reasonable for mining.
Link to content

As long as the miners make a profit from the tickets there is no reason for them to stop buying them.

And I must point out that limiting the capabilities of the card, whether it is locking professional features, mining or any other reason is an anti-consumer move.

Link to content

You have to understand that the MSRP is not some company's guess of what the price of their tickets will be. It's not that they "thought" it would cost $ 330 and "mistaken" it was the value of the product according to an official statement from the company. The fact that a certain store sells $ 500 tickets for $ 1500 is not that NVIDIA sold them to them for $ 1500. There are private people here who are making this profit on you, not Nvidia. So your remark that the company is "comically detached from what is happening on the ground" is not relevant at all. The recommended price for the consumer according to the company's announcements is not related to stock.
Link to content

I do not agree with you. Assuming NVIDIA would have programmatically restricted tickets that had already gone on the market and been sold to miners I would agree, and even call for legal action against them. But to say that limiting a new product to a particular niche (gaming only in this case) is anti-consumer is like saying that Porsche's choice to put only 2 seats in the 911 is an anti-consumer move against families with children. Nvidia wants to produce these cards for gaming only, and they have announced that they are going to market cards that are useless for gaming, and are dedicated solely to mining. In November, I built a computer specification for a friend to buy in Eilat and in TMS there was 3070 from Eilat for NIS 2700. Today I built another specification, and at TMS the same ticket in Eilat costs NIS 4500. As a consumer, I am much more offended by this than NVIDIA's choice to release two separate products to different markets.
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site