4K 60HZ or 1440P 144HZ - Computer Monitors - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

4K 60HZ or 1440P 144HZ

sanchouz

Peace

Following Previous discussion 

Looking for a screen for a new computer.

I am currently with U2715H. It's good but because I bought a new computer based on 5600X + RTX3080 something better is needed.

My question is is it better to increase to 32 "and switch to 4K but of course there will be less FPS then 60HZ will be more suitable or stay with 27" and 1400P but increase frequency to 144HZ and even up?

I've never experienced a screen with more than 60 HZ and I never had anything more than 27 ".

80% of use is gaming. WITCHER 3 and RDR style games.

Link to content

Quote of aviv00

Why not 4k 144HZ?

And run what you can in 4k 144HZ and whatever you take down Rose

Why go for a screen like this if in most cases I will not get much above 60FPS in 4K? It's just a waste 

Quote of Moon-Mage

I recommend you go for an ultrawide 34-inch screen with a resolution of 3440 * 1440, like the screen of To be accurate Sold in the country in 2000, or if you want to add then of course there are also more serious screens.

I do not feel comfortable with ultrawide screens. Prefers a 16: 9 screen

Link to content

Quote of Moon-Mage

I recommend you go for an ultrawide 34-inch screen with a resolution of 3440 * 1440, like the screen of To be accurate Sold in the country in 2000, or if you want to add then of course there are also more serious screens.

After reading reviews it seems to me that I am dropping out of 4K and changing the question to ultrawide 34 inches with a resolution of 3440 * 1440 or 1440p standard?

I am willing to invest more than NIS 2000.

In the field of 1440 p 16: 9 at the moment the dilemma is between:

1) Gigabyte M27Q

2) Dell AW2721D

3) MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD

In the 1440p UW field at the moment the dilemma is between:

1) ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B

2) LG 34GN850-B

3) LG 34GP83A-B

The problem is that at the moment I do not see for sale at all the screens I mentioned in the UW domain. 😨

I wanted to ask people who currently use UW screens:

1) How long does it take to get used to the screen being concave? It does not bother?

2) How many of the games support this resolution and if there is no support what do you do?

3) Does it not interfere with normal work on the computer? Is it necessary to constantly move the head to the sides? Comfortable to surf?

Link to content

1) A few minutes (at least for me).
2) Supporting modern games.
3) Me no, I really like to use Windows feature that drag a window to the side and then it takes half a screen and then with UW it's like you have two screens next to each other.

If you have a budget there is the G7

Link to content

Quote of Moon-Mage

1) A few minutes (at least for me).
2) Supporting modern games.
3) Me no, I really like to use Windows feature that drag a window to the side and then it takes half a screen and then with UW it's like you have two screens next to each other.

If you have a budget there is the G7

Available only in sizes 32 and 27. They have no UW. Too concave I was wrong -1000R. Size 32 is better in my opinion

Because the UW I mentioned is currently out of stock. Requesting a recommendation for 27 1440P from the following list:

1) Gigabyte M27Q

2) Dell Alienware AW2721D

3) MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD

Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...

I recently bought the LG UltraGear 27GL850-B 27 and must say that screen bomb!
 27 inch, 2K, 144 with GSYNC \ FREESYNC. And not concave because I also do not connect to the whole issue of concave of any kind.
highly recommend.
A small bonus, is with the exclusive Nano IPS panel of .

Link to content

• 3 weeks later ...
Quote of Sarm1x

I recently bought the LG UltraGear 27GL850-B 27 and must say that screen bomb!
 27 inch, 2K, 144 with GSYNC \ FREESYNC. And not concave because I also do not connect to the whole issue of concave of any kind.
highly recommend.
A small bonus, is with the exclusive Nano IPS panel of LG.

1. Say did you calibrate it with a dedicated device?

2. How to play with it in the dark (I usually play in the dark)? Because according to the RTINGS website its contrast is not something - 735: 1

3. Is there a light leak?

In addition to its hosting, there have been some good reviews on the following screens:

1. Acer Predator XB273U GX

2. Gigabyte AORUS FI27Q-X

Anyone have a personal opinion to them? Which is more recommended?

Edited By sanchouz
Link to content

Quote from sanchouz

1. Say did you calibrate it with a dedicated device?

2. How to play with it in the dark (I usually play in the dark)? Because according to the RTINGS website its contrast is not something - 735: 1

3. Is there a light leak?

In addition to its hosting, there have been some good reviews on the following screens:

1. Acer Predator XB273U GX

2. Gigabyte AORUS FI27Q-X

Anyone have a personal opinion to them? Which is more recommended?

1. No, you have screen cooling software itself.
2. Walla turned around completely I did not see any problem, even though I mostly play in the light so that way I did not examine in depth the matter of contrast.
3. I did not encounter any light leaks.

As for the two screens you listed here, I do not know them but I know that too Very good.

Link to content

• 4 weeks later ...
  • 3 weeks later ...
  • 2 weeks later ...
  • 1 month later ...
Quote from sanchouz

Anyone experienced a 43-inch screen? 

for example Acer Predator CG437K או AORUS FV43U

How far should you sit from this "TV"? 

To cluster - 60HZ This is great if you play single player games and not mostly shots (e.g. The Witcher 3 etc). Will make the game very beautiful, and sometimes you will feel that you can not play a particular game with a smaller resolution than that because you will miss important small details in the game.

It's not very fun to impossible to play shooting / multiplayer games with it and you will be at a disadvantage against other players.

To quote - do not approach acer because I see he does not 2.1 that it's really really bad. This means you will need to lower the image quality significantly to play 120HZ.

The second screen does have HDMI 2.1 and is completely rotated. But the problem is that it has a VA panel. And at the same price there is a screen C1 size 48 with screen overpowering.

Problem with the LG that it's just too huge a screen.

I have a simple 43 screen and a table 80 cm deep so if I move away from the table it is not too big. For shooting games for example you can run a lower resolution so it will be just like an Ultrawide screen (just not concave).

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site