Laptop for a Degree in Computer Science - Advice Before Buying a Computer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Laptop for a degree in Computer Science

Hi, friends!

I would love help finding That will provide me with the needs I need during a bachelor's degree in computer science.

I also plan to buy the new iPad Pro for the studies themselves, so the computer will be used by me for programming for my degree.

Basically I have already read a lot on the internet and realized that you do not need a blown computer so I would love recommendations from the experience of people who have done the degree 

And understand what the requirements are.
By and large from my understanding -

I5 Processor

SSD 512GB

8RAM

Very strong battery

Computer size / weight -?

Budget: up to NIS 4500

So like I said I would be happy for recommendations on a computer more or less with this data, unless anyone can enlighten my eyes regarding other data.

Thank you very much in advance for all the helpers!

Edited By v1dal
Link to content

• v1dal changed the title to Laptop for a degree in Computer Science

8 Giga ? It's a pass.

Do not know why you decided to buy (Well, fulfilled), but ...

The minimum programmable is 16 GB of RAM, preferably an expansion option .

The Bottom Line -

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 20TA005EIV.

By the way, You get it for free from the educational institution.

Edited By A-10
Link to content

Quote of A-10

8 Giga זיכרון ? It's a pass.

Do not know why you decided to buy IPhone (Well, fulfilled), but ...

The minimum programmable is 16 GB of RAM, preferably an expansion option זיכרון.

The Bottom Line -

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 20TA005EIV.

By the way, Operating System You get it for free from the educational institution.

From this experience it just changes the learning experience, I have not come across a reason why not to buy the iPad other than a budget issue.
If you have any comments I would love to hear from you.

8 GB is a pass? We are talking here about a net degree computer, degree programming is minimal. Do you speak as one who did the degree or does?

Link to content

As for memory, if you buy With one slot, it is already better to buy 16GB.

And this is the case with the mobile E14 Gen 2.

It is considered excellent for programmers because it is made of durable materials and has strong. The processor suffocates less from the heat.

compare.png.1aafd2c6ca963f78a53492f169bffbd8.png

Here is a comparison between it and Del which is also considered a business series. The dew has already reached a temperature of 99 ° C. Lenovo manages to maintain a high frequency over time.

Available in the 3,000 NIS area with a 3-year warranty. If you're after the military, I understand there is ...

Link to content

Quote of Jabberwock

As for memory, if you buy מחשב נייד With one slot, it is already better to buy 16GB.

And this is the case with the mobile Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2.

It is considered excellent for programmers because it is made of durable materials and has Cooling strong. The processor suffocates less from the heat.

compare.png.1aafd2c6ca963f78a53492f169bffbd8.png

Here is a comparison between it and Del which is also considered a business series. The dew has already reached a temperature of 99 ° C. Lenovo manages to maintain a high frequency over time.

Available in the 3,000 NIS area with a 3-year warranty. If you're after the military, I understand there is Special Deals...

Thank you very much for the detailed answer!

Do you have insights from your experience regarding screen size? It is probably more convenient to program on a large screen, the question of whether studies may be better for a smaller screen

Link to content

Usually the screen size radiates on the weight of the laptop.

Here, the E14 is not really outstanding, that there is With 15.6 screen 

Almost at his weight. but ...

You mobiles have other drawbacks.

In short, in the set of parameters, for your purposes

No more than E14 is needed.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site