How to Exercise Warranty for a Gigabyte Card Purchased at Newegg - Page 2 - Video Cards - HWzone
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

How to exercise warranty for a Gigabyte card purchased in Newegg

amstel

Quote by Or Cohen

B. When I had to replace fans for RX 580 from XFX I contacted them and they sent to my US address (via dealtas) a free new fan set And original. The cost of shipping to Israel was $ 8 - I recommend asking GIGABYTE to do something similar - send to the address of a courier company in the US.

Lol you are comparing And gigabytes?

Quote by Or Cohen

third. The last option is to purchase fans from eBay for $ 44: https://www.ebay.com/itm/184585772107?hash=item2afa2b5c4b:g:VL8AAOSwCGlgAnQp

Bali Express should be the same for a fraction of the price.

I got out two weeks ago to look for just such a thing but for a 1070 gigabyte card and it cost $ 6.

Link to content

Quote of jackhammer

Lol you are comparing XFX And gigabytes?

what do you mean? That the service from Gigabyte is less good? Better? I think it would not hurt to try anyway. I have had several times to exercise warranty on various products from the US and almost always the manufacturer is happy to send the spare parts to an address in the US. In some cases the manufacturer even shipped the replacement parts to the country (A-DATA) after I sent the defective product back to him.

Quote of jackhammer

Bali Express should be the same for a fraction of the price.

I got out two weeks ago to look for just such a thing but for a 1070 gigabyte card and it cost $ 6.

Note that the fans sold on eBay Look Original (you have to talk to the seller to make sure, and even then with a limited warranty), this is in contrast to the fans in the "fraction of the price" on AliExpress. - There is an alternative in AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001865485002.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.414b37e1tl7kIm&algo_pvid=76c07d5a-92b6-4881-b153-e436a053b003&algo_expid=76c07d5a-92b6-4881-b153-e436a053b003-0&btsid=0bb0623116213305519452025ed4e3&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_ But since I'm not sure if it will work with the RX5700 (even though it is the same model and the same dimensions) I did not see fit to recommend it. If you find 3 T128015SU / PLD09215S12H fans for its video card (Note - RX 5700 with fans some of which are 82 mm in diameter) for $ 6 - please send a link and I'm sure the discussion opener will thank you very much for that.

I would in any case go by the rank of: a. Attempt to solve using Motherboard at $ 0, b. Attempt to receive replacement fans from the manufacturer at a nominal cost of shipping of $ 8.6 c. Purchase replacement fans at full price

Edited By Or Cohen
Link to content

Quote by amstel

I found this water cooling example

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000742403998.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.5da93c00phdQRe&mp=1

$ 152 + shipping $ 60

Need to add more taxes to it

Tell the typist that it's not for the record, but:

Know a friend who ordered a complete Custom Loop system from China (each part ships separately), some parts cost more than the VAT threshold, and moved under the radar, stores in China do not update customs here, there are products like motherboards / computers And if they are sampled at customs they will be taxed automatically, do not think anyone who works there knows what a block to GPU or combo of a tank + pump is.

And in general from the future experience of a lot of people, otherwise the package is really suspicious in size, not claiming customs duty on any package from China.

If you want to receive an Outstanding Citizen Award and call customs and pay them ...

Link to content

Thanks for the comments,

Even before I saw the last comments,

I took out the card, disassembled the fans from the board and the block .

Indeed all three are chained, 

I connected one by one to a 12V power source with cables.

The two extremes work, the middle one does not work.

I also checked all sorts of different threads of them, but it no longer matters.

In the meantime I moved the extreme fan to the middle so that there is one fan above the block Which is connected to a processor and another one attached to it.

Anyway I'm currently looking to purchase just the middle fan, which is rotating in the opposite direction to the two extremes.

I did not find a single one at a normal price, 

I found it:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001864958069.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.38d36baeUFYvyk&algo_pvid=55b57e01-7d6a-47aa-ad6f-7e7d2f552e0e&algo_expid=55b57e01-7d6a-47aa-ad6f-7e7d2f552e0e-6&btsid=0bb0622c16213412522504882eebb7&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

But it's the same model just like what I need and according to the picture it's the exact same company too, only without the logo of .

what do you say?

Link to content

@amstel You can purchase the means without the sides for $ 11 including shipping

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002517938404.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.231974a88OMbDi&algo_pvid=69e08e76-ed85-4b4c-818c-5c5a9d6455f6&algo_expid=69e08e76-ed85-4b4c-818c-5c5a9d6455f6-1&btsid=0bb0623216213758652488851e1e21&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Note that according to the photos it seems that this is the same model as yours, but it is your responsibility. Personally, I would contact the manufacturer and request a new set of fans, and send the same price through the US as part of the warranty (of original fans!). In addition - I would still try to perform the BIOS repair I suggested for the motherboard.

