KSP - ssd connection causes loss of responsibility - Consumer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

KSP - ssd connection causes loss of warranty

law89

I update for the benefit of consumers in the forum. KSP claim that connection To the motherboard causing the loss of warranty.

What exactly? The whole computer? Only the motherboard? Do not know.

a quote

This is despite the fact that you assembled hard disks yourself inside the case, which violates the warranty on the product

I can say that the computer was purchased without a hard disk so it is clear that I intend to plug it in.

Link to content

Released (Edited)
Quote by Or Cohen

Reminds me of the case where KSP declared to my brother that fingerprints on headphones Razer Only purchased and found to be defective = heavy use and requires a cancellation fee of 20% 

I very much hope it was said with a laugh, but it is impossible to know with them.

Unfortunately this is another good part - the issue of losing responsibility. I do not want to elaborate on the bad parts of my and their representatives' privacy.

Attaches a picture I asked about. I do not see an answer to it, but I believe that if I look for others, I will find. Maybe it was oral. I asked them so many times so that there would be no situation where they would do me a trick in this style. Probably did not help. Now let's see what they do.

Let's say it will not pass them by in silence on my part.

5.PNG

EDIT: This may be for another discussion that needs to be opened. Ivory and KSP have always been more or less equal in terms of prices and parts. At some point KSP opened a gap and Ivory took a step back in terms of inventory and that is very unfortunate for me. The service when needed at Ivory has always been good. If a product had to be replaced, they would be replaced. I try to buy from them from the giver and not from KSP and it's a shame they can not give a fight and allow me to buy all the products from them.

Edited By law89
Link to content

There are 2 parts under warranty of a stationary computer

1. Warranty of assembly.

2. Warranty on the components.

I think there was a misunderstanding here, they meant that it violates the responsibility for the assembly, so the burden of proof is on you if there is a problem with one of the components.

But if you prove to them that there is a problem with one of the components, it is clear that there is a warranty, because it is possible to purchase components separately.

Edited By Lavi 1
Link to content

^^

This is probably the poet's intention, but some KSP branches have a policy of trying to disclaim responsibility at all costs. I think I once told here about a case that a friend of mine wanted to submit for inspection and repair / replacement of a player Which was clearly defective during the warranty period.

He was once told - you can't have him without his headphones. Why? The demon knows. Did not argue and brought the headphones. The representative looked at the player and said - "There is physical damage here". What was the physical damage? It seems to the representative that there should be some rubber around the headphone jack, which was not.

Do you understand? will see To him that there should be something. He did not even bother to do a minimal check of taking a similar product that they have in stock or run a search in the pictures online to see what it should look like (probably in this model there is and never has been any such rubber). The representative simply decided that he would write "physical damage" on the form, before sending it to the lab, just in case they felt like giving up responsibility.

If it had not been for my presence, not sure I would have believed it was a reward occurred. I told my friend to sign the form and hand over the device only after registering that he (the customer) denies any claim of physical damage. That's what we did. A week later he was replaced without argument.

So KSP and poor service still go together, at least in some branches. For the avoidance of doubt, I have had the opportunity to receive service even at branches that do not behave in this way, and I have also heard from friends about branches where they have always received good service.

Link to content

Lee went out to exercise one time warranty in KSP due to a faulty sound card of , In the lab they tested it next to me there was this kind of innocence of trying to show that there is no problem, but the card was really faulty and as soon as they connected the sound and there was noise I jumped and said here is a problem, could not argue and gave me a new card. 

Link to content

But with all the complaints KSP and Ivory are still my favorites to buy parts and it is because of large stock and availability to get the product on the spot, and who knows how to explain himself if God forbid there is a problem, then give him a warranty and do not shirk it.

Link to content

Quote of Lavi 1

There are 2 parts under warranty of a stationary computer

1. Warranty of assembly.

2. Warranty on the components.

I think there was a misunderstanding here, they meant that it violates the responsibility for the assembly, so the burden of proof is on you if there is a problem with one of the components.

But if you prove to them that there is a problem with one of the components, it is clear that there is a warranty, because it is possible to purchase components separately.

This is not true. Who decided that the duty is on me? Let them inspect the parts and see that what they provided is correct.

Beyond that, their duty is to warn me that I am losing responsibility:

http://ktanot.co.il/?p=1127

I attached an email I wrote to them on the subject and asked them several times on this subject and told them that I need to connect such and such a drive and I need compatible with.

They also claimed that if they set the memories on this 2666 (Memories are 3000) And that I will lose the responsibility? (About what? The motherboard? The memories? Both? The whole computer?). The processor only supports 2666. I contacted Asus Global (I did not know that they have representatives who watch in Hebrew).

Attaches the answer.

It could be that all the faults are due to this thing and it could be not (every few minutes the internet disconnects. I also replaced the cut cable and it didn't help. The other computer works fine with both cables with no disconnections at all. Plus, the screen doesn't always turn on when I turn on the computer).

