2TB backup disk with USB connection at too cheap a price, what do I not know? Forums - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

2TB backup disk with USB connection at too cheap a price, what do I not know?

ha

I am looking for a 2TB backup disk with a 2.5 "USB connection (which does not need external power), I have seen some suspiciously cheap products (for example 1TB / 2TB Portable External Hard Drive Disk HD High capacity SATA USB 3.0 Storage Device Original for Computer Laptop | External Hard Drives | - AliExpress) At a price of about 100 NIS ...

- Is it real at all?

- From what I have seen all the cheap disks require that the formatting be done in FET32 only and not in NTFS so as not to damage the disk, what is the reason?

Link to content

I will give a little more information about the scams that can usually be encountered. You get a drive that can also have 500Tra written on it, that way it is formatted at least. Once you bypass the real few gigabytes that are on the drive, then there is usually some failure or things are deleted. What happens in this scam is that the drive is only formatted to present itself in a certain way. As for the fat32 so for sure it is a sign that the actual size of the drive is probably no more than 32 gigabytes or you do not want it to be reformatted and suddenly it will show the real size (although sometimes their format remains even after using Windows format). @ha

Edited By NR
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site