Link to content

Quote by Or Cohen

@amstel You can purchase the means without the sides for $ 11 including shipping

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002517938404.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.231974a88OMbDi&algo_pvid=69e08e76-ed85-4b4c-818c-5c5a9d6455f6&algo_expid=69e08e76-ed85-4b4c-818c-5c5a9d6455f6-1&btsid=0bb0623216213758652488851e1e21&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Note that according to the photos it seems that this is the same model as yours, but it is your responsibility. Personally, I would contact the manufacturer and request a new set of fans, and send the same price through the US as part of the warranty (of original fans!). In addition - I would still try to perform the BIOS repair I suggested for the motherboard.

Thank you. 

I opened an application to Global Gigabyte, 

I also sent an email to gigabyte now

We'll see what they answer me. 

Regarding the , I do not think it will help because I tested this specific fan, in direct connection to a power source and it does not work, unlike the other two. 

My motherboard is updated to the latest bios. 

I also tried to change the settings in gen3, gen4, auto

And reset, did not change anything

Link to content

Quote by amstel

I did not find a single one at a normal price, 

I found it:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001864958069.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.38d36baeUFYvyk&algo_pvid=55b57e01-7d6a-47aa-ad6f-7e7d2f552e0e&algo_expid=55b57e01-7d6a-47aa-ad6f-7e7d2f552e0e-6&btsid=0bb0622c16213412522504882eebb7&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

But it's the same model just like what I need and according to the picture it's the exact same company too, only without the logo of AORUS.

what do you say?

Probably Gigabyte uses fans made by a generic company and just stick their brand on them.

You can move the stickers if it matters to you. (Some heat and tweezers and it goes down)

Link to content

Quote of jackhammer

Probably Gigabyte uses fans made by a generic company and just stick their brand on them.

Everyone uses third-party company fans, but I would not describe the company as "generic". There is a difference in quality between fans in shekels which are an imitation of a fan that Gigabyte uses (in the quality of the motor, cables and blades). I say this from experience. The imitations really mimic even the sticker of the real company, but do not get confused, as the quality is inferior.

In any case, we will see what gigabytes will answer. I think it will be cheaper for him to send himself from the US a middle fan (I would already ask for the whole set lol) that will be accepted under warranty from Gigabyte (and pay only for shipping from the US) and so he will get a new and original fan that will be the same as the previous fan he had.

Edited By Or Cohen
Link to content

Quote by Or Cohen

Everyone uses third-party company fans, but I would not describe the company as "generic". There is a difference in quality between fans in shekels which are an imitation of a fan that Gigabyte uses (in the quality of the motor, cables and blades). I say this from experience. The imitations really mimic even the sticker of the real company, but do not get confused, as the quality is inferior.

Enough to get smart, well ... how hard you are.

Did I say the quality is poor?

I said generically. The definition of generic is that it has no brand.

Company A manufactures the fans and sells them to both Company B and Company C.

You're probably looking for them to say you'm right to end this unnecessary discussion.

You're right. Let's finish the discussion please and let the discussion open to carry out the process? 

Thank you.

Link to content

• 3 weeks later ...

Updates I ordered at the end from AliExpress

Gigabyte's service is not really interested in helping in a "pirate" way and sending me fans that I will replace on my own,

They are asking me to send them the entire video card, at my expense, they will fix and return it to my US address only.

In short, I probably will not buy more at NEWEGG

Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...
Quote of Moon-Mage

Not in the country, you still have to ship to Germany, but you only pay for shipping one way and they cover the rest.

For those who care about responsibility it's still kind of MEH .....

Because shipping a video card (2-3 kilos minimum) to Germany can be expensive ... (a few hundred shekels)

And this is what from theory you save compared to buying in the country.

Link to content

Quote of jackhammer

For those who care about responsibility it's still kind of MEH .....

Because shipping a video card (2-3 kilos minimum) to Germany can be expensive ... (a few hundred shekels)

And this is what from theory you save compared to buying in the country.

On normal days maybe, at the moment you can get 3060 in 2000, 3070 in ~ 3400 and 3080 in 4400 ~ and in the country the prices are over 50% more than a few hundred and there are only about 2-5% chance you will have to spend looking great.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Sony's Power Show

Sony's Power Show

The Japanese maker has made an impressive appearance for its PlayStation 5 console, with a large number of new gameplay videos and some special surprises