I no longer know what they will invent for me in the future regarding loss of responsibility.

What should be done in this country to get a proper product? Sometimes it comes with faults, once it gets damaged in the delivery (oh how it sucks today. If it had not been damaged in the delivery I would not have had to buy from somewhere else and then I had no faults)

Asus Answer.PNG

Link to content

Quote of QttP

^^

This is probably the poet's intention, but some KSP branches have a policy of trying to disclaim responsibility at all costs. I think I once told here about a case that a friend of mine wanted to submit for inspection and repair / replacement of a player MP3 Which was clearly defective during the warranty period.

He was once told - you can't have him without his headphones. Why? The demon knows. Did not argue and brought the headphones. The representative looked at the player and said - "There is physical damage here". What was the physical damage? It seems to the representative that there should be some rubber around the headphone jack, which was not.

Do you understand? will see To him that there should be something. He did not even bother to do a minimal check of taking a similar product that they have in stock or run a search in the pictures online to see what it should look like (probably in this model there is and never has been any such rubber). The representative simply decided that he would write "physical damage" on the form, before sending it to the lab, just in case they felt like giving up responsibility.

If it had not been for my presence, not sure I would have believed it was a reward occurred. I told my friend to sign the form and hand over the device only after registering that he (the customer) denies any claim of physical damage. That's what we did. A week later he was replaced without argument.

So KSP and poor service still go together, at least in some branches. For the avoidance of doubt, I have had the opportunity to receive service even at branches that do not behave in this way, and I have also heard from friends about branches where they have always received good service.

Understand it. External that every time you connect to the computer, the computer hangs and as soon as you take it out it goes back to work.

First time - check the. All right. Bring the USB

Second time - check the And say you will.

I send customer service an email with a photo and show them that I type numbers when the drive is connected and nothing happens and as I disconnect the last numbers I typed start to appear. They register with the branch to send it for inspection

Third time - the branch refuses. Another email for service.

Fourth time - send for testing. After quite some time I ask them what's going on? They decided to provide a new drive that has been a long time since it was shipped.

Link to content

Released (Edited)
Quote of Yehudaa

But with all the complaints KSP and Ivory are still my favorites to buy parts and it is because of large stock and availability to get the product on the spot, and who knows how to explain himself if God forbid there is a problem, then give him a warranty and do not shirk it.

Ivory definitely with good service.

Unfortunately their inventory and prices are no longer what they once were. I really like their service. They are relatively hospitable.

But they can not compete with ksp in stock.

Funny that because of KSP I started ordering some of the products from Amazon. It saves me the headache in front of them and in some products costs half the price (SSD and a sample graphics board that cost me half the price of KSP)

If I knew how to assemble the whole computer, I would probably buy parts from several places and save myself this mess in front of KSP.

EDIT: Just to point out that my old computer is from Ivory and has been with me for about two and a half years and never came to the lab and I did not need service for it (although I need to get some repair as soon as I have another working computer).

Edited By law89
Link to content

Quote by law89

What should be done in this country to get a proper product? Sometimes it comes with faults, once it gets damaged in the delivery (oh how it sucks today. If it had not been damaged in the delivery I would not have had to buy from somewhere else and then I had no faults)

I can not tell you what to do, but the unfortunate amount you had with the last computer is something ... that I'm not sure I've ever encountered in my life.

Quote by law89

Ivory definitely with good service.

Unfortunately their inventory and prices are no longer what they once were. I really like their service. They are relatively hospitable.

But they can not compete with ksp in stock.

This is true, which is why I try to order from Ivory what they have (usually when it has the same price as KSP), and order from KSP only things that only exist in them, and only if it is small things that do not tend to spoil (and if so - the loss is not large).

Quote by law89

If I knew how to assemble the whole computer, I would probably buy parts from several places and save myself this mess in front of KSP.

While you invested to take care of all the problems you had, resulting from you letting others assemble and send you a ready-made computer, you could easily learn to assemble an entire computer. Maybe consider investing the effort once and that's ...

Link to content

a quote

I can not tell you what to do, but the unfortunate amount you had with the last computer is something ... that I'm not sure I've ever encountered in my life.

Regarding the computer - I less define it as a lucky road. Damage to delivery - happens. One after the other only some of the parts were replaced, it is no longer unfortunate but a business decision of the store that sold.

Precisely with the screen I can say that it is extremely unfortunate on a hysterical level. I had not previously invested even a minute in customer service on all the screens I had. I still continue to suffer from this cursed screen.

The only good thing is that at least it's service to the house. I made sure beforehand in the forum that I knew I would not have time to take it for repair if needed. Someone wrote to me that this is a very rare thing (there is some English term for this, I think Jinx, but from a Google search I could not find. Maybe I typed incorrectly.

a quote

This is true, which is why I try to order from Ivory what they have (usually when it has the same price as KSP), and order from KSP only things that only exist in them, and only if it is small things that do not tend to spoil (and if so - the loss is not large).

