Looking for an ATX chassis that can hold two motherboards, two power supplies - Suppliers and chassis - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Looking for an ATX chassis that can hold two motherboards, two power supplies

aviv00

Is it possible to create a system with two different computers in the same case?

So one computer will do a certain operation without interruptions and the other computer will do the heavy work

The idea may be a bit disturbed but the prices of the powerful processors are too high

So maybe this could be a nice solution

Especially since I have a few parts that can be used

Thanks

Edited By aviv00
Link to content

I remember once seeing a case that contained two panels, one And one itx but not two full size boards. In any case, at the price of such a special package, it would probably be better to invest the money in a better processor.

Anyway just because they sit in the same case does not mean that there is anything in common, it's still just like working with two separate computers sitting in different cases with separate disks, separate operating systems, kvm if you want to use the same screen and keyboard. In short all the things that make working with two separate computers so uncomfortable.

Edited By etal
Link to content

I thought instead of putting a lot of money on an expensive processor like 10 12 cores

Buy from ALI EXPRESS

Cheap 6-core processor with IGPU

And put in a simple motherboard

So that it does not overheat

Put in their internal SWITCH and connect drives to the network

Things I need to do encoding or compression I will remotely log into this computer and compress the file over the network

Or via a drive that can connect to two computers at the same time [?]

The main computer will always give high performance as in games that need fast response time

The other computer will do the black "work" that slows down the computer

In terms of the case if it will be symmetrical diagonally

It seems to me that it will be possible to put two motherboards

ZA will not have a front side and both will be rear

It's still a draft idea I'm trying to find other issues with it

Edited By aviv00
Link to content

A case containing two panels It costs a lot of money.

A case that contains two boards and is not particularly expensive is a case that the second board is ITX (and yet it is not a cheap case).

other Simple ones that you saw and connect with a hinge system will cost like two cases and a lot of work time without calculating the cost of the sawing devices assuming you have them.

Economically, it is better to buy two Simple and put next to each other and take advantage of the above time to make money.

If the second computer is for coding only it can be controlled remotely via a local network with RDP and save all the KVM.

This way the other computer can also sit in another room or in the same room in a position that does not interfere (shelf near the ceiling).

MOD Ying is not done for saving, it is done for fun and SHOW. 

Tasks that know how to take advantage of multi-cores can be performed on old XEONs and can be performed on 2nd hand generators 1-2. 

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site