Replacement keyboard in vostro 5480? Computer Support - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Replacement keyboard in vostro 5480?

EF

Hello to all the experts,

I've had a problem turning on my computer for a while now. I have to "play" with the button sometimes for a good few minutes until the computer turns on. At the same time there are some keyboard keys that have stopped working - but it bothers me less because I use an "external" keyboard.

The last technician I was with claims that in the Vostro 5480 the power button is on the keyboard, so you can not just fix the power switch and have to replace the entire keyboard - I tried to understand from the owner manual Is the on / off button really part of the keyboard and I could not find an answer there.

Another technician said that this sounds like a problem in the settings of the.

I am more inclined to believe that this is a hardware issue because I have noticed that if I tilt the computer down a bit or pat it gently on the back cover, the power button responds faster. What's more, the problem started to appear at the same time as some of the keys stopped responding.

I ruled out the possibility that this was a problem with the battery or charger.

Not sure if it's related, but another phenomenon that happens is that when the computer goes into sleep mode, the only way to wake it up is to open and close the computer cover (typing on a key or touching the touchpad does not wake it up) - this already sounds like a software / update problem - but maybe XNUMX Related to the problem of lighting?

How does that sound to you?

Is there really a hardware glitch?

Is the power button really an integral part of the keyboard, that is, can it just be replaced with the entire keyboard?

Does it sound reasonable to you that replacing a keyboard will cost 600 NIS?

If there is anyone here from the Petah Tikva-Ramat Gan-Kiryat Ono area and can recommend Reliable - it will also help.

many thanks!

Edited By EF
Link to content

Hey

There is a position where the power switch / knob is located on the keyboard assembly.

In any case, the keyboard itself does not cost more than ninety shekels,

But, I do not know how much work it takes to replace it.

https://www.cheaplaptopkeyboard.com/dell-vostro-5480-keyboard-p-15_m-281.html

From what is described on the website, we do not see a serious story, even from this video, although it is a model for Titud, and not Westro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRCcvWXeAZQ

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site