And what do you do if there is nowhere else? My favorite option was tangle, but they do not have delivery like TMS and take care of shipping independently is a story (and also expensive, I guess on the order of 200 NIS per direction, then they have a return service of 40 NIS). At such a price it is better to already replace the part :)

a quote

While you invested to take care of all the problems you had, resulting from you letting others assemble and send you a ready-made computer, you could easily learn to assemble an entire computer. Maybe consider investing the effort once and that's ...

I saw quite a few videos on youtube (it has a learning curve. It's actually nice to learn from youtube. I had to fix a faucet and learned from there. It took a few good tries until I was able to close it after replacing the plastic in the interior which turned out to be broken). I already know how to connect drives And memories (things I would not have tried before). I believe I would have been able to assemble the motherboard and processor. The fan, I'm not 100% sure.

The problem is mainly the cables + the issue that if there is a malfunction in the future, I will have a hard time finding out what part it is due to.

Link to content

Quote by law89

What do you do if there is no other place? My favorite option was tangle, but they do not have shipping like TMS and take care of shipping independently is a story (and also expensive, I guess on the order of 200 NIS per direction, then they have a return service of 40 NIS). At such a price it is better to already replace the part :)

Depends on what ... First, I probably do not buy stationary computers at a pace like most active members. I bought my current computer made up of CDLOG almost 3 years ago, because that way it was simpler. I have since replaced him SATA to SSD , I added a burner and memories. All of these things are pretty simple.

My previous desktop computer is almost 13 years old, and the desktop computer I built for my parents is about 11 years old. In both cases I bought all the parts separately, where it was specific what I wanted / and if there were price differences I usually went for the cheaper one. I was not interested in the matter of service and deliveries back. I assumed that if I fell on a faulty part of the warranty, I would physically bother myself to shop / find a way to deliver what was needed. In practice it paid off, because it hardly happened. I remember once having doubts about the memories I took to the lab. Checked, after a few days returned and said they did not find a problem (in practice probably really was not a problem in memories).

A lot of little things I have no problem buying on Amazon / eBay as well. If there is a problem with the delivery / defective delivery - you will receive a refund / exchange without arguments. If you need to later fulfill a warranty with the manufacturer, you can also send abroad when needed. I exercised this warranty several times on DOKs and small nonsense in style. Sometimes they even have a representative in Israel so I would send there.

Quote by law89

I already know how to connect drives SSD And memories (things I would not have tried before). I believe I would have been able to assemble the motherboard and processor. The fan, I'm not 100% sure.

just like that. Learning in stages. , , Expansion cards - the easiest. Board and CPU (including power supply) - more complex, but learn it too. The truth is that it is best to experiment first with replacing a specific part on an old computer and less important to get security.

Quote by law89

The problem is mainly the cables + the issue that if there is a malfunction in the future, I will have a hard time finding out what part it is due to.

What is the problem with cables?

Regarding characterization of faults - yes, it is not always simple, but worth knowing. As I told you in a previous discussion - sending an entire computer to the lab is always a story I would rather avoid.

Link to content

a quote

What is the problem with cables?

It seems that in every board and every supplier the connections are in other places and in some you have to connect X and in some wow (there are some who connect a cable with more pins, there are some less, there are some to other places, etc.).

I do not feel with enough knowledge to know what to connect and what not, and where to connect them.

editing:

Wow, those KSPs killed me. I asked to know if after I showed them the email I sent and referred them to the recordings of the conversations whether I have a responsibility or not. I received an answer that I had to go to the branch and the invoice was a certificate of warranty.

I do not understand what is so difficult to list whether or not.

Maybe next time it is worth paying an order of magnitude of 250 NIS for delivery for repair and avoiding unnecessary mental anguish.

Edited By law89
Link to content

By the way, maybe someone knew how to help me and save me at least the most annoying glitch. All the while the internet disconnects for a few seconds and then comes back (about 5 seconds). I have a video that disconnects twice in less than two minutes (if you want I can attach)

The router works on the old computer with no disconnections at all.

I tried two cut cables (one 7 to the best of my recollection and the other I do not know). I also purchased a new cable that plugs into a filter that is attached to the wall, also did not help.

Other than a motherboard problem, I can not think of anything that could create such a thing. Any ideas?

post Scriptum.

Under no circumstances take an nx300 case with 4 fans (the white version in KSP). This thing grinds its head with the noise it makes.

Edited By law89
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Gaming treats for the weekend

Gaming treats for the weekend

Another free game from the Epic Games Store, free titles to try out from Steam and Ubisoft Connect, fresh game packages on the Humble Bundle website and more are waiting for you inside